Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken Muppets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Eutow wrote: »
    And she was lying on the ground for ages before he even noticed. The man sitting down near the window was more concerned with filming this kerfuffle than eating his food and getting out of the way. Shows you the lengths people go to to film any old cr@p.

This was what I think is almost worse, that someone would rather film a violent interaction than try and stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Ah, your own personal experience. Grand so. Sounded like it was proven facts that you were saying, rather than opinions and conclusions reached through own experience. Thanks for clarifying.

You're welcome Zippee I look forward to reading your peer reviewed footnoted posts; where might I find these? The New Gob****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Go and have a look at my posts in Legal Discussions, I'm far from anti-gardai.

The situation is that they do not sufficiently patrol trouble spots in the city centre. I know this from experience of the other side of this, albeit a few years back at this stage. Take a look around one night near closing, it very rare to see a patrol.

One minute you're saying it's very rare to have trouble on a night out in Dublin and the next you're saying the gardaí don't have enough patrols in trouble spots. If trouble is rare how are there trouble spots?

I've not been out in Dublin in a while but when I worked the doors and drank in the city centre there were usually gardaí walking through Temple Bar and cycling around the city (as well as the standard, pointless, huddle at the GPO). They also monitor the CCTV which covers a lot more area than a couple of uniforms walking the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Ah, your own personal experience. Grand so. Sounded like it was proven facts that you were saying, rather than opinions and conclusions reached through own experience. Thanks for clarifying.

Isn't that the purpose of Boards ......... isn't that what makes up 99% of Boards content :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

You're welcome Zippee I look forward to reading your peer reviewed footnoted posts; where might I find these? The New Gob****e?

No need to get smart in my opinion. You'll get no peer reviewed footnoted posts from me, I instead try to take the approach that if something is just my opinion I try to show it as such rather than implying it's fact instead...Tends to work better for me personally when discussing a topic, and so I think I'll try to stick to that.

• Advertisement

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Isn't that the purpose of Boards ......... isn't that what makes up 99% of Boards content :confused:

Of course. Discussing our opinions for sure. But there's a difference between an opinion and a fact, and I think it's better to show that something is opinion / personal experience when discussing it, rather than painting it as a fact.

The response I was giving wasn't related to it being invalid cos it's personal experience conclusion, but to it being different from the implied fact.

No need to get smart in my opinion. You'll get no peer reviewed footnoted posts from me, I instead try to take the approach that if something is just my opinion I try to show it as such rather than implying it's fact instead...Tends to work better for me personally when discussing a topic, and so I think I'll try to stick to that.

Here's some advice for you, always assume it's just an opinion when reading a post on Boards unless otherwise stated and proved :rolleyes:

Here's some advice for you, always assume it's just an opinion when reading a post on Boards unless otherwise stated and proved :rolleyes:

Thanks, but my opinion on that is different, so I'll pass on your advice. :rolleyes:

Of course. Discussing our opinions for sure. But there's a difference between an opinion and a fact, and I think it's better to show that something is opinion / personal experience when discussing it, rather than painting it as a fact.

The response I was giving wasn't related to it being invalid cos it's personal experience conclusion, but to it being different from the implied fact.

I read Mark's posts just like you ......... I didn't see any implication, intentionally or otherwise, that facts were being stated .......... they were presented as opinions and that is how I took them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Say what you want about the English guy but the Irish guy was the one who started pushing, punching and then tried to stamp on the guys head more than once. He caused a lot more trouble than the loud mouth English guy did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Feckin brits. Coming over here, shouting at our foreigners.

My laughing turned into a coughing fit from reading this and then I almost choked.

Expect a lawsuit in the coming weeks.

I read Mark's posts just like you ......... I didn't see any implication, intentionally or otherwise, that facts were being stated .......... they were presented as opinions and that is how I took them :confused:

Good for you :rolleyes:

One minute you're saying it's very rare to have trouble on a night out in Dublin and the next you're saying the gardaí don't have enough patrols in trouble spots. If trouble is rare how are there trouble spots?

I've not been out in Dublin in a while but when I worked the doors and drank in the city centre there were usually gardaí walking through Temple Bar and cycling around the city (as well as the standard, pointless, huddle at the GPO). They also monitor the CCTV which covers a lot more area than a couple of uniforms walking the streets.

As I say I can't speak for Temple Bar I never go out there. I tend to go out around Dame Street and Harcourt Street. Rarely do I see a guard there.

Trouble comes in many forms. I'd prefer to see patrols dealing with the lower level antisocial stuff. There doesn't need to be a huge presence but it would be nice to see visible patrols as a deterrent. I take you at your word they're there. I've never noticed them.

It seems that the odd time there is a melee it takes ages for them to turn up. Again for Zippee's benefit I've not done a time and motion study.

Thanks, but my opinion on that is different, so I'll pass on your advice. :rolleyes:

Leading you to need clarification on posts that are quite obvious to the rest of us ....... if you can't speed up then don't expect the rest of us to wait around for you to catch up! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

SYNOPSIS:
    1. Drunk English Moron shouts abuse at staff
    2. Drunk Irish Moron shouts abuse at Drunk English Moron
    3. Scuffle breaks out between Drunk Irish Moron and Drunk English moron

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Say what you want about the English guy but the Irish guy was the one who started pushing, punching and then tried to stamp on the guys head more than once. He caused a lot more trouble than the loud mouth English guy did.

Huh? :confused:

Leading you to need clarification on posts that are quite obvious to the rest of us ....... if you can't speed up then don't expect the rest of us to wait around for you to catch up! ;)

So now you're in a position to speak for everyone else... awesome... as well as making generalisations based on a single person, and being disrespectful, smart and patronising...

Yep, this has gone too far... leaving you to it.

Bye all.

(Sorry mods... before you say it, you're right)

Say what you want by drunken Irish, but that was beautifully shot, with a phone no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

So now you're in a position to speak for everyone else... awesome... as well as making generalisations based on a single person, and being disrespectful, smart and patronising...

Yep, this has gone too far... leaving you to it.

Bye all.

(Sorry mods... before you say it, you're right)

LADS!

LADS!

RELAX!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Say what you want by drunken Irish, but that was beautifully shot, with a phone no less.

And in landscape mode and all. I call shenanigans. It must be a movie. Or Denis O Briens fault somehow. Has anybody blamed him yet.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    LADS!

LADS!

RELAX!!

THATS MY WOMAN! THATS MY WOMAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Huh? :confused:

He's the one who started throwing slaps around when there was really no need. Have to laugh at people saying fair play to him. If he hadn't got involved the situation wouldn't have developed at all, but he wanted all that to kick off because he wanted a scrap. When the boyfriend comes out in a rage you can see him buzzing for it again. Pure scumbag just like the two English lads.

Macavity. wrote: »
    He's the one who started throwing slaps around when there was really no need. Have to laugh at people saying fair play to him. If he hadn't got involved the situation wouldn't have developed at all, but he wanted all that to kick off because he wanted a scrap. When the boyfriend comes out in a rage you can see him buzzing for it again. Pure scumbag just like the two English lads.

Meh, not so sure but I see where you're coming from.

I think he tried to step in - clouded by drink. He didn't actually go for Mr. English until Mr. English lunged at him.

I have to admit I'd like to have seen more people step in and stop him hurling abuse or better yet the point I was trying to make earlier the guards show up and have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm not too sure why he's having a go at the Isish lad for "dropping his woman". Clearly the first English lad was having a go at the chap working in Apache, the Irish lad quite rightly told him to cop the f on, a scuffle developed and the English lad pushed everyone back, resulting in the lady hitting her head. Disgusting kicking his head when he was down though. One of the main reasons I avoid packed takeaways on a night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

If the pizzas had of come a bit quicker then none of this agro would have been started - ye wouldnt get this in Domino's

Macavity. wrote: »

I think you need to watch the video again .......... the Dublin lad was chatting away to the English guy in the white shirt and only intervened when the other English lad asked the little guy behind the counter to "come outside" ......... the Dublin lad said "I'll go outside with ya" obviously calling the English lad out as a bully.
    The English lad attempted the first punch to which the Dublin lad said "don't even start" ......... then the fight broke out.

The kicks to the head ........ well everybody has their opinion on that ........ mine is f*** him, he's a bully.

Outside, the Dublin lad put his fists up because the English lad in the white shirt was charging at him so what else was he supposed to do?
    If you watch carefully you'll see the Dublin lad change stance and put his hands up in a non-confrontational manner when he realises exactly why (girlfriend on the floor inside) the English lad in white shirt is upset so that whole thing is mis-communication, ie. English lad assumes Dublin lad has knocked his girlfriend out and Dublin lad (knowing he didn't) puts his hands up to say he didn't hit her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Apparently the video is 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think you need to watch the video again .......... the Dublin lad was chatting away to the English guy in the white shirt and only intervened when the other English lad asked the little guy behind the counter to "come outside" ......... the Dublin lad said "I'll go outside with ya" obviously calling the English lad out as a bully.
    The English lad attempted the first punch to which the Dublin lad said "don't even start" ......... then the fight broke out.

The kicks to the head ........ well everybody has their opinion on that ........ mine is f*** him, he's a bully.

Outside, the Dublin lad put his fists up because the English lad in the white shirt was charging at him so what else was he supposed to do?
    If you watch carefully you'll see the Dublin lad change stance and put his hands up in a non-confrontational manner when he realises exactly why (girlfriend on the floor inside) the English lad in white shirt is upset so that whole thing is mis-communication, ie. English lad assumes Dublin lad has knocked his girlfriend out and Dublin lad (knowing he didn't) puts his hands up to say he didn't hit her.

Ohhhh right. I was so confused as to why he raced outside after seeing his girlfriend knocked out, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

That's not how I see it at all. "Calling him out as a bully", hardly. He was delighted the opportunity for a fight had presented itself. Outside, he's all go again. Take note of how confrontational he is throughout the video, most people would not act that way unless they were looking for a scrap.

Link in OP seems to have been removed.

• Advertisement

Apparently the video is 2 years old.

Not sure, but either way, it seems to have just been uploaded to youtube one day ago.

Noticed though that the link in the original post has now been taken offline...

Advertisement