Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken Muppets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

The pushy chap with the "fancy hair" and the "schnakey, nasty litle gitty head-stamping when they're down" needed an almighty, quieting, life-reaffirming, smack in the puss about five seconds into the video. Would have saved a lot of fuss. Sadly, he didn't get it. Those are my conclusions. Ye probably have others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Trebor176 wrote: »
    This video is doing the rounds now. It's one reason why I don't drink, and hate certain parts of town at night. I do hope the girl is ok, though. Paddy's Day should be 'fun.'

http://lovindublin.com/dublin/video-shows-shocking-violence-in-pizza-restauran

The boyfriend instead of STAYING with her and trying to wait for an ambulance, he leaves her and goes outside to fight some more !

Unbelievable, no wonder I hardly go in to town!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

MadDog76 wrote: »
    You've obviously never had a one night stand with a drunk english girl!!! :D:D

lol can't say I have..or that I want to after reading this

You can't get a pringle down your throat when you're on stimulants, never mind tackle a takeaway pizza.

Looks like a ten-a-penny drunken wanker to me.

Oh really? Well thats pretty shocking then.Im sure he's no stranger to drink..and he looks to be at least 20..maybe older..youd think he'd have copped on a bit by now

The boyfriend instead of STAYING with her and trying to wait for an ambulance, he leaves her and goes outside to fight some more !

Unbelievable, no wonder I hardly go in to town!

Ah I know people on boards love talking **** about dublin, and I suppose things like this aren't that rare but they're easily avoided. Im a smallish 19 year old and I go out a lot into dublin, I go out any day of the week monday through sunday and Ive never gotten any hassle whatsoever. Just keep your wits about you and you will stay safe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Couldn't be closer to the centre of Dublin, not a guard in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

This might be dublin, but these are culchies in the video

Ah yes, because culchies are well known for their strong English accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just goes to show what I always say, you cant take those english anywhere.

If only the pakistani lad was allowed to have a shneaky baseball bat under the counter none of this would have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Bambi wrote: »
    Just goes to show what I always say, you cant take those english anywhere.

If only the pakistani lad was allowed to have a shneaky baseball bat under the counter none of this would have happened

I thought it was apache pizza and he was one of dem injuns. Some tomahawk action would have made the vid stand out from the identical violence that occurs in towns all over ireland and Britain Every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coke with a well placed advert. How do they do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All I want to know is, did they got their pizza.

Actually every one going on about Dublin, English lad starts it, English lad gets told, relatively calmly by Irish lad to cop on, English lad lunges, Irish lad smacks him one.

Had the English 'we think a night out is firing 10 pints into ourselves before the pubs close at 11pm' with the resulting effects of being a pissed dickhead we're there, no fight.

People frequently ask me would I move back home (in conversation not go home Mark :P) and I always say I'd move back to Scotland, not England. This is a great example why. Pricks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

SCUM

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Drunk people in enjoying fighting shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Try listening harder!! :D

I did,with headphones,and stand corrected,he is indeed a dub.Has a strange look about him though,doesn't look like a native

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Actually every one going on about Dublin, English lad starts it, English lad gets told, relatively calmly by Irish lad to cop on, English lad lunges, Irish lad smacks him one.

I don't even get why it matters where they're from. They're drunken knobheads no matter where they're from, and it's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Couldn't be closer to the centre of Dublin, not a guard in sight.
    Dublin gardaí aren't psychic. If they were hanging around the pizza place they'd get slagging for hanging around the pizza place by the same sort of eejit who thinks they can respond to an incident within seconds of it starting.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    I don't even get why it matters where they're from. They're drunken knobheads no matter where they're from, and it's disgusting.

Because it's the standard MO for a certain section of England night out and nothing to do with people in Dublin. It's very rare to have trouble on a night out in Dublin.

Dublin gardaí aren't psychic. If they were hanging around the pizza place they'd get slagging for hanging around the pizza place by the same sort of eejit who thinks they can respond to an incident within seconds of it starting.

No they're not, they're also no stupid either and should be patrolling in the centre of town at kicking out.

Agreed but to be fair, you rarely see any gardai around the city when on a night out.

• Advertisement

Because it's the standard MO for a certain section of England night out and nothing to do with people in Dublin. It's very rare to have trouble on a night out in Dublin.

Absolute nonsense in my experience. I see trouble in town nearly every time I go, I don't often take census forms with me but it sure seems like irish lads kicking the head off each other.

Although, I haven't seen any trouble the last 2 times I've been (2 kids, don't get out much) so maybe that's a thing of the past, but I doubt it.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Agreed but to be fair, you rarely see any gardai around the city when on a night out.

So much so that I bet the lads in the shop (workers) didn't even bother to call them.

There's feck all deterrent in Dublin and people wonder why they get a few slaps from bouncers. Compare to Edinburgh, cops on standby, bouncers don't feel the need to take 'preemptive action' and are also under the watch of the local Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

No they're not, they're also no stupid either and should be patrolling in the centre of town at kicking out.

This is pointless. Neither of us has a notion where the gardaí were and what they were doing that prevented them appearing in a time that you would find acceptable. They could have been sipping tea in Pearse St or they could have been dealing with some other drunken eejit around the corner. Having a go at them over this is just stupid anti-garda point scoring.

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense in my experience. I see trouble in town nearly every time I go, I don't often take census forms with me but it sure seems like irish lads kicking the head off each other.

Although, I haven't seen any trouble the last 2 times I've been (2 kids, don't get out much) so maybe that's a thing of the past, but I doubt it.

Thats a real shame for you, I live smack bang in central Dublin and rarely have I ever had a problem. In fact the last time I did the only alcohol involved was some beer cans that got knocked on the floor. Generally everyone is simply out for a good time. Yes people are a bit messy and loud, par for the course.

Can't speak for temple bar but what self respecting Dublin person goes out in Temple bar?

You're average night out in an English market/industrial town though... not so much.

Out of interest, what is your source?

This is pointless. Neither of us has a notion where the gardaí were and what they were doing that prevented them appearing in a time that you would find acceptable. They could have been sipping tea in Pearse St or they could have been dealing with some other drunken eejit around the corner. Having a go at them over this is just stupid anti-garda point scoring.

Go and have a look at my posts in Legal Discussions, I'm far from anti-gardai.

The situation is that they do not sufficiently patrol trouble spots in the city centre. I know this from experience of the other side of this, albeit a few years back at this stage. Take a look around one night near closing, it very rare to see a patrol.

I've not much experience outside of London, but the main difference I've noticed is that is that English will not step in to help someone who's being attacked, Ireland seems to have more people willing to step in.

Jut ny experience though, pinch of salt and all that.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Out of interest, what is your source?

On English nights out growing up there, going home and going out there.

Dublin, working security (admittedly a few years ago) and being a drunken nuisance myself on many, many nights out.]

To be fair, are their trouble makers in Dublin, yes of course. It doesn't seem to be the cultural norm though. Basically paddy hold his booze better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Calibos wrote: »
    Looking at the vid I would have been 100% defending the Dublin lad only for the fact that he resorted to some head stamps. FFS Lad.

I wouldn't. Total scumbag as well, clearly looking for a scrap.

• Advertisement

On English nights out growing up there, going home and going out there.

Dublin, working security (admittedly a few years ago) and being a drunken nuisance myself on many, many nights out.

Ah, your own personal experience. Grand so. Sounded like it was proven facts that you were saying, rather than opinions and conclusions reached through own experience. Thanks for clarifying.

Advertisement