Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Ivanovic,Sturridge and Ozil instead of Terry,Sanchez and Austin and I'm not far off that top 1k team, bench slightly different.

If you count Bertrand and Clyne as similar then Punch, Studge, Cork and Wolly for Naughton, Silva, Austin and Boyd are my only differences in the 15! Oh, and Myhill not Guzan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    Re Ivanovic, impressive but only 16 points more than Terry over the season and currently 0.8m dearer.

Don't think it's worth Terry owners making the sideways move, and too expensive a double up IMO.

Agree with that conclusion, plus every team has Hazard and probably 1 Chelsea def, so its either a choice of doubling up at the back or getting Costa in for dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    Tough one :p
    De Gea probably, Foster, Guzan? and.....Mignolet
    I don't know :p

Oh come on did you cheat?

13 Forster
    11 Mingolet & Foster
    10 Fabianski, Hart, DDG
    8 Courtois, Lloris

Invincible wrote: »
    Agree with that conclusion, plus every team has Hazard and probably 1 Chelsea def, so its either a choice of doubling up at the back or getting Costa in for dgw.

Yeh I think 1-1-1 Chelsea formation is probably the best. Ivan and Costa is my plan hopefully him getting a bit card happy the next few weeks doesn't make it a little less comfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jimmii wrote: »
    Oh come on did you cheat?

13 Forster
    11 Mingolet & Foster
    10 Fabianski, Hart, DDG
    8 Courtois, Lloris
    No I can't ( I don't know where you get this information) :pac:
    I knew Foster would be up there, the rest were just guesses really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ FHFC: I'd get Silva ahead of Eriksen. More on form, more central to his team, slightly better fixtures.

13 Forster
    11 Mingolet & Foster
    10 Fabianski, Hart, DDG
    8 Courtois, Lloris
    And Panti the best ratio isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Yeh I think 1-1-1 Chelsea formation is probably the best. Ivan and Costa is my plan hopefully him getting a bit card happy the next few weeks doesn't make it a little less comfortable!

It's gas to think that after having Costa from GW1 and everyone getting him in after, that hardly anyone has him now after his suspension, but he's due a good score and too dodgey not to have him for dgw.

iroced wrote: »
    @ FHFC: I'd get Silva ahead of Eriksen. More on form, more central to his team, slightly better fixtures.

And Panti the best ratio isn't it?

Forster 13 from 28
    Panti 7 from 19

Cech is the clear winner there though 5 from 5! 3 6s and 2 7s.

It's gas to think that after having Costa from GW1 and everyone getting him in after, that hardly anyone has him now after his suspension, but he's due a good score and too dodgey not to have him for dgw.

Surprisingly still the second highest ownership player overall! But that really just shows how many dead teams there are! 7th most popular pick in the top 10k just 0.2% behind Defoe and 0.3% behind Rooney!! (at last deadline)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Surprisingly still the second highest ownership player overall! But that really just shows how many dead teams there are! 7th most popular pick in the top 10k just 0.2% behind Defoe and 0.3% behind Rooney!! (at last deadline)

Years ago stats like this were unknown and you would be thinking 35% he is a must to get in.

I did the early transfer this week.
    Defoe out Costa in
    Walters out Cork in 4 point hit

Cork great value at 4.3 if someone wants midfield bench fodder.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

FHFC wrote: »
    Was surprised to see that Sturridge so owned by just 1.6% in the top 1k and only 7% of active teams overall!

Serious differential for a player capable of scoring so big.

Forgive the stupid question, but how do you check the top 1k and active teams etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's part of the reason I have Sturridge. The two of them are easily interchangeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I have Cazorla and Sanchez- who should I be looking to ditch? (Other midfielders are Eriksen and Silva)

I have Cazorla and Sanchez- who should I be looking to ditch? (Other midfielders are Eriksen and Silva)

Cazorla IMO. He was relying on penalties for a term there.

Cazorla unless you really need the extra cash. He's playing as a DM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cazorla + sanchez to Ozil and Silva

I think in the long run this will get me more points, but I'm open to being talked out of it :)

Forgive the stupid question, but how do you check the top 1k and active teams etc??

Fantasy football fix. They are new enough they have an insane amount of new stats to go through!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

For the likes of myself...that hav'nt the time to look back through players form I think a simple yet big addition to the game in the transfers area would be a drop down that shows 'form or points in last month'...or say in a players last 5/6 games,as you could be looking at a player now with a heap of points but in reality he got most of them between say Aug and Oct,
    My apologies if this is in there already:)....but I don't think it is.
    Anyone else think of this idea as helping make more considered transfer choices....or of other changes that would help the game?

For the likes of myself...that hav'nt the time to look back through players form I think a simple yet big addition to the game in the transfers area would be a drop down that shows 'form or points in last month'...or say in a players last 5/6 games,as you could be looking at a player now with a heap of points but in reality he got most of them between say Aug and Oct,
    My apologies if this is in there already:)....but I don't think it is.
    Anyone else think of this idea as helping make more considered transfer choices....or of other changes that would help the game?

They have one for the last 30 days on the FPL site
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/stats/elements/?element_filter=0&stat_filter=form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The rise for Ivan theother night means I can't now afford my planned transfer, it was always likely to happen but forces a rethink. I may now give Defoe yet another week, how confident are we (PaullyD) that he will start against Villa? I was quite impressed with Kramaric on MOTD but see now that he was replaced after 57 minutes when the game was in the melting pot, what was the reason for that?
    I'm also pondering Bobby Zamora as my bench fodder from the front 8 for a few weeks, I want to give Mane a nice run and midfield spots are quite precious at the moment with so many big performers and potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The rise for Ivan theother night means I can't now afford my planned transfer, it was always likely to happen but forces a rethink.

:( I still want to get him, but I'm conceding that Terry may have to do. With that I have a dilemma on how to get him in. I was thinking of taking a -4 and shipping out Dummet and Herrera for Cork and Terry. See team below. I'm doing well considering my team is a bit of a mess.

Opinions appreciated.

Also, hi Mick!

341371.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

spock. wrote: »

Thanks Spock....I was aware of the 'form' drop down....it has weaknesses though as it doesn't separate out the players score over the month and list it (to my knowledge anyway)....would be nice if you had a drop down say for midfielders as an eg and it listed the players with highest points return in that month,would be easier read if you get my meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I was thinking of swapping Sanchez for Ozil but having watched the Arsenal game last week Sanchez just looks too lethal to leave out. For this week anyway its Sanchez and I'll do without Costa. Chelsea are away to Southampton anyway which isn't the easiest fixture. Long term I'll probably swap out Sanchez for Ozil which will allow me to swap Giroud for Costa.

I was thinking of swapping Sanchez for Ozil but having watched the Arsenal game last week Sanchez just looks too lethal to leave out. For this week anyway its Sanchez and I'll do without Costa. Chelsea are away to Southampton anyway which isn't the easiest fixture. Long term I'll probably swap out Sanchez for Ozil which will allow me to swap Giroud for Costa.

Re Costa, bear in mind he's two bookings away from a two game ban. Not sure when the amnesty is but think there could be a few more fixtures before it. Its usually in April.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Re Costa, bear in mind he's two bookings away from a two game ban. Not sure when the amnesty is but think there could be a few more fixtures before it. Its usually in April.

2nd of April is the cut off date after that its 15.

Edit! Its 2nd Sunday of April not 2nd of April! Reading comprehension ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

2nd of April is the cut off date after that its 15.

12th of April so 4 more GWs to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Lemlin wrote: »

Another reason why I'm steering clear for now. Plus Chelsea are going to have the league sewn up before the end of the season and I see Costa being rested for a Champions League run. Don't think Arsenal are going to turn it over against Monaco so they will only have the league to focus on. I'll re evaluate as we approach DGW for Chelsea. I think it'd be borderline madness to not have Costa for that if he's not banned.

12th of April so 4 more GWs to go

Oops yeh its 2nd Sunday in April read it as 2nd of April lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Might carry a transfer this week to re arrange my defence next week . 10 gameweeks left so time for a bit more focus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Sanchez to Hazard is a no brainer at the moment I think.

Advertisement