Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Sanchez to Hazard is a no brainer at the moment I think.

He's already over 80% at the top end of things if you don't have him already then you would definitely want to be sorting that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Anyone know what the story is with Szczesny this weather? I still have the bugger, along with Lloris. Any tips on who to replace him with?

garra wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Szczesny this weather? I still have the bugger, along with Lloris. Any tips on who to replace him with?

Take him out for a 4m keeper and just play Lloris that is way too much to spend on GKs! In an ideal world sell Lloris too but you don't want to be wasting transfers on GKs right now too valuable for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

jimmii wrote: »
    Take him out for a 4m keeper and just play Lloris that is way too much to spend on GKs! In an ideal world sell Lloris too but you don't want to be wasting transfers on GKs right now too valuable for that!

Yes I take your point about the cost of both keepers but I don't play a cost-sensitive type of game so it's not an issue for me.. meaning I don't buy the most expensive players and scrimp around for 0.1s by buying/selling players early and all that shenanigans. I build out the squad and always have a decent sub, this year I wanted to have 2 decent goalies to rotate home games with and went with those 2 at a slight cost in money terms. Hasn't really worked out tbh.

I see Chesney is set to return tonight anyway, so will hold fire for now.

Other options were mentioned here, would be nice to save transfer for elsewhere though:
    http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/03/09/the-watchlist-updated-gameweek-29-the-defence/

garra wrote: »
    Yes I take your point about the cost of both keepers but I don't play a cost-sensitive type of game so it's not an issue for me.. meaning I don't buy the most expensive players and scrimp around for 0.1s by buying/selling players early and all that shenanigans. I build out the squad and always have a decent sub, this year I wanted to have 2 decent goalies to rotate home games with and went with those 2 at a slight cost in money terms. Hasn't really worked out tbh.

I see Chesney is set to return tonight anyway, so will hold fire for now.

Other options were mentioned here, would be nice to save transfer for elsewhere though:
    http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/03/09/the-watchlist-updated-gameweek-29-the-defence/

Having a 5m+ keeper sitting on your bench every week is not a sensible distribution of funds you need to get as much value out of your budget as possible having unnecessary funds tied up on the bench is just putting yourself at a disadvantage vs most other players. If you have a look at the top teams this season it is no coincidence that the pool of GKs that are used is very small Foster, Krul, Panti make the majority of squads with Myhill, Hamer, Heaton making up the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Thought Phil Jones would regain his place after Evans' ban but he is on the bench again tonight so it looks like I will have to transfer Jones out. Was leaning towards banking the transfer before I saw that team sheet.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Thought Phil Jones would regain his place after Evans' ban but he is on the bench again tonight so it looks like I will have to transfer Jones out. Was leaning towards banking the transfer before I saw that team sheet.

Yeh definitely looks like its worth using a transfer to shift him. You never know there might be a red or something tonight that gives him a look in!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I'm considering benching either one of Kane or Eriksen (him being the obvious choice) for Puncheon, madness or could this have some merit?

I know, I know... default to most expensive line up, just a thought for now, I don't see many goals for Spurs at OT and having two Spurs players is making me a little uneasy. Palace v QPR could be a goal fest or a 0-0 bore, tough to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,433 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Forgive the stupid question, but how do you check the top 1k and active teams etc??

On this website:
    http://http://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/dugout/

When you create an account/upload your fpl id you then go to:

fpl stats centre> fpl statistics

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Arbitrary wrote: »
    I'm considering benching either one of Kane or Eriksen (him being the obvious choice) for Puncheon, madness or could this have some merit?

I know, I know... default to most expensive line up, just a thought for now, I don't see many goals for Spurs at OT and having two Spurs players is making me a little uneasy. Palace v QPR could be a goal fest or a 0-0 bore, tough to call.

Could work you just have to ignore price and pick the player you think will score the most points.

I got tired of that headache and tried to make my team an obvious eleven each gameweek.

• Advertisement

Having a 5m+ keeper sitting on your bench every week is not a sensible distribution of funds you need to get as much value out of your budget as possible having unnecessary funds tied up on the bench is just putting yourself at a disadvantage vs most other players. If you have a look at the top teams this season it is no coincidence that the pool of GKs that are used is very small Foster, Krul, Panti make the majority of squads with Myhill, Hamer, Heaton making up the numbers.

100% agree in previous years I used to rotate medium priced keepers it never worked.

Because keepers get save points you are better off picking two goalkeepers from a defensive minded team like west brom at the moment. It is one less thing to worry about even if one gets injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

The 2 I need to dump are ADM and Jones. ADM is going for Silva this week. Don't think it's worth -4 to get rid of Jones. He has a home game (although it's against spurs), while his likely replacement, Alder, has an away game vs Chelsea.

Could work you just have to ignore price and pick the player you think will score the most points.

I got tired of that headache and tried to make my team an obvious eleven each gameweek.

Yeah I know. He's basically my cheap midfielder until I can sort that out. Having watched the united game my mind's made up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What's the story with woolschied? Is he badly injured?
    I have him, lescott Moreno mcshane and hutton, Hutton is red flagged who would you sell hi, for?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Advice needed!!

Current team:
    Foster | Myhill
    Terry | Rose | Bellerìn | Alderweireld | PVA
    Hazard | Cazorla | ADM | Eriksen | Siggy
    Kun | Kane | Austin

I guess it’s time to dump ADM (out of form + suspended next match).
    My question is whether to get silva now or a bench fodder (who?) and play Eriksen/Siggy this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Whatever about Eriksen, I wouldn't even think about benching Kane against United. He's on form and United are not so I'm not sure why you are even considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Whatever about Eriksen, I wouldn't even think about benching Kane against United. He's on form and United are not so I'm not sure why you are even considering it.

Agreed

I can see it being a 2-1 or 2-2 and Kane is by far Spurs most likely scorer.
    bezuaua wrote: »
    Advice needed!!

Current team:
    Foster | Myhill
    Terry | Rose | Bellerìn | Alderweireld | PVA
    Hazard | Cazorla | ADM | Eriksen | Siggy
    Kun | Kane | Austin

I guess it’s time to dump ADM (out of form + suspended next match).
    My question is whether to get silva now or a bench fodder (who?) and play Eriksen/Siggy this GW.

Get Silva in.

But but... it's 2 Spurs players in what should be a tough fixture on paper (it was a little over 12 hours ago). :)

United look like they're about ready to implode, I'll be starting both now most likely. Eriksen is the only real consideration, but my thinking was it might be an idea to have more coverage across other fixtures.

All out the window seeing how Arsenal dispatched them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

But but... it's 2 Spurs players in what should be a tough fixture on paper (it was a little over 12 hours ago). :)

United look like they're about ready to implode, I'll be starting both now most likely. Eriksen is the only real consideration, but my thinking was it might be an idea to have more coverage across other fixtures.

All out the window seeing how Arsenal dispatched them last night.

I actually fancy Eriksen to do something against United, he was really unlucky not to score against QPR, he ran the game 2nd half, hit the post with a great shot and had another one cleared off the line by Austin. He does tend to drift in and out of games though which is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I have him, lescott Moreno mcshane and hutton, Hutton is red flagged who would you sell hi, for?

Anyone

• Advertisement

I actually fancy Eriksen to do something against United, he was really unlucky not to score against QPR, he ran the game 2nd half, hit the post with a great shot and had another one cleared off the line by Austin. He does tend to drift in and out of games though which is annoying.

Yeah, that's the crux of it for me, Eriksen blows hot and cold between and during games. How he only managed 7 points in that DGW is amazing.

Puncheon was unlucky not to bag some points too, he's been looking very lively as of late, both of these factors fueled my idea. I think my mistake is owning a 5.6m player instead of bench fodder. :o

Anyone

Nothing out there yet. We'll probably have to wait for their next press conference to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

On the back of United's performance last night, I think I'm going to be happy to bank my transfer and let Eriksen show me what he can do against a piss poor United.

If I do anything it might be some window dressing on my cheap midfielder and defenders.

AdMMM wrote: »
    On the back of United's performance last night, I think I'm going to be happy to bank my transfer and let Eriksen show me what he can do against a piss poor United.

If I do anything it might be some window dressing on my cheap midfielder and defenders.

Eriksen was worth keeping for the next 4 GWs anyway I think. Can see him doing some serious damage to someone soon and those fixtures are tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I need some advice here please.

Foster, Myhill
    Terry, Bellerin, Clyne, Rose, Naughton
    Sanchez, Hazard, Silva, Elia, Boyd
    Aguero, Kane, Giroud

I have 2 FTs and 0.7 in the bank. I can't see any obvious transfers and I don't want to lose one. So I was thinking of something like Cork for Boyd and save 0.2 and then maybe change Elia to Puncheon.

Or is there somewhere else that needs work in the team?

John83 wrote: »
    I need some advice here please.

Foster, Myhill
    Terry, Bellerin, Clyne, Rose, Naughton
    Sanchez, Hazard, Silva, Elia, Boyd
    Aguero, Kane, Giroud

I have 2 FTs and 0.7 in the bank. I can't see any obvious transfers and I don't want to lose one. So I was thinking of something like Cork for Boyd and save 0.2 and then maybe change Elia to Puncheon.

Or is there somewhere else that needs work in the team?

Elia would be the one I would be looking at too. Brunt is another option STO, mun, QPR, LEI the next 4 for West Brom. He has been playing a little deeper the last few weeks but at that price I guess compromises have to be made!

If you fancy something a little less fashionable then look at Mahrez offers more threat than Punch and is also on set pieces HUL tot WHM the next three so fixtures are ok short term and has a DGW coming up and is only 4.9!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Elia would be the one I would be looking at too. Brunt is another option STO, mun, QPR, LEI the next 4 for West Brom. He has been playing a little deeper the last few weeks but at that price I guess compromises have to be made!

If you fancy something a little less fashionable then look at Mahrez offers more threat than Punch and is also on set pieces HUL tot WHM the next three so fixtures are ok short term and has a DGW coming up and is only 4.9!

Interesting. They're two I wouldn't have thought of.

I was also looking at a sideways move of Clyne to Bertrand. I had Bert before he got suspended and got Clyne in to cover. Now thinking of reverting but I think it might be a wasted transfer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

John83 wrote: »
    Interesting. They're two I wouldn't have thought of.

I was also looking at a sideways move of Clyne to Bertrand. I had Bert before he got suspended and got Clyne in to cover. Now thinking of reverting but I think it might be a wasted transfer really.

Depends what price you got Clyne at I think. At the current prices then better to do that move than let the transfer go. I would probably take a punt on Mahrez he has the potential to score well and who doesn't love a DGW and puts a little extra in the bank.

• Advertisement

If you transferring woolscheid out I would get dawson/wilson/schlupp

Advertisement