Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thinking Jones to Zouma. Will put more thought into it at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Still have 2 FT. I'm very happy of the way these last 2 GWs have turned out. Hopefully my 4 DGWers make this week an even better one.

Could replace Wollscheid depending on how serious his injury is.
    Could downgrade Cazorla to end the big front 8. And upgrade Austin. He does have decent fixtures. But I missed his 9 pts 2 GWs ago and don't want selection headaches for my front 7.

No rush though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

My plan was to upgrade Austin to Costa, but Stone Cold is so consistent that I might just keep him and use the money to upgrade the midfield instead. I could do with getting Sanchez back before he goes on a good run again. I might have already seen the best of Cazorla so I could swap him for Coutinho...hmmm lots to ponder I think I'll wait until after the weekend and well into next week as I have no financial worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

menoscemo wrote: »
    My plan was to upgrade Austin to Costa, but Stone Cold is so consistent that I might just keep him and use the money to upgrade the midfield instead. I could do with getting Sanchez back before he goes on a good run again. I might have already seen the best of Cazorla so I could swap him for Coutinho...hmmm lots to ponder I think I'll wait until after the weekend and well into next week as I have no financial worries.

Ill be keeping austin for at least the next 2 gws palace and Everton. They play Everton after Everton play in Ukraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

menoscemo wrote: »

I had the same plan, with the right amount in the bank to do it, I am thinking of baird to ivanovic now, also with Costa he is close to a ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I really want Silva but I'm not sure who to drop. I have Ozil, Sanchez, Eriksen, and Haz. Eriksen is the obvious one but I'd need to downgrade a defender to make up the extra cash monies. Could get rid of Sanchez but he did score last night. I still think Ozil, Sanchez, and Giroud is too many Arsenal attackers but they're chipping away so I dunno!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ideal plan.

Cazorla -> Silva (1 week too late) to end my reliance on Arsenal. Sanchez & Giroud are enough for now. Will see if Sanchez -> Ozil makes sense in a couple more GWs.

Then next GW Jones -> Alderweireld (though I'm afraid their price might change before that).

PvA may need sorting then & hopefully I don't need to free some cash from Walters who shall now be known as FUIB (fùcking useless Irish b@st@rd or fake useless irish birkenheader as you prefer :p) :mad:.

I really want Silva but I'm not sure who to drop. I have Ozil, Sanchez, Eriksen, and Haz. Eriksen is the obvious one but I'd need to downgrade a defender to make up the extra cash monies. Could get rid of Sanchez but he did score last night. I still think Ozil, Sanchez, and Giroud is too many Arsenal attackers but they're chipping away so I dunno!

Am in the same boat and I think you have to chop one of your Arsenal midfielder out. Not everyone agrees but I like to have a balanced team covering most of the big and/or performing teams. I never liked having 2 players from the same team on the same line. I'm not against doubling up but I prefer doing it with GK & def and mid & forward than with 2 defs or 2 mids. Only "acceptable" exceptions for me would be Saints-like situation this year (e.g. you could have one of their premium def Berty/Clyne/Fonte coupled with a cheap team-mate Alder when back in or Yoshida for the last month ; same with Chelsea Ivan/Terry + Zouma if he nails down his starting position) ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Walters to Cork done.

I now have £2.1 ITB so I can change to Toby and Ivanovic from Vertonghen +Dawson for GW30.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Won't be making any decisions until I see how my horse Eriksen does this weekend. I swapped Sterling out for him this week, so my plan is currently to get Sterling back in (or maybe even pivot over to Coutinho).

My defence is a bit of a worry for me with a non-starting PvA and a spluttering Cresswell being some cause for concern. I'm also doubled-down on Southampton with Bertrand and Clyne which worked out well this week, but leaves me stuck in no-man's land for GW29 with them playing Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ill be keeping austin for at least the next 2 gws palace and Everton. They play Everton after Everton play in Ukraine.

Austin for the next two weeks, move on to Sturridge then as Liverpool's run in is favourable from GW32. That's my plan anyways. Costa's double GW may change that though, but that's dependent on how far ahead Chelsea are in the league and if they're in the CL still also.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Tonight's team sheets have pushed Jones to the top of the queue. Will look at the options later, but it will be someone in the 4.5 and under bracket, who is a nailed on starter and rotates well with Wollscheid and PVA.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Let me know who it is because I have those two.

It may be a little dated now but this article summed the best cheap 3-way defensive rotations up. It started for GW23 though and worked 10 GWs out so only 4 remaining now.

With Stoke & Sunderland the best rotations were Swansea, WB, Newcastle & Villa. So I guess today we're looking at Naughton, Dawson, Coloccini & Hutton/Clark.

What I'd do in your position is have a look for every single GW until GW38 at which def I'd play between PvA & Wollscheid. For every week you'd be very unhappy of playing either, have a look at whom cheap def offers a much better fixture and then select the best compromise :cool:.

Personally I'm not sure I'll keep PvA if he only plays every second game though (I mean he's not gonna get an assist every time he comes in late).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

SantryRed wrote: »
    Austin for the next two weeks, move on to Sturridge then as Liverpool's run in is favourable from GW32. That's my plan anyways. Costa's double GW may change that though, but that's dependent on how far ahead Chelsea are in the league and if they're in the CL still also.

Liverpool will have a blank GW33 if they beat Blackburn

SantryRed wrote: »

Ye that's my plan sturridge from gw 32. I'm thinking of getting both Terry and ivan to go with hazard and not bother with Costa.

And more than likely a dgw 34. You could be saving yourself a -4 by having him on the bench for 33.

And more than likely a dgw 34. You could be saving yourself a -4 by having him on the bench for 33.

I'd rather have Costa and a Liverpool mid for DGW34

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Whats the best thing to do with a wildcard? Prepare a strong team for GW 33 and use the wildcard for GW 34?

I'd rather have Costa and a Liverpool mid for DGW34

Ill be having a good look at it after the fa cup this week and hopefully we know before next wk what dgw 34 games we have. My initial thoughts are 2 Che def and Haz and sturridge that I'll bench for 33. Depends what happens this weekend though.

Whats the best thing to do with a wildcard? Prepare a strong team for GW 33 and use the wildcard for GW 34?

Ye that's what I'd do

Ill be having a good look at it after the fa cup this week and hopefully we know before next wk what dgw 34 games we have. My initial thoughts are 2 Che def and Haz and sturridge that I'll bench for 33. Depends what happens this weekend though.

Terrivanovic could be a masterstroke but I'd be crapping myself without Costa for potentially DGW34+37 if ManU win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hopefully we'll be able to plan properly after the cup games. Really hoping we have a larger DGW to use it on!

It's early to tell since we don'k know who's gonna join Chelsea for a DGW34 and who's gonna blank GW33. But yeah that's what I'd do.

That's what I did for a huge DGW36 3 years ago. Jumped 25k up from 47k and ended the season inside top 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Ye that's what I'd do

So possibly have something like Aguero, Kane, Southampton def and possibly silva with the rest DGW from Liverpool, Chelsea and Asrenal and Charlie Austin, depending on how it works out?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

They'll be playing Gw33 so. Blackburn gonna win! :D

So possibly have something like Aguero, Kane, Southampton def and possibly silva with the rest DGW from Liverpool, Chelsea and Asrenal and Charlie Austin, depending on how it works out?

Ye something like that. The advantage for you is you can make short term transfers and have a strong eleven in 33 and then as many doubles as you want in 34. If there is 3 cancelled games in 33 that are refixed for 34 it should give you a big advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Yaya and Wasilewki to Silva and Ivanovic with 0.5 left in the bank. Bringing Toure back in straight after afcon is one of my worst decisions this season dunno how im still inside the top 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Anyone in the know have any idea if Zouma will start? (Or is that a tough call to make unless you're Mourinho?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone in the know have any idea if Zouma will start? (Or is that a tough call to make unless you're Mourinho?)

Started the last 4 home games seems Jose like him at home and Cahill away. Started at home to City so Jose clearly doesn't mind him against the tougher sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

thinking eriksen and cazorla out for Silva and someone cheaper. :) What price is hendo these days ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jimmii wrote: »
    Started the last 4 home games seems Jose like him at home and Cahill away. Started at home to City so Jose clearly doesn't mind him against the tougher sides.

Zouma started the last game in midfield to cover Matic.

Advertisement