Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jones to ivan. Slept on the idea of getting schlupp instead of ivan. I went with ivan as he has a good fixture next week and schlupp doesn't. I can see myself getting schlupp soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hi all,
    My team is-

Forster
    Clichy, Janmaat, Bertrand, Clyne, Bruce
    Sanchez, Ozil, Silva, Hazard, Philips
    Kane. Austin, Dzeko.
    Will play 3-5-3 & bench Clichy anyway.

I have £1.2 banked & 1 FT.
    Was thinking Dzeko -> Giroud or Welbeck or getting rid of Ozil for someone cheaper.

Any advice on who would be a better transfer in? Would Welbeck start over Giroud? Also unsure which other defender to bench...maybe Bruce though Southampton have Chelsea...
    Cheers

Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm not going to lie the urge to get Shlupp in is growing, and growing fast. I want Mahrez at some point too though :D

please don't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi all,
    My team is-

Forster
    Clichy, Janmaat, Bertrand, Clyne, Bruce
    Sanchez, Ozil, Silva, Hazard, Philips
    Kane. Austin, Dzeko.
    Will play 3-5-3 & bench Clichy anyway.

I have £1.2 banked & 1 FT.
    Was thinking Dzeko -> Giroud or Welbeck or getting rid of Ozil for someone cheaper.

Any advice on who would be a better transfer in? Would Welbeck start over Giroud? Also unsure which other defender to bench...maybe Bruce though Southampton have Chelsea...
    Cheers
    you know you can't play 353 right ?
    assume it was just a typo but said I'd say it just in case as it may affect your transfer thoughts
    anyway you have a LOT tied up in defence and no aguero. with city's fixtures thats a priority over next 2 weeks. downgrade Clichy for certain , one of Bertie or clyne and/or one of Sanchez ozil!
    I guess the easier way to raise the cash is to downgrade Sanchez but not this week........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

km79 wrote: »
    you know you can't play 353 right ?
    assume it was just a typo but said I'd say it just in case as it may affect your transfer thoughts
    anyway you have a LOT tied up in defence and no aguero. with city's fixtures thats a priority over next 2 weeks. downgrade Clichy for certain , one of Bertie or clyne and/or one of Sanchez ozil!
    I guess the easier way to raise the cash is to downgrade Sanchez but not this week........

Yeah typo! Sorry meant 3-4-3. I'd like Aguero alright, just settled with Dzeko the other week.

I might tinker around & maybe take a -4 this week. Clichy is a waste & Dzeko also not guaranteed really now that Bony is getting game time.

Thanks for your reply, good to have an outside perspective!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jimmii wrote:
    You can pick any defender you want at £5.5m or less and we can bet on who will score the most points over the rest of the season. Willing to do up to €500 for this horrible player that's like free money for you sure! PM me if you're interested and we'll see if we can sort out an escrow.

If Zouma starts every game, (unlikely but possible) I'd expect him to outscore Schlupp.
    (I'm not putting money on it though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jimmii wrote: »
    How much money do you have, how many free transfers do you have and do you have your WC? Have suggested Wolly>Schlupp a load this week so will throw it in again!

Have a 1 free transfer ans 1,million in bank

a lecister player?? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    If Zouma starts every game, (unlikely but possible) I'd expect him to outscore Schlupp.
    (I'm not putting money on it though!)

Yeah if he started every game I would expect him to as well. Presumably he won't though. He's a great player in UFPL wish I had him there!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have a 1 free transfer ans 1,million in bank

a lecister player?? Why?

Extra fixture and good fixtures, oop, good underlying stats, 4.5m. He's unlikely to set the world on fire but he is should prove good value over the remainder of the season.

Extra fixture and good fixtures, oop, good underlying stats, 4.5m. He's unlikely to set the world on fire but he is should prove good value over the remainder of the season.

Extra fixture this week? Against who

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Extra fixture this week? Against who

If only! Assuming you are making transfers for the rest of the season at this stage if you are looking short term then someone like Lescott or Dawson is worth looking at.

If only! Assuming you are making transfers for the rest of the season at this stage if you are looking short term then someone like Lescott or Dawson is worth looking at.

I might swap mcshane for him next week when ive 2 ft's or even hutton this week but i think ill keep wolly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

used my f/t to get in Myhill, nothing else was jumping out and at least if Foster gets dropped i'm covered

manual_man wrote: »
    used my f/t to get in Myhill, nothing else was jumping out and at least if Foster gets dropped i'm covered

I have Foster and Myhill too I have liked not having to make a GK decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Heaton to?
    Begovic, Krul and Foster only ones tempting me at the moment. I'll get Pantil in only he has a blank in GW33.

Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads no betting amongst yourselves, be it cash or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Foster though I think WB have a very tough end of season...

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads no betting amongst yourselves, be it cash or otherwise.

Boo! Ok will keep note of that apologies.

iroced wrote: »

Yeh mainly relying on save points if he averages over 3.5 for the remainder of the season I will be happy with that for <9m outlay on GKs.

No risk of him being dropped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

How cheap do you need to go? Mahrez looks pretty attacking for £4.9m over the last four games Sterling is the only mid to have more shots in the box than him.

I'm not sure...

Well made some projections. If I go
    Austin -> Sturridge
    Rose -> Azpi
    Yoshida -> Alder
    which is roughly my overall planning (could save a few bucks on Zouma but not sure he's guaranteed)
    I have £4.3m left when I sell Cazorla. So I guess it answers your question. Now Cork or Ameobi? Cork currently seems more nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

richieffff wrote: »
    No risk of him being dropped?
    Why would he be dropped? I have Myhill to cover anyway but he seems pretty safe doesn't he?

Neoulous wrote: »
    I'm not sure...

Well made some projections. If I go
    Austin -> Sturridge
    Rose -> Azpi
    Yoshida -> Alder
    which is roughly my overall planning (could save a few bucks on Zouma but not sure he's guaranteed)
    I have £4.3m left when I sell Cazorla. So I guess it answers your question. Now Cork or Ameobi? Cork currently seems more nailed on.

Yeah best go with Cork and hope you don't need him much!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Yeah best go with Cork and hope you don't need him much!
    That's what I did seconds before the deadline (didn't realise it was that close :eek: :P).

Have £6.7m in bank now so can upgrade anywhere if needed. 2 FT too :cool:. Now hopefully Cazorla stays as deep as he is since Ozil & Sanchez returned.

Will see if Sturridge or Sterling are "needed" before GW32. May focus on my defence and have a look at all the possible permutations around GW33-34/37 too. In that regards, Swansea have a safe GW33 fixture and a nice enough one too (Leicester away). So hopefully Cork can remembers his GW27 output :D.

Why would he be dropped? I have Myhill to cover anyway but he seems pretty safe doesn't he?

For some reason I had it in my head he had a terrible game there recently, went with him anyway. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

For some reason I had it in my head he had a terrible game there recently, went with him anyway. Thanks for the help

He had a bad game against Villa in the league but I don't think Pulis would drop him based on that.

He had a bad game against Villa in the league but I don't think Pulis would drop him based on that.

Ah that must've been it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ah that must've been it

He also didnt start in the cup game

Advertisement