Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Eriksen and Hutton out for Hazard and Toby for a -4. Might do it tonight as have no spare change to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Drop Clichy (5.6million) for ..... any suggestions?

No extra funds but could drop Heaton(4.6million) to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm a bit undecided after watching today's game. I got in Eriksen for Sterling for the DGW and was planning on shipping him back out again but he really impressed me today and it's quite frankly a miracle that he didn't come away with a goal or an assist. I do want Liverpool cover but I don't really know who to go for. At least with Spurs cover, you know that Eriksen is going to be creating most of the chances whereas with Liverpool, it could be anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    Zouma started the last game in midfield to cover Matic.

Yeh didn't include away to west ham inmy comment due to that. He's been starting home games in defence for a while.

I'm holding Eriksen nice little run of fixtures after united and even united isn't the worst these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Thoughts on this team going forward lads please. The title is beyond me at this stage in my main league but there's about 10 points separating 5 of my main rivals including myself. Not many have Sturridge or countinho. Not sure of either or both. Anyway here it is, .3 in the bank

Forster, Foster
    Terry, Dawson, Bellerin, PVA, naughton
    Sanchez, Hazard, puncheon, Boyd, countinho
    Kane Sturridge aguero

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Thoughts on this team going forward lads please. The title is beyond me at this stage in my main league but there's about 10 points separating 5 of my main rivals including myself. Not many have Sturridge or countinho. Not sure of either or both. Anyway here it is, .3 in the bank

Forster, Foster
    Terry, Dawson, Bellerin, PVA, naughton
    Sanchez, Hazard, puncheon, Boyd, countinho
    Kane Sturridge aguero

Cheers

I would sway terry to zouma. very strong back 5
    coutinho quality player love him but from ff sterling lot better or even hendo great form. Even to silva or someone
    Then maybe punch to mane maybe?done over 2/3 gw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Might bank my transfer for this week...

1FT and 0.5m in the bank

d038fd690e873e6abd73799ef15bd9bb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have enough to do Eriksen to Silva. But like people have said Eriksen looks due a haul and has good fixtures. Meanwhile Silva is killing me a bit, but I have an uncanny knack of getting him in just after a run of big scores, then holding through 3 or 4 weeks of blanks and selling before he fires again. Not sure what to do.

Can't really fit both of them with my costly forward line. Current front 7 is....

Hazard, Sanchez, Eriksen, Puncheon
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Have enough to do Eriksen to Silva. But like people have said Eriksen looks due a haul and has good fixtures. Meanwhile Silva is killing me a bit, but I have an uncanny knack of getting him in just after a run of big scores, then holding through 3 or 4 weeks of blanks and selling before he fires again. Not sure what to do.

Can't really fit both of them with my costly forward line. Current front 7 is....

Hazard, Sanchez, Eriksen, Puncheon
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane

Silva is doing my head in, he could be over 80% ownership in the top 1k next GW. I really want to bank the transfer to weigh Costa options the following week.

• Advertisement

Had planned to take Giroud out, but he is performing nicely. Midfield (Haz Sterling Sanchez Silva) doing the same. Will hold off for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Anyone got any advice for a team in free fall? 17,000 to 38,000 in 6 weeks.

Panti
    PVA, Bertie, Bellerin, Dawson, Hutton
    Sanchez, Coutinho, Hazard, Yaya, Albrighton
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane

Everyone seems to have both Silva and Eriksen. Is it worth a - 4 to get them both in for Yaya and Couthino?? It would mean I'd just hold position though as opposed to making ground? At a loss as for what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

G1032 wrote: »

Panti
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane

Everyone seems to have both Silva and Eriksen. Is it worth a - 4 to get them both in for Yaya and Couthino?? It would mean I'd just hold position though as opposed to making ground? At a loss as for what to do

Don't panic! When I went into freefall from 25k or so, I panicked and started trying to predict who was gonna do good in the next GW in an effort to gain back points. Terrible move. Really put into freefall! I've regrouped and stopped making transfers the last couple of weeks and I've started doing much better.

If I were you, Yaya and Coutinho would have to go. I actually have Eriksen but I might sell him this week cos I'm still not sure whether to ditch Ozil or Sanchez. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Any advice on current team

Foster (Guzan)
    Terry Ivanovic Dawson (Wasi Cameron)
    Cazorla Silva Hazard Chadli (Walters)
    Kane Ings Aguero

I have two FTs and 2.6 in the bank

My first thought is Walters --> Hendo

Want to get Cameron or Wasi out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Might bank my transfer for this week...

1FT and 0.5m in the bank

d038fd690e873e6abd73799ef15bd9bb.png

I'd be tempted to play PVA over Bertrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have same 5 defs and will be playing PVA, Terry and Bellerin. Wolly first sub.

PVA for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going to bank it so I'll have 2 FT's next gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Panti
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane

I'd ditch Yaya, not the beast he was last season, get Silva instead, bank the change to put towards a Chelsea defender with dgw in mind.Eriksen is not on form whereas Couthino has racked up some nice scores lately and has no Europa league to disrupt his gametime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Panti
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane

I'd definitely do Yaya -> Silva. Cheaper and a lot more on form. Yaya still seems to be under AFCON long awaited title contrecoup.

I'd keep Coutinho for now (at least I'd definitely not take a 4 pts hit for Eriksen now). He's been on good form lately.

The rest of your team looks very strong. I guess you've been hit by a couple of failed punts and bad captain choices but with such a team, I'd say you definitely have a chance of a strong finish.

Now, will it be enough to win your private league? I have no idea. Don't know the team of your main rival. But don't underestimate the points you can make up with a good captain.

In the end, it all depends on your main objective now. Try everything to catch your rival and go for differentials? Or forget about this league, assume it's lost and focus on your team trying to get the highest overall finish possible. And you never know, your rival may have a dry spell and a couple of dreadful GWs from him associated with a couple of great ones on your side and suddenly you could be back in contention ;).
    Any advice on current team

Foster (Guzan)
    Terry Ivanovic Dawson (Wasi Cameron)
    Cazorla Silva Hazard Chadli (Walters)
    Kane Ings Aguero

I have two FTs and 2.6 in the bank

My first thought is Walters --> Hendo

Want to get Cameron or Wasi out aswell.

I'm not a man of the strong front 8 so would not do Walters -> Henderson unless you plan on downgrading Ings or Chadli.

I'd not be happy with 2 Chelsea def. If Costa gets back to his glorious start of season form you'd need 2 transfers at least to get him in. I'd rather have a Saints def associated with either Terry or Ivanovic.

Maybe Wilson (Stoke) is a better pick than Cameron. £4.3m only. Though I don't know if he's nailed on or if he's playing in Shawcross' absence. I presume you plan on playing Terrivanovic every week so you have to find the best 3-way rotation between the other 3. Again, it's getting a bit old now but I'll lead you to this great article from FFS (only 4 GWs left out of the 10 in their analysis and now replace Wisdom by Dawson but it's a great starting point ;)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ozil or Sanchez for the rest if the season? I took Sanchez out for eriksen last week so out of stubbornness I might go with Ozil. That and Ozil has a great home record

Would be taking out puncheon for him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ozil was unlucky not to get a decent score the gameweek just gone.
    Each game he is coming into his own.

I have both, but I think Ozil's assists and goal threat which he has added as of late, combined with the fact that he is a bit cheaper than Sanchez makes him more appealing.

Mind you, when Sanchez is on par, he is like having another striker in your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Don't panic! When I went into freefall from 25k or so, I panicked and started trying to predict who was gonna do good in the next GW in an effort to gain back points. Terrible move. Really put into freefall! I've regrouped and stopped making transfers the last couple of weeks and I've started doing much better.

If I were you, Yaya and Coutinho would have to go. I actually have Eriksen but I might sell him this week cos I'm still not sure whether to ditch Ozil or Sanchez. :cool:
    Invincible wrote: »
    I'd ditch Yaya, not the beast he was last season, get Silva instead, bank the change to put towards a Chelsea defender with dgw in mind.Eriksen is not on form whereas Couthino has racked up some nice scores lately and has no Europa league to disrupt his gametime now.
    iroced wrote: »
    I'd definitely do Yaya -> Silva. Cheaper and a lot more on form. Yaya still seems to be under AFCON long awaited title contrecoup.

I'd keep Coutinho for now (at least I'd definitely not take a 4 pts hit for Eriksen now). He's been on good form lately.

The rest of your team looks very strong. I guess you've been hit by a couple of failed punts and bad captain choices but with such a team, I'd say you definitely have a chance of a strong finish.

Now, will it be enough to win your private league? I have no idea. Don't know the team of your main rival. But don't underestimate the points you can make up with a good captain.

In the end, it all depends on your main objective now. Try everything to catch your rival and go for differentials? Or forget about this league, assume it's lost and focus on your team trying to get the highest overall finish possible. And you never know, your rival may have a dry spell and a couple of dreadful GWs from him associated with a couple of great ones on your side and suddenly you could be back in contention ;).

Thanks all for the replies.
    Yaya out so is the priority for this week. He was a punt that went badly wrong and you're all right.....it's time to cut my losses and ditch him.

I'm going to treat that main ML as lost. If i go chasing down that 86 point lead it will end up in a total mess. I'll just play the season out as if I was back in top 20,000 or whatever and see where it gets me. There is still the FSA Premier League to try and get promoted to!! And the Champions Cup last 16:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ozil was unlucky not to get a decent score the gameweek just gone.
    Each game he is coming into his own.

I have both, but I think Ozil's assists and goal threat which he has added as of late, combined with the fact that he is a bit cheaper than Sanchez makes him more appealing.

Mind you, when Sanchez is on par, he is like having another striker in your team.

Ok for simplicity I think I will ignore your last sentence and go for ozil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

How does liverpools draw affect FPL?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How does liverpools draw affect FPL?

It doesn't.
    Extra cup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

F1ngers wrote: »
    It doesn't.
    Extra cup game.

No scouser double game week now though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No scouser double game week now though?

They have to beat Rovers, GW33 will be a blank for them and will have to be rescheduled.
    Then they will have a DGW.
    Same with Utd or Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

sterling out Silva in was done before price rise
    I'll probabky leave it at that assuming wolscheild and benteke are OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Anyone see the Skrtel injury today? It'd be mad annoying if it's serious. I only just bought the fecker last week!

Advertisement