Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Ok an unusual request but I'm looking to locate a debobbler (a device that remove fluff balls from jumpers and the like) Argos and home focus online didn't have them any ideas other than using sellotape or vaccum cleaners please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Buddy74 wrote: »
    Ok an unusual request but I'm looking to locate a debobbler (a device that remove fluff balls from jumpers and the like) Argos and home focus online didn't have them any ideas other than using sellotape or vaccum cleaners please and thanks

disposable razors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Buddy74 wrote: »

Woodies used to sell those 'as seen on TV' ones, think they were called the Bobble-off or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Anybody got any recommendations for a good second hand book shop in Galway or not too far from city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anybody got any recommendations for a good second hand book shop in Galway or not too far from city?

Charlie Byrne, Corn Store, Middle Street

http://charliebyrne.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Charlie Byrne, Corn Store, Middle Street

http://charliebyrne.com/

Looks great thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for best value to rent a van for a day or two please? Big enough to fit a 3 piece suite of furniture in.
    Thanks,
    Patrick

The few times I have had to do this Enterprise had the best deals.
    www.enterprise.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭tmh106

As already mentioned Charlie Byrnes. But also, there is a secondhand book/music shop at the Old Crane (beside the Crane Bar. It's a lot less organised than Charlie Byrnes and you have to do a lot of browsing to find something you might want there. But I've got some great bargains there. It's good if you want somewhere to spend a few aimless hours - I like doing that sort if thing in bookshops.

tmh

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

tmh106 wrote: »
    As already mentioned Charlie Byrnes. But also, there is a secondhand book/music shop at the Old Crane (beside the Crane Bar. It's a lot less organised than Charlie Byrnes and you have to do a lot of browsing to find something you might want there. But I've got some great bargains there. It's good if you want somewhere to spend a few aimless hours - I like doing that sort if thing in bookshops.

tmh

There's also a secondhand bookshop on lower abbeygate street - it's been there since I was a kid. Looks a bit run down and dingy so it can be easy to miss it, but might be worth sticking your nose in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I am looking to get a cheap yet somewhat comfortable chair. I managed to get a desk in the curiosity shop and went back to get a chair but it was gone :( My current chair is slowly but surely killing me and after about 30 minutes of sitting I feel as if my back has been run over by a truck. I am down in the Roisin Dubh area of town and would ideally carry it home. So if any of ye beautiful people see one pop up around town or indeed want to get rid of one :) let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

Hello,
    Im looking for an interior decorator who could assist with the interior design of a new build

thebackbar wrote: »
    Hello,
    Im looking for an interior decorator who could assist with the interior design of a new build

A couple of the people who work in La Maison Chic (on Lower Abbeygate Street) are interior designers - I think they have written articles on interior design for one of the Galway social and personal type magazine. Based on the price of things in the shop they won't be cheap, but on the other hand they do have gorgeous stuff (i.e. great taste, or at least taste that I agree with ;-) )

They have a website, but I can't post it because, after months of being on here, I'm still a new user, apparently ;-) Google it.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

Hi, I am looking to buy foam, I need a large thick piece, its to make a headboard, does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for a soft sanding block, for sanding a curved area (using my own wet dry sandpaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Hi,

I'm moving in to my house at the weekend in Newcastle. I'm looking for the best value and service in Home heating oil, refuse collection and gas cylinders.

I was in apartments up to now hence my ignorance of these items

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

McTigs wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm moving in to my house at the weekend in Newcastle. I'm looking for the best value and service in Homearrow-10x10.png heating oil, refuse collection and gas cylinders.

I was in apartments up to now hence my ignorancearrow-10x10.png of these items

I use claddagh oil for my heating oil always found them to be good & City bin for my refuse collection.

McTigs wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm moving in to my house at the weekend in Newcastle. I'm looking for the best value and service in Home heating oil, refuse collection and gas cylinders.

I used Galway Oil for years. They are now Top, but I still use them. Not sure if they are the cheapest, because even though I know I should, I don't ring around to get the best price.

Second the vote for City Bin. Have used them since they started, and at that time they were definitely the cheapest in Galway (wasn't much competition, mind). But apart from price, they provide a really reliable and professional service IMO.

Regarding Gas cylinders, I pay €30 (with a return) at the Centra on the Dublin Rd. Don't know if that is the best price, so if anyone knows of a better price in the city I'd really like to know.

Jim

I'm looking for Garlic Sauce, just like you put onto a kebab in a takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

tmh106 wrote: »
    I sued Galway Oil for years. They are now Top, but I still sue them. Not sure if they are the cheapest, because even though I know I should, I don't ring around to get the best price.

Second the vote for City Bin. Have used them since they started, and at that time they were definitely the cheapest in Galway (wasn't much competition, mind). But apart from price, they provide a really reliable and professional service IMO.

Regarding Gas cylinders, I pay €30 (with a return) at the Centra on the Dublin Rd. Don't know if that is teh best price, so if anyone knows of a better price in the city I'd really like to know.

Jim

I think you may have a typo in the above post

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

JohnCleary wrote: »

Pretty sure I saw this in Aroma, westside (end of the row of shops (aldi, mr price etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've seen what I think is this in Heaney Meats factory shop is Liosbaun Ind Est, haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nikita28

I'm looking for shops with bridesmaides and evening dresses... Galway and around, Headford, Tuam, Athenry, Ornamore etc... Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty sure I saw this in Aroma, westside (end of the row of shops (aldi, mr price etc.)

The Food Center on the Tuam Rd also sell catering bottles of mayo/garlic sauce/mint sauce/etc.

J o e wrote: »
    I've seen what I think is this in Heaney Meats factory shop is Liosbaun Ind Est, haven't tried it myself.

Got it in Feerick's Butchers, opp. AIB Newcastle... of all places!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭jkforde

structural engineer for a report on a second-hand house just bought, first-hand recommendations via IM would be great, thanks in advance

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

What's the best place in Galway to get 90w gear oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lolly86

Cheap balloons for party's anyone know where does the best deal ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The euro shop or whatever it's called on Eglinton St opposite Great Outdoors.

I think there's another beside Tí Coili.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lolly86 wrote: »
    Cheap balloons for party's anyone know where does the best deal ??
    http://www.dealz.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=balloons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I thought this was asked before, but I couldn't find it...anyone know where to get white vinegar (for cleaning purposes) in a fairly large bottle? I don't want to have to buy small quantities of distilled vinegar - too costly.

Advertisement