Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eeden wrote: »
    I thought this was asked before, but I couldn't find it...anyone know where to get white vinegar (for cleaning purposes) in a fairly large bottle? I don't want to have to buy small quantities of distilled vinegar - too costly.
    Do a search in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

snubbleste wrote: »
    Do a search in this forum.

I had tried that, but for some reason couldn't find it the first time. Got it now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Eeden wrote: »
    I thought this was asked before, but I couldn't find it...anyone know where to get white vinegar (for cleaning purposes) in a fairly large bottle? I don't want to have to buy small quantities of distilled vinegar - too costly.

I think I remember someone posting that you could buy large bottles, maybe 2l or 5l, in a foreign food shop near Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, in the shop next to Aldi and the post office Westside.
    I usually get 5L for 7 euro or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Looking for cheapest place to get numbers and name printed onto a kids football Jersey.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for cheapest place to get numbers and name printed onto a kids football Jersey.
    Thanks

Anchor Safety in Briarhill have a printing service for garments and will do single items. A friend of mine had names printed on jerseys for her sons before Christmas. Dunno what cost is though, I'm sure you could ring and see. Advertees in Ballybane is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

My wife is looking for a dress to wear to a wedding in a few months. Anyone recommend any good boutiques in Galway?

Thanks.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sardino

Where can I get jalapeños? Don't stock them in my local veg shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sardino wrote: »

You can get them in jars pretty much everywhere. Only place i know that would stock them fresh is Aldi. They have packs of chilies, u norm get around 5 different ones. Just find the one with the jalapeños

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone know if I can get sparklers like these in Galway?

https://www.sentinelha.org.uk/images/shutterstock_144977689.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Sardino wrote: »

All dunnes stores have them in the aisles with fajitas etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

b.gud wrote: »

Easy enough to find in the euro shops when Halloween is coming up; not so much this time of the year. Maybe try It's Magic in the Eyre Square Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

Anyone know if I can get sparklers like these in Galway?/QUOTE]

Mr Price Westside. Medium or Large :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Looking for recommendations for a decent electrician who could come after 7pm weekdays or during the weekend, to fix a kitchen and bathroom extractor fan. Preferably someone who doesn't charge a fortune just to step inside the front door. Got stung for €75 once when I got someone in who basically took one look and said, "Yeah... You'll have to replace that", and then left.

PM's offering services welcome. I'm all about creating a potentially long-term positive relationship with local professionals. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Delicia wrote: »

Mr Price Westside. Medium or Large :)

Thanks got them there this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

For electrical components I always shop in Costello and Gibbons but now I need a few small plumbing/heating parts. Is there any place in Galway that is as reasonably priced when it comes to plumbing needs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

O'Higgins, Shantalla Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Thank you snubbleste

bagels wrote: »
    For electrical components I always shop in Costello and Gibbons ...

Where are they located? Never heard of them before your post. Thanks.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

tmh106 wrote: »
    Where are they located? Never heard of them before your post. Thanks.

tmh

They are now called P.B. Gibbons electrical. The shop is in the town park center on the tuam road .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

Anybody know if market down by st by Nicholas would be open today?

sonandheir wrote: »
    Anybody know if market down by st by Nicholas would be open today?

I'm, not sure about yesterday, but it was open on Monday. Apparently there is always a market on a public holiday Monday (and yes, I know in this case, Monday was not the holiday.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Which Dunnes in Galway does Paul Costelloe Communion Stuff?

I know Limerick only have 1 Dunnes out of 4 so Galway is maybe the same. I'm working in Galway tomorrow so any of the Dunnes around the city will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Beer Baron wrote: »

I know Limerick only have 1 Dunnes out of 4 so Galway is maybe the same. I'm working in Galway tomorrow so any of the Dunnes around the city will do.

The Dunnes in Knocknacarra near B and Q had that range last year (haven't checked this year but assume it's the same).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Dunnes in Knocknacarra near B and Q had that range last year (haven't checked this year but assume it's the same).

That, Terryland or Briarhill would have been my choices with Knocknacarra being checked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Beer Baron wrote: »

I definitely saw the Communion dresses etc. in the Dunnes Stores in Knocknacarra a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nyahoi

Anyone know where I might be able to get a wooden box made up with custom measurements? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Woodcut.ie, in Liosban industrial estate, cut parts for me before. I think they'd make it up too if you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

Anybody know anywhere in Galway that can fix a ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Try TechStar down by the docks...heard they were brillant

Advertisement