Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Start Foster or Krul? On Krul at the moment but Newcastle's defence was so bad last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

iroced wrote: »
    Coming back to Lucas, maybe a short-term punt on the cheap Stoke mids...

There's so many of them to choose from though.
    Apparently, Stephen Ireland had a very good game against Villa. But has he worked his way into the starting 11? Could be a fantastic punt at only 4.7. 3 home games in the next 4 as well.

spock. wrote: »
    Start Foster or Krul? On Krul at the moment but Newcastle's defence was so bad last week.
    I've got the same keeper combination. I've gone with Krul also. Villa have scored 13 (yes, thirteen) goals all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've got the same keeper combination. I've gone with Krul also. Villa have scored 13 (yes, thirteen) goals all season.

Yes they have, but now they have a new manager, who might get the goals flowing, so wouldn't be too confident in Krul keeping a CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Coming back to Lucas, maybe a short-term punt on the cheap Stoke mids...

Would you consider a Villa mid instead? Gil or Sinclair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So you went for a short term punt?

Would you reckon he's the best replacement for Lucas for a short-term punt too? If Ameobi was guaranteed to play I'd jump o him but...
    I have to admit I don't know what to do with my Baird-Lucas combo...
    I'd like to keep the possibility to get Costa/Sturridge for Giroud if needs be. In the same time I don't want to sacrifice this GW.

No I currently have a strong front 8 so I need to free up a bit of cash. I plan to keep walters as I know he will defo have a gw 33 home to southampton. Im looking at adm to siggy and then ings to a big hitter over the next couple of weeks. Siggy will also have a gw 33 away to leicester.
    Hazard silva adm sanchez walters
    ings aguero kane
    Ireland 4.7 might suit you. Walters was CF last week though

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yes they have, but now they have a new manager, who might get the goals flowing, so wouldn't be too confident in Krul keeping a CS.

Good point. It's a perfect opportunity for previously out of favour players to make an impression on the new manager.

It's a real tough choice.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dempsey wrote: »
    Stick with Walcott or get Cazorla?

Walcott is not guaranteed starter yet, Cazorla, but I have him in weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I might go with Foster actually as most of my rivals have him. And because I have a tenner on a 0-0 draw between WBA and Southampton :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Invincible wrote: »
    Walcott is not guaranteed starter yet, Cazorla, but I have him in weeks :)

Feck you :D

I still remember the moment I decided Walcott!

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Feck you :D

I still remember the moment I decided Walcott!

I wouldnt take out walcott this week he has a good chance of starting

I wouldnt take out walcott this week he has a good chance of starting

Who would you start him ahead of Bust's?
    Giroud

Invincible wrote: »
    Who would you start him ahead of Bust's?
    Giroud

I think he could start instead of wellbeck or to a lesser extent giroud. I wouldnt bring in walcott but if anyone has him this isnt the week to sell him.

I think he could start instead of wellbeck or to a lesser extent giroud. I wouldnt bring in walcott but if anyone has him this isnt the week to sell him.

True, unless they had a definite 10 togged out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Torn as to whether I'd prefer Sturridge or Austin for next week, which affects my transfer decision this week.

I know there was discussion about whether Studge will start both Sunday and Wed, which is making me doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Good point. It's a perfect opportunity for previously out of favour players to make an impression on the new manager.

It's a real tough choice.:(
    Ah ****e... I had just bought Coloccini in for this very fixture...
    Would you consider a Villa mid instead? Gil or Sinclair...
    Was gonna say no since they only scored 13 goals in 26 games so far :eek:! 1 goal every second game!
    But the above has me wondering now... Though I think I'll go the Stoke way...
    No I currently have a strong front 8 so I need to free up a bit of cash. I plan to keep walters as I know he will defo have a gw 33 home to southampton. Im looking at adm to siggy and then ings to a big hitter over the next couple of weeks. Siggy will also have a gw 33 away to leicester.
    Hazard silva adm sanchez walters
    ings aguero kane
    Ireland 4.7 might suit you. Walters was CF last week though
    ... Busts points are convincingly good. The ADM -> Siggy switch was in my mind for a long time (hopefully he stays quiet this week-end so people aren't tempted to bring him in too early (for me)) with notably GW33 in mind. Stoke having a nice fixture too for GW33 and this one will probably gain my vote ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ameobi isn't going to play is he?

Who to bring in that doesn't cost too much more and gives me a better 5th mid option going forward and also excites.

I don't know what I'll do but I've got 2 transfers so need to use it.

Ameobi isn't going to play is he?

Who to bring in that doesn't cost too much more and gives me a better 5th mid option going forward and also excites.

I don't know what I'll do but I've got 2 transfers so need to use it.
    If he was he'll be straight in my team.

Looks like we're in the same boat. What do you think of the Stoke mids? Too dear for you?

If he was he'll be straight in my team.

Looks like we're in the same boat. What do you think of the Stoke mids? Too dear for you?

I've got doubts over PVA, Bellerin and Hutton at the back. Along with Walcott too but I got Ameobi in the WC specifically for this GW but he went and got dropped so I need somebody who will play.

I'd look at Ireland maybe but he's too risky. I really don't know but I'm a poor man this season so the cheaper the better.

Probably wait until the morning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Somehow I'm going into this GW with a strongly depleted team. I've been careless lately :o...

Zouma, Hazard, Eriksen, Kane & Austin blanks...
    I guess it makes no sense to transfer out any of the last 3. Ditto Hazard. I'm not losing anything with its £0.1m drop tonight.
    So it's Zouma I'll have to part ways with for an unusual 5-3-1 formation :rolleyes:...

Current defence is
    Pulis
    Jones Bellerin Yoshida PvA

Who would you guys get in?

I'm thinking Newcastle, Swansea or Stoke. Or WH maybe? Have £2.1m in bank. Ideally I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone by getting a cheap defender for rotating with PvA and another one I'll get later for Jones. Yoshida being replaced by either Bertrand or Alder depending on funds. I could also get Bertrand now and double on Saints but I'm not happy with that and also I'd be stuck with Berty so if funds get tight that'd be another transfer to deal with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster
    Bertrand-Jones-PVA-Bellerin
    Sanchez-Cazorla-Boyd-Silva
    Aguero-Defoe

myhill-hazard-terry-kane
    0.3 itb

Might ship Defoe before the deadline and my current candidates are:

Dame N'doye
    Sakho (West Ham)

Any feedback appreciated

I've got doubts over PVA, Bellerin and Hutton at the back. Along with Walcott too but I got Ameobi in the WC specifically for this GW but he went and got dropped so I need somebody who will play.

I'd look at Ireland maybe but he's too risky. I really don't know but I'm a poor man this season so the cheaper the better.

Ah right... Your team's in a mess :p...

Though.
    Bellerin played in the CL. He could start again. Why didn't he play last week-end already? Little injury wasn't it?
    Poyet hinted PvA could claim his spot back.
    Hutton I don't know.
    Walcott should feature, at least from the bench.

Now if you want to swap Ameobi. Can't you stretch £0.6m to Walters or £0.5m to Moses. I'd not trust Ireland though I have to admit I don't really know him.
    And if you want to stay cheap at the back you could get a cheap def fitting a 3-way rotation if it's what you're doing... I can post again the FFS link towards the best cheap 3-way rotations => http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/01/30/best-defensive-three-way-rotations/ though it's a bit of a past history now but you could well adapt it to the more popular current picks (e.g. Dawson instead of Wisdom at WB).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

KevIRL wrote: »
    Zouma to playing defender. Will give me 12 players with games this GW. However doubts over bellerin, Walcott and ameobi means I will still do well to have 11 starters

I'm doing the exact same for the same reasons leaving me 12 but my doubts are Bellerin, Walcott, PVA and Hutton. I'm leaning towards Dawson and doubling up on West Brom (Foster).

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Foster
    Aguero-Defoe

myhill-hazard-terry-kane
    0.3 itb

Dame N'doye
    Sakho (West Ham)

Any feedback appreciated

Am looking for a replacement for austin this week to field 11 and considering papis cisse. Sakho looks good for this wk but they have chelsea and arsenal after that

Foster
    Aguero-Defoe

myhill-hazard-terry-kane
    0.3 itb

Dame N'doye
    Sakho (West Ham)

Any feedback appreciated

Wouldn't you rather keep your transfer for next week to take advanatge of the DGW since you can already field a very decent XI ?

Or get someone more guaranteed to start than PvA?

Ah right... Your team's in a mess :p...

Though.
    Bellerin played in the CL. He could start again. Why didn't he play last week-end already? Little injury wasn't it?
    Poyet hinted PvA could claim his spot back.
    Hutton I don't know.
    Walcott should feature, at least from the bench.

Now if you want to swap Ameobi. Can't you stretch £0.6m to Walters or £0.5m to Moses. I'd not trust Ireland though I have to admit I don't really know him.
    And if you want to stay cheap at the back you could get a cheap def fitting a 3-way rotation if it's what you're doing... I can post again the FFS link towards the best cheap 3-way rotations => http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/01/30/best-defensive-three-way-rotations/ though it's a bit of a past history now but you could well adapt it to the more popular current picks (e.g. Dawson instead of Wisdom at WB).

I was much better off before the WC :pac:

I'm confident of my defenders playing in the medium term but this GW there's a few doubts. I can afford to upgrade Ameobi but for 1 week and that extra 0.5 could be a lot more use elsewhere without having to waste another transfer.

I'll be moving Walcott on for Silva or Eriksen next GW most likely too. Unless I downgrade Sanchez soon also and I'll be cash rich.

Too many questions and whatever I do will end up being wrong anyway :pac:

Foster
    Aguero-Defoe

myhill-hazard-terry-kane
    0.3 itb

Dame N'doye
    Sakho (West Ham)

Any feedback appreciated

Have Defoe too, might use transfer to bring in Ings, Zouma » Dawson is a no loss transfer for 2nd move.
    Noble has just signed 5 yr contract at W-Ham, wonder if It's a sign :)

I'm quoting you again since both FFS & The Guardian have Ameobi in their starting line-up. To be honest I'm actually half-considering him after missing Walters rise last night... though think I'll go for the latter anyway. Him playing upfront is a punt I'm reasonably happy to take.
    But in your case you may "save" this transfer and sort someone else out...

-

Now, my last dilemma. Who to get in for Baird? Straight swap to Dawson. Or get a Stoke/Villa/Swansea cheap def to rotate with Colo & PvA. Or keep a FT for bringing in for free a DGWer next week? I mean if neither of those guys keep a CS my probable 4 pts hit next week will be a fail before the GW start :confused:... Ah so many possibilities and unknowns, it's wrecking my head... Ah I guess I'll just get someone in so that at least my squad will be sorted out and I will not have this transfer to be made later on...
    This game really makes you schizo :rolleyes::pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Prayer circle for Ameobi to play. Who's in? :pac:

tumblr_inline_nj64u9pby01rtwyb8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Going with

Krul
    Hutton Woolshied Wisdom McShane Moreno
    Byod Henderson Cazorla (c)
    Aguero Rooney

Pantillmon Hazard Kane Erikson

Hopefully they all play!