Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Wayne Rooney worth a 1 week punt?

Based on current form - no

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Im thinking of taking out hazard for these few weeks and aim to keep money to get him back in a few weeks for DGW. who to bring in tho? Sterling? who is in turkey tonight so dont know about that. Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I would argue that you should forget about your rivals and concentrate on getting the maximum points yourself, I'd gamble on playing players and fix up my team at the same time rather than put it off while watching these rivals.

Do you be watching my team selections :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Giroud is in the crosshairs now after that performance last night. I'm thinking next week swap Giroud to Austin for the DGW. That'll give me one from Spurs and one from QPR. Potentially take a hit and move Eirksen in for Sanchez, although that leaves me no Arsenal cover which may not be a bad thing. After the DGW then move Eirksen back out for a Arsenal midfielder of choice, probably Ozil, which will then leave me the funds to do Austin to Costa.

A bit torn about whether or not to take the hit for the DGW. Suppose it comes down to who I think will score more, Eirsken and Austin over two games, or a shakey looking Arsenal pair of Giroud and Sanchez in one game. I'm reluctant to swap out Sanchez as most of my chasers in the money league have him so he's good as a fail safe in that regard. But to move further up the overall ranking I feel that I have to make a few brave moves. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Giroud will be dropped for the weekend? To be as bad as he was last night took some doing. I think Walcott might take his place at the weekend unless Wenger thinks that dropping him will destroy his confidence beyond repair (although Giroud probably did that all by himself last night)

He'll either be dropped for Everton or QPR; no chance he starts both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

That Arsenal performance has me fearing for both Giroud and Bellerin at the weekend. Could be down to 8 if neither of them start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

After this week euro matches, have Clichy, Silva, Aguero, Bellerin, Sanchez and Giroud.
    Positives: Clichy might get more league time now he is suspended, Bellerin started, Aguero looks sharp.
    Negatives: Sanchez was barely able to walk at the end, Silva also looked tired Giroud was awful.
    Have Oscar along with Clichy who I was going to ship for Yaya and 4.4m defender, not sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Are we not a bit too harsh on Giroud? He had a howler yesterday but he scored 3 goals and got 2 assists in his last 5 PL games (with a 70 min and a 20 min ones). Everyone can fail. Even Ronaldo did many times in La Liga recently. Giroud failed epically yesterday but 1) the whole Arsenal team failed (including Wenger) and 2) not sure putting him on the bench this week-end is the best response Arsène can give to his performance. I think he should maintain his confidence and start him this week-end (unless Giroud himself asks for a break) so that he has a chance to redeem himself. Of course as a Giroud owner that'd suit me and there's probably a part of wishful thinking but still I think it'd make sense to do so. Then if he fails again take him out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

iroced wrote: »
    Are we not a bit too harsh on Giroud? He had a howler yesterday but he scored 3 goals and got 2 assists in his last 5 PL games (with a 70 min and a 20 min ones). Everyone can fail. Even Ronaldo did many times in La Liga recently. Giroud failed epically yesterday but 1) the whole Arsenal team failed (including Wenger) and 2) not sure putting him on the bench this week-end is the best response Arsène can give to his performance. I think he should maintain his confidence and start him this week-end (unless Giroud himself asks for a break) so that he has a chance to redeem himself. Of course as a Giroud owner that'd suit me and there's probably a part of wishful thinking but still I think it'd make sense to do so. Then if he fails again take him out early.

Good point I hope Arsene thinks the same!

iroced wrote: »

Wenger wouldn't drop him on Sunday for the performance last night; it would be because he thinks Giroud needs a rest or to protect him. If I was guessing lineups I would say he starts against Everton and then Theo or Welbeck is up front against QPR.

• Advertisement

Koeman has confirmed Toby is out of the game against West Brom, but "hopes" he'll be back for the Palace game on Tuesday.

Might have to spend the extra million or so on Bertrand now. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Koeman has confirmed Toby is out of the game against West Brom, but "hopes" he'll be back for the Palace game on Tuesday.

Might have to spend the extra million or so on Bertrand now. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Darrenon91 wrote: »
    Im thinking of taking out hazard for these few weeks and aim to keep money to get him back in a few weeks for DGW. who to bring in tho? Sterling? who is in turkey tonight so dont know about that. Suggestions?

I think im gonna do the same. Im looking for a one week punt in midfield, then im gonna sign eriksen for the double gameweek. Cant decide who to punt in this week though. Was originally thinking an arsenal player but im a bit uneasy after last night, wengers team selection is tough to predict for the weekend. I might go for downing at home to palace, anyone any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Need a replacement for Hutton or Duff, has to be a regular.

Ideally 4.5 Max 4.7

dahat wrote: »

Ideally 4.5 Max 4.7

Craig Dawson? 2 cleanies in a row and West Brom have a good run of fixtures.

LucidLife wrote: »
    What if and buts.... of course eriksen can get injured...so can my 11...and yours and everybody elses...saying it could happen while true is just a stupid argument. Likewise they could both go up in value just as easy as drop.

I'll post my points after GW's. But I'm done justifying this to ye.

Caulker dropping tonight, Eriksen tomorrow.

Ideally 4.5 Max 4.7

Play most weeks in the next month: Dawson
    Until the end of the season as part of a rotation: Naughton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Oh nooooooooo. I brought Toby in this week :'(

Play most weeks in the next month: Dawson
    Until the end of the season as part of a rotation: Naughton

Mr Yellow card Naughton, unsure tbh but Dawson does interest me, would be a WBA double up though

Mr Yellow card Naughton, unsure tbh but Dawson does interest me, would be a WBA double up though

Dawson's been booked two out of the four matches he's played at RB. You could also go Wollscheid or Pieters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Alderweireld is annoying but I think I'll keep him and just play 10 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Back five is:

Baird, PVA, Jones, Bellerin, Terry.

Can't get Dawson and I need a replacement for Terry that is 4.8 or under. I had hoped it would be Alder but he's not fit. Any suggestions?

Dawson's been booked two out of the four matches he's played at RB. You could also go Wollscheid or Pieters.

Went for Dawson more to do with Pulis than anything else, hopefully the double up works out at least once anyway.

Went for Dawson more to do with Pulis than anything else, hopefully the double up works out at least once anyway.

I have 3 WBA so might go for Wolly.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have Dawson so might go for Wolly.

Who does Wolly play for? Any thought given to Mcshane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

dahat wrote:
    Who does Wolly play for? Any thought given to Mcshane?

Wollsheid. Plays for Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Sturridge playing tonight so may not start against City.

Who to get in though? Giroud is the standout. Surely he can't miss that many again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Who to get in though? Giroud is the standout. Surely he can't miss that many again

If Rodgers goes into the City match without Sturridge that would be pretty shocking and would say a lot about how likely he thinks top 4 is.

I was considering selling Giroud! With how he performed last night and how many options they have in midfield it wouldn't be a surprise if Sanchez started up front. I'm not going to but I did consider it I think it will be Caz who gets the chop for Eriksen next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd say he will play sun but mightnt start against burnley

• Advertisement

I'd say he will play sun but mightnt start against burnley

He'll have a week break until the Burnley game though.

Advertisement