Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

b620b03241dcdc0801fafb485127e08a.png

Very red

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Any advice on team lads? I think my h2h opponent will only have 10! I brought in sanchez this week n will shop Cazorla next week for dgw!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

KevIRL wrote: »
    Very red

Indeed. Based on the above im nearly tempted to go

Defoe> Sakho

One of Terry, Jones,Bellerin, Hutton and PVA to Bertrand.

I can afford Hutton to Bertrand but im worried that i'll have an awful amount of cash stuck in defence

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

who should be the priority to get out PVA or Hutton? and who to get in with 5.0 or 5.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Deco99 wrote: »
    Blind is an option based on the 5.2m and his goals recently. The kid can finish if given a chance
    I'd pick a different midfielder for 5.2m but you asked united. Rooney??
    just geting rid of oscar, have hazard, carzola,silva, larson, 8.3 to spend, want to get a spurs min in next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Feck it. Took in Bertrand and Bellerín, for Wisdom and Hutton.

Still leaves me with only 11 players, 12 if you count my sub keeper, but was not dropping my Chelsea players and Kane.

Knowing my luck Wisdom and Hutton will end both playing and outscoring my replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Feck it. Took in Bertrand and Bellerín, for Wisdom and Hutton.

Still leaves me with only 11 players, 12 if you count my sub keeper, but was not dropping my Chelsea players and Kane.

Knowing my luck Wisdom and Hutton will end both playing and outscoring my replacements.

12? How many players are you planning on fielding? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Who else is rolling out a 3-4-3 tomorrow? :cool:

Panti
    Clyne Wolly Naughton
    Cork Sanchez Cazorla Puncheon
    BUIB Defoe Aguero

PvA Hazard Terry

I still expect Kane to somehow get double digits this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Who else is rolling out a 3-4-3 tomorrow? 

Panti Clyne Wolly Naughton Cork Sanchez Cazorla Puncheon BUIB Defoe Aguero

PvA Hazard Terry

who is buib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

who is buib

I think he means Pelle. ( Big Useless Italian Bastard :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Who else is rolling out a 3-4-3 tomorrow? :cool:

Panti
    Clyne Wolly Naughton
    Cork Sanchez Cazorla Puncheon
    BUIB Defoe Aguero

PvA Hazard Terry

I'm doing Terry to Bertie I'd say and I'll be going 5-3-2 which could very well end up 2-3-2!!

Panti
    Bertie, Dawson, PVA, Bellerin, Hutton
    Sanchez, Yaya, Downing
    Aguero, Sturridge

Hamer, Albrighton, Hazard, Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

12? How many players are you planning on fielding? ;)

What I mean is I have no subs, barr a keeper.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Terry to McShane would allow me to get the following team next week for a -4:

Foster
    Bellerin Rose McShane
    Hazard Silva Sanchez ADM
    Sturridge Kane Aguero

Subs: Myhill Hutton PVA Boyd

Worth sacrificing Terry for? Had intended for him to be a season keeper and may get him in for their dgw again but just think the extra cash could be better used in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I've got a bad feeling Giroud won't start, and there's already a huge doubt over PVA too. I'm beginning to come around to the idea of taking a hit to ship out some dead wood.

My main rival also has Giroud, it could be a great spot to close further ground if my hunch is right. If I'm wrong, it could spectacularly backfire.

It has to be one of PVA or Giroud, leave it or start tinkering, any thoughts?

Maybe I should just open another beer and stop over thinking things. :confused:

Any suggestions on a straight swap for PVA around the same price, I'm already doubled up on WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Terry to McShane would allow me to get the following team next week for a -4:

Foster
    Bellerin Rose McShane
    Hazard Silva Sanchez ADM
    Sturridge Kane Aguero

Subs: Myhill Hutton PVA Boyd

Worth sacrificing Terry for? Had intended for him to be a season keeper and may get him in for their dgw again but just think the extra cash could be better used in midfield.

Who does he allow you to get in? You'll only end up with 2 DGWers, though I'm not sure I'll go mad on them too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I have both Giroud and PvA, but I'm just gonna sit it out and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSF wrote: »
    Bertrand will play.

Wasn't 100% sure about him when I confirmed transfers.
    I hope he doesn't go mad this weekend.

iroced wrote: »
    Who does he allow you to get in? You'll only end up with 2 DGWers, though I'm not sure I'll go mad on them too...

Can do a straight swap from Mane to Silva if I sell Terry for McShane. May or may not bother with Rose, might just get Alder in instead the following week as I want him long term. Might just go with Kane as my only DGW player...there's nobody else I really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Same here.

I would have to do -8 to replace them. Not worth it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Am I mad for captaining Rooney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

You're right, I'm going to stick with plan A. also.
    wonski wrote: »
    Same here. I would have to do -8 to replace them. Not worth it imo.

That would be horrible, -4 seems a little more reasonable though. But I think even if neither starts they will have game time. So maybe 1 hit isn't great after all. The transfer has to workout basically.
    Am I mad for captaining Rooney?

You've got one thing going for you. Rooney HATES Sunderland, remember the year City clinched the league in the dying moments and the chants from the Sunderland supporters? Rooney does.

Both he and United are in poor form though, and he's not playing upfront either. What other options do you have?

Can do a straight swap from Mane to Silva if I sell Terry for McShane. May or may not bother with Rose, might just get Alder in instead the following week as I want him long term. Might just go with Kane as my only DGW player...there's nobody else I really want.

Changed my mind again...think I'll do Hutton to McShane this week and ADM to Silva next week instead. Southampton's fixtures are decent so Mane might be worth keeping for a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Regarding Hutton

"So there's no way he'll be able to play?"

11017831_673687309408380_9218866984719259492_n.jpg?oh=cc2e5d9250e4a1a68910eec0b318f175&oe=557B7CD9&__gda__=1434092723_6db6efe84c37c7f4513a32e5c7d908c0

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Stick with Walcott or get Cazorla?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Due to lack of new developments I went ahead and did Terry to Craig Dawson as planned.
    I'll have enough cash to do Austin to Costa and Jones to Terry/Ivan after the spurs/QPR double week.
    Will be fielding a 5-4-1 tomorrow and hoping PVA starts.

Changed my mind again...think I'll do Hutton to McShane this week and ADM to Silva next week instead. Southampton's fixtures are decent so Mane might be worth keeping for a few more weeks.
    That allows you to keep Terry then.Mané could be a good pick in the mid-price range. Unfortunately I can't afford him from Lucas...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Zouma to playing defender. Will give me 12 players with games this GW. However doubts over bellerin, Walcott and ameobi means I will still do well to have 11 starters

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

our group in the champions cup is extremely tight, - seems like no one wants to give their team away - a usually vocal poster is very quiet.

iroced wrote: »
    That allows you to keep Terry then.Mané could be a good pick in the mid-price range. Unfortunately I can't afford him from Lucas...

How are you fixed for this weekend?

• Advertisement

How are you fixed for this weekend?

Currently I'm lining like
    Foster
    Jones PvA Coloccini Baird
    Sanchez Cazorla ADM Lucas
    Aguero Giroud
    Myhill ; Terry, Hazard, Kane

2 FT for the 2 strikethrough spots. Heavily dependent upon Arsenal...

I'm actually trying to see what my team would/could be like for the 3-4 coming GWs such that I don't get in players this week that I'll be annoyed with in the upcoming ones...

For Baird I'm probably going with a 3-way rotation with Sunderland & Newcastle. Stoke, Villa & Swansea are my options. But maybe I'm giving too much credit to this article => http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/01/30/best-defensive-three-way-rotations/.

And for Lucas I'm still undecided. I was tempted by Siggy yesterday before he rose but I don't want the "super front 8". Also it would have forced me to get either Bruce or McShane for Baird with 0 in the bank. But Hull fixtures are terrible after next week. So not sure I want a transfer which will require another transfer in the near future.
    Coming back to Lucas, maybe a short-term punt on the cheap Stoke mids...

Advertisement