Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    He'll have a week break until the Burnley game though.

Yeh but if he is fit for that then that will be like 3 whole games and a few weeks of training without an injury so he will probably have picked up a knock somewhere before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He'll have a week break until the Burnley game though.

The next gw is midweek so it would be thurs sun wed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Baird and PvA out, Dawson and Wollsheid in. I'm now hopeful of fielding a full XI:

Forster
    Dawson - Hutton - Jones- Bellerin- Wollsheid
    Silva - Boyd - Sanchez(c)
    Aguero - Giroud

No hits taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Then FA Cup against Blackburn the following Sunday. That's a lot of matches for him, wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench against Burnley.

Then FA Cup against Blackburn the following Sunday. That's a lot of matches for him, wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench against Burnley.

I think it's likely with him starting tonight and if he starts sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I'll end up with just Kane my DGW player with 2 games. Neither Eriksen or Austin would be part of my long term plans. Also, as mentioned, Eriksen not a guaranteed starter. A Spurs defender (Rose, probably), might be worth a punt, but again, a Spurs defender definitely isn't in my long terms plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Baird and PvA out, Dawson and Wollsheid in. I'm now hopeful of fielding a full XI:

Forster
    Dawson - Hutton - Jones- Bellerin- Wollsheid
    Silva - Boyd - Sanchez(c)
    Aguero - Giroud

No hits taken.

Hutton marked as 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wollscheid seems to be the most nailed on Stoke defender but I'd be .3 short of doing Terry to him and Mane to Silva next week. Would Cameron at 4.2 be worth a shot or would it be too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He won't be needed against Blackburn. We'll be fielding our reserves. 8 changes against Stoke last time out!

Didn't realise there was midweek games next week. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wollscheid seems to be the most nailed on Stoke defender but I'd be .3 short of doing Terry to him and Mane to Silva next week. Would Cameron at 4.2 be worth a shot or would it be too risky?

Bit risky, but Bardsley is on 9 yellows so he could get a run

• Advertisement

Riskyish but should be ok short term. His versatility means he can get a start in all sorts of positions.

Planning doing PVA>Haidra this week so I have 11 for the week don't plan on using him again the future so he is just a one week fix. Anything else worth considering? Allowing for next weeks transfer plans I effectively have 0ITB.

FPL_GW27.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

damn alderwiereld :(
    taking a -4 to tidy up defence and still may end up with only 10 if bellerin or PVA don't play!

km79 wrote: »
    damn alderwiereld :(
    taking a -4 to tidy up defence and still may end up with only 10 if bellerin or PVA don't play!

PVA would be the bigger doubt imo they kept a cleansheet without him and they are away to United seems a bad time to bring in a defender so attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dead wood out for me, PVA and Hutton gone with Bertrand plus Dawson in, running a -8 with 10 players but I'm ok with it.

jimmii wrote: »
    PVA would be the bigger doubt imo they kept a cleansheet without him and they are away to United seems a bad time to bring in a defender so attacking.

he is currently my sub but I'm not confident bellerin will play either ......all of this is also assuming both Walcott and Sanchez start !

he is currently my sub but I'm not confident bellerin will play either ......all of this is also assuming both Walcott and Sanchez start !

Bellerin, PVA & Theo :eek: you are going to need to be incredibly lucky to get 11 out as it stands!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Some people call it old fashioned but I'll be going with the 1-4-2 formation this weekend.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Any way I could play Foster in defence? I have 2 playing keepers and only 2 playing defenders... :o

jimmii wrote: »
    Bellerin, PVA & Theo :eek: you are going to need to be incredibly lucky to get 11 out as it stands!

it gets worse
    I thought after my -4 that PVA was a sub but nope he is in my 11........I think I'm just going to roll with it. I'm certainly not taking a -8 for 3 defensive changes !
    the other option is to switch Walcott out for Silva (will be doing it next week) but I feel Walcott may start and has a better fixture OR hazard out but I don't think I will

• Advertisement

it gets worse
    I thought after my -4 that PVA was a sub but nope he is in my 11........I think I'm just going to roll with it. I'm certainly not taking a -8 for 3 defensive changes !
    the other option is to switch Walcott out for Silva (will be doing it next week) but I feel Walcott may start and has a better fixture OR hazard out but I don't think I will

I would go in with 9 instead of taking a -4 for a hit unless its a long term transfer very few defenders worth taking a hit for this week and even those that are, are very marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wasn't planning on using my free transfer this week, but with Hutton injuried and Wisdom looking like he has been dropped, its looking like I'll have to if I want to field 11 players. Dropping one for Bellerín, will leave me with 5.8 in the Bank. Thoughts on that, and who else to get?

Other defenders are...

Cresswell, O'Shea, and Terry (not playing).

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Want to get rid of Chadli (6.4m) with 2.2m in the bank.... any suggestion who I should get. Have Carzola Silva Downing & Johnson (Sunderland) now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Was going to save a second transfer to have 2ft next week but had back 5 of Terry,Wasi,Clyne,Bellerin,PVA.
    Did Wasi to Bruce
    PVA to Dawson
    Would hope Clyne,Bruce,Dawson definitely starting at wkd,and Bellerin might start.

Want to get rid of Chadli (6.4m) with 2.2m in the bank.... any suggestion who I should get. Have Carzola Silva Downing & Johnson (Sunderland) now

Probably Eriksen for the double then maybe look at Sterling his goal threat has looked good the last few weeks maybe see how he gets on this week and next and then switch Eriksen for him if need be. Could punt on a Stoke mid for HUL EVE wba CPL and spend the money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wenger wouldn't drop him on Sunday for the performance last night; it would be because he thinks Giroud needs a rest or to protect him. If I was guessing lineups I would say he starts against Everton and then Theo or Welbeck is up front against QPR.
    I really hope you're right ;).
    Play most weeks in the next month: Dawson
    Until the end of the season as part of a rotation: Naughton
    I had the same thinking in mind.

But with PvA out of favour it blows most 3-way rotations out of the window :confused:...
    Back five is:

Baird, PVA, Jones, Bellerin, Terry.

Can't get Dawson and I need a replacement for Terry that is 4.8 or under. I had hoped it would be Alder but he's not fit. Any suggestions?
    You could get Dawson for Baird since the latter is out of favour.

oscar due to drop again tonight ive already taken a .1 drop on him so think Ill make my move tonight. Sterling, walters, moses, downing, siggy all in the frame.

Siggy rising is not good news for me.

I have exactly enough for upgrading Lucas to him. But if I do so I can't upgrade Baird.

PvA out of favour is really annoying too. It fecks up many cheap 3-way rotations... I had AV-Sun-New, New-Sun-Swa & AV-Sto-Sun in mind but they all involve Sun...
    oscar due to drop again tonight ive already taken a .1 drop on him so think Ill make my move tonight. Sterling, walters, moses, downing, siggy all in the frame.
    Long term, Sterling is probably the best choice. But short-term with them playing 120 min tonight, their hectic schedule and facing City at the week-end...
    It kind of depends if you want to go on a one or two weeks punt or a long-term move. With the former option, Downing or the Stoke guys could be good. Long-term, again, definitely Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

iroced wrote: »
    PvA out of favour is really annoying too. It fecks up many cheap 3-way rotations... I had AV-Sun-New, New-Sun-Swa & AV-Sto-Sun in mind but they all involve Sun...

I have the New-Sun-Villa rotation at the minute, before the matches last weekend I thought i could field 11 for GW27, however I have PVA and Hutton and a good chance neither will feature. After Girouds performance last night im now worried about him, dont even know where to use the transfer

• Advertisement

I have the New-Sun-Villa rotation at the minute, before the matches last weekend I thought i could field 11 for GW27, however I have PVA and Hutton and a good chance neither will feature. After Girouds performance last night im now worried about him, dont even know where to use the transfer
    Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Lucas & Baird to ditch with my 2 FT. But PvA and maybe Giroud could make this list grow...

Advertisement