Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

The Protank 2 looks good on it,just get an air control base and the coils are simple to rebuild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I bought the Innokin iClear X.1 for it but I'm sure it will probably look too big on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I was thinking something more like a lemo drop/orchid, they're both 22mm but there should be tanks like them in 18 or 19mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

EGriff wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good 18 or 19mm rebuildable tank? I'm looking for something to go with the istick. I looked at the kayfun mini and the fogger mini but they both seem way too long and awkward looking.

I might just get the subtank mini even though it will look a bit wonky on a 20W istick. Or I might get an egrip and the RBA base. I tend to buy stuff on a whim and then never use it so I'm trying to think this one out first.
    The subtank nano and rebuild the standard coils as there meant to be easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The charging on a Clouper seems to be a bit suspect,my Clouper T5 takes 11 hours to charge up to 95%,I've tried it on a wall type socket & a USB Hub,but getting the same results,does anyone have any more updates about the T5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

The charging on a Clouper seems to be a bit suspect,my Clouper T5 takes 11 hours to charge up to 95%,I've tried it on a wall type socket & a USB Hub,but getting the same results,does anyone have any more updates about the T5.

That's just how long it takes to charge a lightsaber :P

But seriously have a read about problems with the T5 after upgrade to latest firmware http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Cloupor-T5-50w-Review-WARNING-DO-NOT-UPDATE-TO-THE-LATEST-FIRMWARE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

There is a huge demand on the Nautilus Mini that it's out of stock in all the major websites, I was thinking to follow the trend and buy an Istick mini + Nautilus mini and vape my way but today I came across the new joytech e-grip, any thoughts on which one is best?

alwald wrote: »
    There is a huge demand on the Nautilus Mini that it's out of stock in all the major websites, I was thinking to follow the trend and buy an Istick mini + Nautilus mini and vape my way but today I came across the new joytech e-grip, any thoughts on which one is best?

The Egrip was terrible with the stock coils,I couldnt vape over 8w without getting a burn taste,the RBA is fantanstic,no burning & no leaks,well worth a tenner for the RBA.

The Egrip was terrible with the stock coils,I couldnt vape over 8w without getting a burn taste,the RBA is fantanstic,no burning & no leaks,well worth a tenner for the RBA.

Good to know, mine should be here in the morning. Can you crank it up to 20watts with the rba with no dry hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Fellow boards user selling an egrip here for 50 euro, I forget his username for thus board but he was on the other day. Not sure what the RRP is.

http://touch.adverts.ie/other-health-beauty/joyetech-egrip-20w-brown/7303594

• Advertisement

Good to know, mine should be here in the morning. Can you crank it up to 20watts with the rba with no dry hits?

Let us know how you get on with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I need to change clearomizers and need some help

Being using Volish Volimizer for the last few months and have one vivi mini nova tank

Using ego batteries (so not able to upgrade them just yet to anything else) but in mean time Im looking for suggestions for new clearomizers or a step up from what im using???

Any suggestions appreciated????
    Y

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Absolute monster with the RBA. Made me go out and but a Kayfun. Egrip shiiiiits on it imo. Honestly, best vape I've ever had. I have an Aqua v2 coming and hope it's the same deal.

youngblood wrote: »
    I need to change clearomizers and need some help

Being using Volish Volimizer for the last few months and have one vivi mini nova tank

Using ego batteries (so not able to upgrade them just yet to anything else) but in mean time Im looking for suggestions for new clearomizers or a step up from what im using???

Any suggestions appreciated????
    Y

Aspire maxi with bvc coils, great vape and pretty cheap. They'll work on your egos.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/maxibdc.htm most sites have them or you can get them in vapourpal stores.

After checking more forums and videos about the egrip one question comes to my mind, how to clean the internal clearomizer? I love the device but the cleaning part worries me.

Aspire maxi with bvc coils, great vape and pretty cheap. They'll work on your egos.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/maxibdc.htm most sites have them or you can get them in vapourpal stores.
    Cheers for that,
    I bought one before but was getting little or no throat kick/vapour off it-Replaced the coil but still the same---was I doing something wrong?
    Any other suggestions?

After checking more forums and videos about the egrip one question comes to my mind, how to clean the internal clearomizer? I love the device but the cleaning part worries me.

It's a bit awkward but honestly it doesn't seem to get that dirty. I try and vape a flavour down to nothing and just go with a new one then. I've seen people run them straight under the tap saying the circuitry is sealed off - don't do this, it's not. Water can get in and it's done.

Usually I stick an old head in and add warm water as if it was juice. Shake it a bit and take the head out and suck as much off the juice out from the juice chamber with a long syringe. Then stuff tissue into the hole down to the airpipe and turn it upside down. Then leave it dry over night. Only bother every fortnight or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jayz thats awkward.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jayz thats awkward.

Ah it is, but I'm over doing it there. Only every 2wks or so same way I give my nauties a good boil.

I bought some kanthal thinking I'd rebuild the coils myself but vaperus are selling them at 5 for about €3. Not sure if I could be arsed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

just got 2 bottles of juice this morning,but the best before date is sept2014,

are they ok or will i get on to them about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

youngblood wrote: »
    Cheers for that,
    I bought one before but was getting little or no throat kick/vapour off it-Replaced the coil but still the same---was I doing something wrong?
    Any other suggestions?

If not them aspire, then try the Kanger T3d or the evod glass. They are both fairly cheap and use the newer kanger dual coil heads.

I have my Egrip rocking at 20w & definitely no dry hits & I am using the build they have installed.I have gone through 4 tanks of juice on the same coil & cotton.
    The stock coils I have maybe dodgy,nobody else on YT has complained about them.
    Would be handy if an Irish Vendor would supply the special adapter for the RBA so we can dry burn the coil & check the Ohms,using a multimeter at the moment.

This is the cheapest I have seen in Ireland http://e-cigaretteshop.eu/en/mods/455-egrip-joyetech.html

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

just got 2 bottles of juice this morning,but the best before date is sept2014,

are they ok or will i get on to them about it?
    Honestly I don't know.
    I've vaped some of my old out of date liquids and they were fine.

I am one of those that put the egrip under the tap,I pour out any old juice that is in there,I put my thumb over the usb port & run the tap very slowly into the tank 2 or 3 times & it is well clean,try not to overfill it with water,which I did & still had no problems with it,next time I clean it,I will fill a syringe with water,turn the egrip upside down & squirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My iStick came today and I'm using it with an innokin iClear x.I which also came today but I'm getting a burnt taste when I vape for some reason? I'm even vaping at the lowest wattage possible with a 2 ohm coil which is 4.5W.

Any ideas?

My iStick came today and I'm using it with an innokin iClear x.I which also came today but I'm getting a burnt taste when I vape for some reason? I'm even vaping at the lowest wattage possible with a 2 ohm coil which is 4.5W.

Any ideas?

It always comes down to a crap coil,try closing off the air flow completely & prime it by 5 quick puffs without using the fire button,keep repeating this until it even floods

I am one of those that put the egrip under the tap,I pour out any old juice that is in there,I put my thumb over the usb port & run the tap very slowly into the tank 2 or 3 times & it is well clean,try not to overfill it with water,which I did & still had no problems with it,next time I clean it,I will fill a syringe with water,turn the egrip upside down & squirt.

I am really interested especially that the price in TBS is only 55EUR now instead of 62EUR, they still have the 10% discount I think, I have 2 (noob) questions:

Obviously the coil needs to be changed, how often? is this what I need to buy http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/547-joyetech-egrip-rba-base.html? I read that some people can rebuild the coild themselves, is it easy? any videos that can be recommended for a step by step guide?

The second question is what type of drip tips work well with the egrip?

Any ideas?

As above, the longer/better you prime a new coil straight out the box the better it will vape for its whole time.

Also the istick (20 at least) is a bit overpowered. Regardless of what it displays, the lowest volts it will go down to is about 4.2 on a full battery and 3.8 when it hits 2/3rds full.
    Not sure what those innokin coils are like but it's known to give single coil evods etc. trouble. Nautilus bvcs have no problems.

If not them aspire, then try the Kanger T3d or the evod glass. They are both fairly cheap and use the newer kanger dual coil heads.

Will try and Kanger t3d and see how that goes-cheers for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

accaguest wrote: »
    As above, the longer/better you prime a new coil straight out the box the better it will vape for its whole time.

Hi, I have a mini nauti on order that uses the BVC coils. Would I need to prime the new coils, and if so, how? Thanks.

Advertisement