Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    They seem to have fixed some of the issues with the 20W and stuck 10 more watts on it. It's the way to go alright.

Newbie question, still researching batteries/cleros and the nauti mini is the most recommended clero for the istick. Would you ever need 30w for this. One of the reasons I ask is I am still stuck between ordering the mvp 20w or istick 30w.
    One of the major differences I see is €10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think many of the recommendations for the 30W over the 20W are more to do with the improved build quality and durability.

The 20W has had some issues with the threading wearing down, with the centre pin not being dead on and with it being 'overpowered'. I have noted the first two issues myself but its still a terrific device for €35 (i'm using one now).

I would recommend you get the 30W though, it seems those issues may have been tackled. You dont need to use all that power, i vape around 7W.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think many of the recommendations for the 30W over the 20W are more to do with the improved build quality and durability.

The 20W has had some issues with the threading wearing down, with the centre pin not being dead on and with it being 'overpowered'. I have noted the first two issues myself but its still a terrific device for €35 (i'm using one now).

I would recommend you get the 30W though, it seems those issues may have been tackled. You dont need to use all that power, i vape around 7W.

Thanks J Mysterio, if I was going to go with the istick it would definitely be the 30w version.
    I am undecided between the istick 30w or the MVP 20w.

I say iStick all the way. The MVP is nice enough but the iStick is way prettier and nicer in the hand. MVP feels a little dated next to it. Either way, both good.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Another vote for the iStick, I have 2 20w ones and they are great, but limited in that I'm very much favouring slightly sub ohm builds these days (around .7-.8) and they just won't fire them (the 30w does I think?).

Also, if you want different options, just check out the for sale thread, always a selection of good second hand mods to try out, save yourself a few quid on a probably better quality device. The vamo is actually a good mod I had one and it never let me down, even when a button spring broke it still worked fine. The SVD is also a great mod you can pick up for buttons. Both are very big by modern standards though.

I have a few more mods to go up for sale soon, I was just looking at my collection and its ludicrous!
    What the hell do I need 2 evics, like 10 tube mech mods, drippers, tanks etc for? Sh1t I haven't used in months.
    Vaping is a thing that can get out of hand very quickly. But I digress.

Yeah iStick 30w or similar, a Naulitus mini or similar (the new Kanger sub tank mini is out soon and is getting great reviews).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Plascebo wrote: »
    Newbie question, still researching batteries/cleros and the nauti mini is the most recommended clero for the istick. Would you ever need 30w for this. One of the reasons I ask is I am still stuck between ordering the mvp 20w or istick 30w.
    One of the major differences I see is €10 :)

In my opinion no with ordinary clearos you're never going to need more than 15 watts never mind 30. Saying that if you're like I was and thinking about rebuildables the 30 watts on the iStick could be considered future-proofing. Get the iStick from what I've experienced the way to go is think about everything you could do vaping sub-ohming, drippers, rebuildables clearos and prepare yourself now for it, instead of buying more later on.

Shinyitis is a genuine condition and every effort should be done to make it easier on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

No contest imo, the 20w MVP is just too big compared to the iStick:
    uvYt2P9.jpg

That's an original MVP but they are the exact same size as the 20w.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

That blatant advertising post this morning , that the mods were quick to deal with , reminded me that I went into Viktors in the ecigshop on Tuesday morning and he had got in a Shisha attachment that turned it into a vaping shisha . You screw it into the top and it contains the battery , liquid chamber and atomiser , pretty cool . I thought I took a pic of it but I can't find it now , will do the next time I am in there .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Does anybody know whats happening with houseofliquid.ie? They havent had any Cigarillos stock since December, and dont reply to emails.

My last two orders, I have had to order from the UK site instead, but they have changed their sizes, from a 60ml bottle to 5x10ml bottles(which is a pain, and more expensive)

Well... I ordered from HOL Ireland in December and wasnt able to combine the shipping of tge order with an order from e-smoke (like you used to be able and like it says you can.). Meant I had to pay shipping twice (not the end of the world). I too sent an email and no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Can anyone tell me if the Aspire T3 v2.0 eGo BDC Clearomizer will fit on the VIP Photon battery.

I was thinking of getting this but not sure if it will fit or work with the VIP Photon.
    I like a really good puff of vapour and this one looks good.

AV8IRL wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the Aspire T3 v2.0 eGo BDC Clearomizer will fit on the VIP Photon battery.

I was thinking of getting this but not sure if it will fit or work with the VIP Photon.

Yeah it will fit. Most connection are standard, the one you have is an ego battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

AV8IRL wrote: »

Yes, it will. Vip batteries are ego threaded batteries, so the bdc clearo will fit.

Yes, it will. Vip batteries are ego threaded batteries, so the bdc clearo will fit.

Thanks for that quick response. Going to order one form e-cigshop.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

AV8, check out their "The Eliquid Factory" juices before you place your order. Some reduced from 15 to 6 euro for a 35ml bottle! Not a bad price. FB10 is the discount code for 10% off.

AV8, check out their "The Eliquid Factory" juices before you place your order. Some reduced from 15 to 6 euro for a 35ml bottle! Not a bad price. FB10 is the discount code for 10% off.

Just looked at that 15 to 6 euro bottle, do you know if its any good.... have you tried it??

The only ones I've vaped are Apis (nutty, vanilla, tobacco. Delicious!) and Apple Daquiri (like Apple sweets. Nice enough if you like that type of thing) which unfortunately aren't reduced.

I've ordered 140mls of Cu Chulainn which is meant to be an RY4 type with almond notes. I like RY4 and I like almonds so I took a punt. When the company that used to make it went under there was threads on this board with people buying up hundreds of mls at a time because they liked it that much.

I forget the name of the other reduced one named after one of the Irish heroes. It's menthol and anise, meant to be like a more minty version of red astaire which is very popular so should be nice enough. I've never had RA or the TEF one.

Also, it doesn't say until you go to place order, but unregistered and uninsured delivery is 4.95 (I think!) and registered is 9.95 (!) and I didn't see anything about free delivery over a certain value order. Just factor that in to your pricing cos like I said it wasn't clear until just before the order is placed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I just bought an Innokin Cool Fire II for the laugh. I'm just wondering, what charger do I need to charge the battery? I've only used a Kanger Evod vape pen so far and I'm fairly sure that the charger I use for that won't charge this will it?

I don't know that device so can't be sure, but I've never seen an innokin that doesn't support micro USB charging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I just bought an Innokin Cool Fire II for the laugh. I'm just wondering, what charger do I need to charge the battery? I've only used a Kanger Evod vape pen so far and I'm fairly sure that the charger I use for that won't charge this will it?

You need an 18350 to run that grenade,so you need to buy a charger & a battery,I would get the Nitecore 4 so you can charge all the 18350,18500 & 18650,it can also charge AA & AAA.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/214-nitecore-intellicharge-i4-v2-charger.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/446-efest-purple-battery.html

Cool looking thing that though. Just the battery is a bit small.

You need an 18350 to run that grenade,so you need to buy a charger & a battery,I would get the Nitecore 4 so you can charge all the 18350,18500 & 18650,it can also charge AA & AAA.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/214-nitecore-intellicharge-i4-v2-charger.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/446-efest-purple-battery.html

Ah brilliant, I'll get one of them when I get paid on Friday. Thank you.

Also, I bought an Eleaf iStick too. That will just charge with my phone charger won't it? I think a USB charger comes with it anyway so it might not matter.

Yeah the iStick will charge from a phone charger, it will last ages too, way longer than the 18350 in the cool fire. Mine lasts two days between charges.

How long does the istick take to charge roughly? Thanks.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have bought the Cool Fire II at all but I couldn't resist the grenade design :P

How long does the istick take to charge roughly? Thanks.

3 or 4 hours I think, it gets to 80%ish very fast then finishes off more slowly. You can use it while it charges too.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah I probably shouldn't have bought the Cool Fire II at all but I couldn't resist the grenade design :P

just don't try bringing it on a flight :p

Thanks Griff. My itaste vv3 takes about the same and it's an 800 mah! I end up having it on charge for half the day.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of a good 18 or 19mm rebuildable tank? I'm looking for something to go with the istick. I looked at the kayfun mini and the fogger mini but they both seem way too long and awkward looking.

I might just get the subtank mini even though it will look a bit wonky on a 20W istick. Or I might get an egrip and the RBA base. I tend to buy stuff on a whim and then never use it so I'm trying to think this one out first.

Advertisement