Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

was in tescos today

had fage and liberte beside each other in the fridge

I chose liberte. **** you fage !

The Greeks voted for liberte yesterday as well.

It was a sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

The Greeks voted for liberte yesterday as well.

It was a sign.

Oh, that's all just a fage they are going through! :pac::pac::pac: I'm just a laugh a minute!! *Eats shoots and leaves*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

went for the fage today. It was quite interesting... originally I chose the liberte but it was 3.14e and the fage was 3.66e.

I placed the liberte back and went for the fage. I chose the fage as it was more expensive and I wanted to prove to myself that I will not be dictated to by price. If I want to splash the cash, I will do just that.

I forgot that the original reason I chose liberte was that it tastes better imo but by then I had wasted too much time ****ing about in tescos so I paid for the fage and went to work.

It is one of the few times in my life that when confronted by 2 options I never know what Im going to do until Im doing it

went for the fage today. It was quite interesting... originally I chose the liberte but it was 3.14e and the fage was 3.66e.

I placed the liberte back and went for the fage. I chose the fage as it was more expensive and I wanted to prove to myself that I will not be dictated to by price. If I want to splash the cash, I will do just that.

I forgot that the original reason I chose liberte was that it tastes better imo but by then I had wasted too much time ****ing about in tescos so I paid for the fage and went to work.

It is one of the few times in my life that when confronted by 2 options I never know what Im going to do until Im doing it

You probably don't even realise how maverick you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

I like both. Fage breakfast, liberte with fruit for snack later on

• Advertisement

liberte for me today

would love to bath in it

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

liberte for me today

would love to bath in it

Pity it cost €3. Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

Pity it cost €3. Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

Dunnes and Tesco do deals on it every so often where it's €2 a pop.

the Last year or more it is almost always on sale for 2e for the majority of the time. Tescos sees that it sells well and then pushes the price back up to full price.

currently in Tescos it is back at 3.66e

don't worry, this wont last.

When it is 2e the shelves are empty, when it is 3.66 nobody buys

the prices then goes back on special offer :pac:

liberte again today for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Fage is on offer in Dunnes at the moment: 3 euro for large, 1 euro for small.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Martha_Mae

Read that Liberte uses milk powder where Fage uses fresh milk... I suppose there's always a catch..

As Meghan Trainor sang:

"It's all about the taste, 'bout the taste, and macros"

Good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Martha_Mae wrote: »
    Read that Liberte uses milk powder where Fage uses fresh milk... I suppose there's always a catch..

Link? :)

Link? :)

It was Irish Independent (actual paper) a couple of weeks ago. Let me see if I can find something online..

Most likely that they use milk powder as a thickening agent along with milk as an actual ingredient rather than it only including milk powder.

Most likely that they use milk powder as a thickening agent along with milk as an actual ingredient rather than it only including milk powder.

Don't know but doesn't that beat the purpose? Isn't it for that unique recipe that makes greek yogurt so think and tasty?

Oooh look what I just came across!!

''Some companies just add more milk protein concentrate to the mix instead of making and straining a batch of regular yogurt. According to the Toronto Globe and Mail, Canadian brand Liberté uses this method to manufacture their Greek yogurt.''

consumerist.com/2012/09/05/greek-yogurt-thick-and-luxurious-or-just-full-of-milk-powder/

dont know

I only eat it for the protein, if it had very little protein I would never eat any of the 2.

Oooh look what I just came across!!

''Some companies just add more milk protein concentrate to the mix instead of making and straining a batch of regular yogurt. According to the Toronto Globe and Mail, Canadian brand Liberté uses this method to manufacture their Greek yogurt.''

consumerist.com/2012/09/05/greek-yogurt-thick-and-luxurious-or-just-full-of-milk-powder/

That Canadian Liberté is different to the Yoplait, which doesn't claim to be Greek yoghurt anyway.It's 'Greeek style'.

• Advertisement

That Canadian Liberté is different to the Yoplait, which doesn't claim to be Greek yoghurt anyway.It's 'Greeek style'.

It does have a paragraph about Yoplait too and how they got sued, but it seems that they replace the product or something..

It does have a paragraph about Yoplait too and how they got sued, but it seems that they replace the product or something..

Even if they use milk powder/protein concentrate in a Greek-style yoghurt, a lot of people buy them for dem macros.

And obviously the Flava Flav.

I just believe it's good to know what we're actually eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

As Meghan Trainor sang:

"It's all about the taste, 'bout the taste, and macros"

Good enough for me.
    What do you mean by the "macros"? Do you mean probiotics?

As for the added milk powder in Liberte, this is from their own FAQs:
    Why does Liberté add skim milk or milk protein powder to its yogurts?
    Liberté does not add gelatine to its yogurts. Instead, we add skim milk powder and milk protein concentrate for creamy and delicious products that are high in protein.
    By contrast, Fage yoghurt is naturally thick as a result of straining the yoghurt and also as a consequence of being strained the protein content is higher and not due to added dried milk to boost the protein and the thickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

leck wrote: »
    What do you mean by the "macros"? Do you mean probiotics?

Macronutrients

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Macronutrients
    The protein, carb and fat content? or maybe you are mostly concerned with protein?

By contrast, Fage yoghurt is naturally thick as a result of straining the yoghurt and also as a consequence of being strained the protein content is higher and not due to added dried milk to boost the protein and the thickness.

Sounds healthier to me

The protein, carb and fat content? or maybe you are mostly concerned with protein?

Yes. And sugars as well.

Fage may be healthier comparison but that doesn't make Liberte unhealthy.

Fage is a Greek yoghurt. Liberte is Greek style - it doesn't claim to be anything else.

And there isn't anything inherently bad about what they add to thicken it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 duke886

Dunnes Stores,Dungarvan stock it in 500grm tubs-o%fat and 10.3g protein per 100 grms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

It's a euro in Dunnes at the moment for the small tub.

Advertisement