Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

pippip wrote: »
    The loyalty dept is 061 272190

That's who they put you through to once you say you are cancelling.

thanks for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

goz83 wrote: »
    The phone/BB bundle might just be stomachable, but is it some kind of phone app, or is it the regular phone as usual?
    It's the regular phone as usual, with which you can also use the iOS or Android app anywhere once connected to (any) WiFi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It's the regular phone as usual, with which you can also use the iOS or Android app anywhere once connected to (any) WiFi.
    Are you sure its any WiFi or does it have to UPC wifi?

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Are you sure its any WiFi or does it have to UPC wifi?
    Definitely any WiFi - I've used it in USA, Oz & UK as well as other Irish ISPs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

After no deals by ringing I emailed my cancellation and just after getting a call now offering me 10euro off for 6months:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I rang to see if they would offer me better than they were offering the other day. They were offering half price for 6 months on the max deal, in a 12 month contract. I declined, as that would cost
    (42.5 x 6) 255
    (85 x 6) 510
    Total = €770

For me, that's too much, considering I paid approx. €480 for the max package last year.

I asked what she could do for me if I dropped the TV portion. She tried to sell me the BB+Phone plan for €45 until I pointed out that it was €25 for 4 months on their website, before going up to €45. She came back with €35 for 6 months and €45 for the next 6 months. So I am paying the same as last year. My BB is technically 40mb more (240mb) and I now have free mobile calls. Realistically I use wifi, so BB is only 50mb. I am not happy, but willing to accept the deal. I could have pushed for a little more, but having been on the hunt for car insurance as well, I just took the offer. I think I lose the horizon box, which is a bit of a hassle. I will be able to stream TV. My TV is internet ready, so this might work. But I will more than likely get freesat and saorview box installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

It probably not the thread but my UPC is up for renewal and to be honest the sooner I get that piece of crap Horizon box out the door the better.....

I would keep the internet/phone with UPC but cant see myself getting any sort of deal,

Has anyone got any deals from Sky?

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Has anyone got any deals from Sky?

There is a separate thread for them in BA, have a look back the last few pages. Should be there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

goz83 wrote: »
    I rang to see if they would offer me better than they were offering the other day. They were offering half price for 6 months on the max deal, in a 12 month contract. I declined, as that would cost
    (42.5 x 6) 255
    (85 x 6) 510
    Total = €770

For me, that's too much, considering I paid approx. €480 for the max package last year.

I asked what she could do for me if I dropped the TV portion. She tried to sell me the BB+Phone plan for €45 until I pointed out that it was €25 for 4 months on their website, before going up to €45. She came back with €35 for 6 months and €45 for the next 6 months. So I am paying the same as last year. My BB is technically 40mb more (240mb) and I now have free mobile calls. Realistically I use wifi, so BB is only 50mb. I am not happy, but willing to accept the deal. I could have pushed for a little more, but having been on the hunt for car insurance as well, I just took the offer. I think I lose the horizon box, which is a bit of a hassle. I will be able to stream TV. My TV is internet ready, so this might work. But I will more than likely get freesat and saorview box installed.

well done you seem to be doing better than me. I rang about my 10euro discount for 6 months and they wouldn't budge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tugboats wrote: »
    well done you seem to be doing better than me. I rang about my 10euro discount for 6 months and they wouldn't budge

threaten to cancel.. as in tell them you want to cancel right now and go through the motions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 JamieP

Hi guys,

I already posted in another thread similar to this, but encase you haven't seen it there are some options out there. If you are willing to move away from UPC then you can do Sky Ordinary Bundle for €29 and if necessary if you cancel down your UPC all together and don't get saved, you can then go back to their 120 meg BB for €40 a month with it being €20 for the first 4 months.

Look around at your options while you have the chance to cancel free of charge. Remember I think there is something like just over 20 days left for most people to notify UPC of their intent to cancel free of charge.

Tugboats wrote: »

Ring again. Tell them you know that other customers are getting much better deals and if they are insisting on ripping you off, then you're going to cancel right away. I was ready to cancel, or so the rep thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

my 12 month contract is due for renewal start of feb,have 120mb with them and phone, paying 46 p/m... whats best way to wangle a deal?:pac:
    or cancel and go with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

I've had phone and bb with UPC for about 3 years now. Current bill is 60.50 per month but that elevates to over 70 every month with mobile calls. I rang a few weeks ago about adding mobile as I saw they were now offering a mobile calls package but the guy said they werent offering this to existing customers at the moment.

Should I push for a better deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What numbers are you calling? I can't get through. Just to hd and get the hold music

ted1 wrote: »
    What numbers are you calling? I can't get through. Just to hd and get the hold music

Best to ring between 9 and 5 to get through to the loyalty team.

zweton wrote: »
    my 12 month contract is due for renewal start of feb,have 120mb with them and phone, paying 46 p/m... whats best way to wangle a deal?:pac:
    or cancel and go with someone else.

They are upping the price, so you can change now. See my earlier post for an idea of what you can get for bb+phone
    mossy464 wrote: »
    I've had phone and bb with UPC for about 3 years now. Current bill is 60.50 per month but that elevates to over 70 every month with mobile calls. I rang a few weeks ago about adding mobile as I saw they were now offering a mobile calls package but the guy said they werent offering this to existing customers at the moment.

Should I push for a better deal?

Yes, you should push for a better deal, or get rid of upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

What's this about cancelling only being free for the next 20 days? What happens after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Still no email here

dwasol wrote: »
    What's this about cancelling only being free for the next 20 days? What happens after that?
    Anyone currently tied into a 12/18 month contract would normally be charged a cancellation fee if they cancelled their services during that period, even giving 30 days notice.

The price increases give the opportunity to people currently tied in to a 12/18 month contract the right to give notice to cancel or make changes to their current products without penalty fees. This 'get-out of jail free card' is time limited: they have to act within 30 days of receiving notification from UPC of the price increase.

The 20 days left remark was an approximate estimation. If you received your notification yesterday you'd have 29 days left to give notice of cancellation, or to change/upgrade/downgrade products without being subject to penalty or downgrade fees.

After the 20 or 29 days or whatever anyone tied into a contract remains on the exact same contract (including expiry date). The only change would be an increase in their subscription as per their increase notification from UPC.

If you've already satisfied the 12/18 months you'd have automatically have continued on a 30 day rolling contract (you'd then be 'out of contract') which can be cancelled at any time regardless of price increases. You're still subject to the price increases but can cancel at any time giving 30 days notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Still no email here

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

Anyone currently tied into a 12/18 month contract would normally be charged a cancellation fee if they cancelled their services during that period, even giving 30 days notice.

The price increases give the opportunity to people currently tied in to a 12/18 month contract the right to give notice to cancel or make changes to their current products without penalty fees. This 'get-out of jail free card' is time limited: they have to act within 30 days of receiving notification from UPC of the price increase.

The 20 days left remark was an approximate estimation. If you received your notification yesterday you'd have 29 days left to give notice of cancellation, or to change/upgrade/downgrade products without being subject to penalty or downgrade fees.

After the 20 or 29 days or whatever anyone tied into a contract remains on the exact same contract (including expiry date). The only change would be an increase in their subscription as per their increase notification from UPC.

If you've already satisfied the 12/18 months you'd have automatically have continued on a 30 day rolling contract (you'd then be 'out of contract') which can be cancelled at any time regardless of price increases. You're still subject to the price increases but can cancel at any time giving 30 days notice.

I am on a 12 month contract having accepted a deal last year for half price tv and BB which comes to around €37. Ive Sky Sports on top of that which means monthly bill is currently €72. My 12 month contract is up at the end of March, if i continue on a rolling contract after this will the price remain the same or will i be reverted back to the full price of €75 plus Sky Sports. (€110)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    I am on a 12 month contract having accepted a deal last year for half price tv and BB which comes to around €37. Ive Sky Sports on top of that which means monthly bill is currently €72. My 12 month contract is up at the end of March, if i continue on a rolling contract after this will the price remain the same or will i be reverted back to the full price of €75 plus Sky Sports. (€110)

Thanks

You will revert back to normal prices, the discounts are only valid for the year and must be re-negotiated, however with the new bundles they are pushing, I doubt any discounts can be acquired for the legacy accounts, maybe a better deal if you go with new bundle, although for me Horizon is brutal so am staying as I am.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Approx 10mins on the phone, offered and accepted:

Half-price Digital Max for 6months

Then 6 months at my current price of €80

No discount on Setanta, in fact that increases to €19 from €16

Just of the phone,

Got top package for 6 months for 53, then it goes up to 96 (85 +11 for multiroom)

Multiroom used to be only a fiver, that's some increase.

The new package includes unlimited mobiles so I should save money there as my house has a really bad reception and I often call mobiles from the landline.

She was only offering me ten euros off till I mentioned that eircom where offering me a better deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just of the phone,

Got top package for 6 months for 53, then it goes up to 96 (85 +11 for multiroom)

Multiroom used to be only a fiver, that's some increase.

The new package includes unlimited mobiles so I should save money there as my house has a really bad reception and I often call mobiles from the landline.

She was only offering me ten euros off till I mentioned that eircom where offering me a better deal

Who did ya ring? The loyalty line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Approx 10mins on the phone, offered and accepted:

Half-price Digital Max for 6months

Then 6 months at my current price of €80

No discount on Setanta, in fact that increases to €19 from €16

is this moving to Horizon or do you have old box and getting new deals?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Who did ya ring? The loyalty line?

Yes the 061272190 number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yes the 061272190 number

Nice one.

I had 120mb BB package with 150mins for all phone calls. Costing me 45 a month. 18 month contract and 6 months into it now. Will give them a call and tell them I'm cancelling due to the new pay structure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Hi all,
    I was only offered the 4 months half price ... rep told me it was same as new customers, didn't try to pretend it was anything special.

For the people who got 6 mths half price, did you ask or was it offered ?

Ta,
    F.

Advertisement