Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Work Tomorrow?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I've been on holidays for almost 2 weeks (except for two days where I was glad to go in and get away from the nosebag).

I'm glad to go back tomorrow, the trick is to have something to look forward to during the week, could be as simple as an episode from a box set, a walk whatever.

If you're going straight into the salads, no booze, walking up a mountain in the wind and rain regime .....well you're in for a world of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hoping you are joking....

He's essentially a fictional construct.

Anyway, this is like concentrated Sunday after a few days off, Sunday cubed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I didn't wake up til almost midday or after for most of the last 2 weeks. Bloody dreading tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Although I've been back a week, today just seems so depressing for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

cml387 wrote: »
    Can't wait. See all my pals, have the crack. Spring is coming.

Thank god Christmas is over.

There's a grand stretch in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Am I the only lunatic looking forward to going back to work? (I was in one day and in call two but properly back tomorrow).

I'm looking forward to routine! Though I've no doubt getting up at 6:30 Will be hard as I've been sleeping til 8 most mornings :D

Been sick all of Christmas so **** work, I want my Christmas break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Hasn't the holidays dragged in?

Just shows working makes life pass you by so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hmmm wrote: »
    There isn't a slicepan or litre of milk to be had tonight as the culchies return en masse and descend on the shops.

Nobody buys milk or bread on a Sunday night, the fresh stuff will be in tomorrow morn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

cml387 wrote: »
    Can't wait. See all my pals, have the crack. Spring is coming.

Thank god Christmas is over.

100% agreed.
    Normality, reality, and sobriety. Ahhhh how I've missed all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

Aineoil wrote: »
    .......90% of the work pals are sound but it's the 10% that rule the roost where I work. So we shut up and let them rule.

We shouldn't but in a bizarre way it makes life easier.

Is that not difficult? I was censored once in a part-time job when I lost my cool and called the boss woman a bitter f***ing tyrant. It did not go down well - but they had no one else to do weekends so I was grand. She stared me down with puckered lips for the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I was in last Friday and also on the 22nd/23rd - saving my leave for later (starts in September). Ah I remember the year I came back to work pretty pissed off only to be told I had 10 days leave accrued and had to take 5 of them immediately...I don't think my boss had even finished the sentence before I was roaring out of the car park :pac:

Tilly wrote: »
    Nope I'm looking forward to going back too. I'm also looking forward to getting back into healthy eating habits and TRX.

Same!

I spent most of the day cooking food for the week. Proper running back tomorrow and proper gym sessions back Tuesday. 2lb put on over Christmas, not too bad at all, but it'll be gone by this day next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I don't mind going back to work, I'm just dreading the sound of the alarm :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm not back till the 19th :D ahhh the joys :D

/smug face

Get out or it will be more than your pickles that be toasted.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

College student off until the last week of January...absolute bliss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I was off since Xmas eve and the break was brilliant and much needed too. I played computer games, I watched movies, did some hobbies and things I enjoyed, went for walks and all that was great. I don't get time for much throughout a working week so the time off was very great. My routine is all up in the air too. I've been going to bed late at around 2 or 3 am and rising for about 11 or midday and I'm back to an 8 am start tomorrow. I'll have to try and get into bed for about 11 or midnight. I hope I don't sleep out the alarm in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Same!

I spent most of the day cooking food for the week. Proper running back tomorrow and proper gym sessions back Tuesday. 2lb put on over Christmas, not too bad at all, but it'll be gone by this day next week!

Me too, was delighted it was only 2lb. But I did keep my running up over the break. Mr P put in half a stone - he's not amused. Mostly drinking.

I'm looking forward to some different faces and catching up - I'm fortunate to work with people I quite like (well most of the time) and there's possibly a new position opening up for me so it's all positive for January. Not looking forward to being skint all month though. But I feel rested and recharged so it shouldn't be dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

All through my working life, I always had the Sunday Night Syndrome!

But no more. I am probably a fossil to all you lot, but I worked my 38 years, (some of you are probably only half or a little more than that age now) started in Woolworths in Grafton Street at 14 yrs on Saturdays, always worked the Summer holliers, and went straight to full time work in CS after Leaving Cert. (Lucky to get LC in those days too yay)

SOOOOO fek the lot of ye, I took early retirement, so every day is a Saturday for me now!

Sorry, I know some like the routine of work, some like to be off.

I'm so happy now. Every day is an adventure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I lost weight over Christmas which happens every bloody Christmas for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Worked a sat morning in December (7am till 11am) on the promise of tomorrow off. Thank feck. I just need one more day!

Been off since tue 23rd. Nice break, dreading going back. Just need a change but the job is too close and convenient to look elsewhere. Eeeuuugghhhhh!

Plus I chipped a tooth on Thursday. Need to see a dentist tomorrow. That's gonna hurt... My pocket.

Happy new year me hole!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

All through my working life, I always had the Sunday Night Syndrome!

But no more. I am probably a fossil to all you lot, but I worked my 38 years, (some of you are probably only half or a little more than that age now) started in Woolworths in Grafton Street at 14 yrs on Saturdays, always worked the Summer holliers, and went straight to full time work in CS after Leaving Cert. (Lucky to get LC in those days too yay)

SOOOOO fek the lot of ye, I took early retirement, so every day is a Saturday for me now!

Sorry, I know some like the routine of work, some like to be off.

I'm so happy now. Every day is an adventure.

I can't wait for my retirement. The age went up recently to 68 so I need to wait another 37 years or so for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Back a week today, glad of it to be honest,

Its not that bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I went back on the 26th :'( taking a long weekend off for my birthday though next weekend, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I lost weight over Christmas which happens every bloody Christmas for some reason

We can never be friends!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Back to school tomorrow, I remember when it used the be the 7th!

Can't believe Christmas is over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

That used to also happen to me until last year. Probably because I worked in a bar for 5 years, and we were so busy that I never had time to eat! Think this year I put on about 2kg over Christmas. I never anticipated that working in an office would involve so many baked good/sweets/selection boxes etc being offered to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Can someone make it all go the fcuk away please..

PS, wake me up next Christmas eve...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I can't wait for my retirement. The age went up recently to 68 so I need to wait another 37 years or so for it.

Nice to have something to look forward to....

Theme tune to Last of the Summer Wine plays in background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Aye, but not till 1 in the afternoon. Few hours to chill before the rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Shoot me.

Advertisement