Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Work Tomorrow?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

All I really want to do is have intense conversations with strangers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Thanks, and I don't take it for granted either.

Those were the T+Cs for me, and that's the way it is.

But remember, during my working life I also paid for the pensions of everyone, and the dole, and the medical cards and all the rest of it. Happily did so, though I had no choice!.

I knew my day would come.

Happy Mondays to you all.

In fairness your posts come off as smug to say the very least, gloating would be more the word.
    Private sector workers pay taxes towards all of the above and very few get to retire at 50 odd.
    Also, a lot of private sector workers got MASSIVELY screwed over on pensions so their retirement is, well finding another job at times

And people wonder at why the public sector aren't liked? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Flaccus wrote: »
    Accentuate the positive and enhance you calm :)

Ah no - it's grand. Totally happy. Just complaining 'cause... sleep be missing. My calm is accentuated and my positivity is bouncing all ovet the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Smidge wrote: »
    In fairness your posts come off as smug to say the very least, gloating would be more the word.
    Private sector workers pay taxes towards all of the above and very few get to retire at 50 odd.
    Also, a lot of private sector workers got MASSIVELY screwed over on pensions so their retirement is, well finding another job at times

And people wonder at why the public sector aren't liked? :rolleyes:

Chillax ! Your day will come too !

sugarman wrote: »
    Ah, leave the old man alone

By all means, enjoy it man....but the tone was gloating and sneering.
    Not doing his PS brethren any service tbh.

No-one likes the person to say "Nah-Nah-Nah Na-Na Look at me...Im retired at 50 odd and you dumb fukcers are still grafting"

Its not cool.
    He could have phrased it another way but wanted to rub peoples nose in the usual Public/Private sector crap.

• Advertisement

Chillax ! Your day will come too !

When Im 70 odd and blind as fukc and peeing like a sprinkler that has been left out in the sun and is riddled with holes.
    Not a vivacious 50 something ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not looking forward to it but mainly because I offered to go last Tuesday but couldn't make it because I was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm not looking forward to it but mainly because I offered to go last Tuesday but couldn't make it because I was sick.

Given your user name posters will ask if you were, in fact, hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm not back in college until the 19th. Already dreading the 1pm starts on Mondays. :(

I'm only up now because I get a real kick out of watching proper people heading off to work, looking all miserable. No, I'm actually up because I'm trying to 'reset' my sleeping pattern by doing that "staying awake all night, and then going to bed early the next night" thing that never works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

How can someone retire as early as 50 in the public sector? I assumed the people on this thread who took early retirement had built up their own successful businesses.
    An admin clerk in the public sector wouldn't be in a position to retire that early I'd say.
    Although my dad retired at 60 (public sector - technical not admin).
    Pwindedd wrote: »
    I don't understand this rush to retirement if I'm honest. I can do all the things I want and still work. In fact working makes my holidays and time off all the more enjoyable. But that's just me, I want to work for as long as possible
    I feel that way tbh (might feel different in 30 years though) but I'd take Mondays off. Part-time would be the ideal IMO.

• Advertisement

It's been so long since I had to set an alarm that the bloody thing is after frightening the bejaysus out of me!

Its depressing having to go back into work today.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Heigh ho, heigh ho.......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Alarm went off at 6.10 ugh. Train now plus Ca change...

I was working from home over Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Woke up 20mins before alarm and not tired at all. Must be the novelty?
    Also have my trainers with me for a bit of a walk after work, but that may be terribly optimistic...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I slept okay! The worse night of the week over!

I find Monday night to be the worst night RE sleep for the commuter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

How can someone retire as early as 50 in the public sector? I assumed the people on this thread who took early retirement had built up their own successful businesses.
    An admin clerk in the public sector wouldn't be in a position to retire that early I'd say.
    Although my dad retired at 60 (public sector - technical not admin).

I feel that way tbh (might feel different in 30 years though) but I'd take Mondays off. Part-time would be the ideal IMO.

A lot have been offered early retirement with various packages to try sort out the mess that is the public sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Such a bad nights sleep and a wagon of a boss to look forward to. Next few weeks gonna be tough!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Blingy wrote: »
    Such a bad nights sleep and a wagon of a boss to look forward to. Next few weeks gonna be tough!!!

Same as! Had to get up again at 1am and go watch TV for an hour. Couldn't get to sleep at all last night and the alarm was set for 7am this morning. It was 3am the last time I checked the clock before I eventually conked out.

Sh1t start to the new working year....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

"Am in denial"???

How hard would "I'm in denial" have been?

Is that your natural disposition or your "Monday Morning first day back after Christmas" one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I slept in everyday since the 23rd, a good 10 hours a night, and I'm shattered getting up at 7.30 this morning. I've given my body over 3 nights extra sleep over two weeks and this is how it repays me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Was back last week. So I'll be smug about the worst being over for me and also it gets better guys

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I envy you people that have 2 weeks holidays. Ive been working all over new years......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is it natural or even good for us to be woken up from a sleep?

Surely our ancestors woke naturally.

All this can't be good for our health and sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's great to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Given your user name posters will ask if you were, in fact, hungover.
    No, I wasn't. This time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Of course I was late and I'm grning like a trooper but it's good to be back... Although I'm envious of the cat, who is almost certainly asleep in my bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And as expected I forgot my computer password so am now waiting for help desk to get back to me with a new one...

Advertisement