Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Work Tomorrow?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lia_lia wrote: »
    That used to also happen to me until last year. Probably because I worked in a bar for 5 years, and we were so busy that I never had time to eat! Think this year I put on about 2kg over Christmas. I never anticipated that working in an office would involve so many baked good/sweets/selection boxes etc being offered to me...

I also worked a bit during Christmas but not a whole lot but still I ate like a whale. I had three full plates of Christmas dinner as well as two desserts. That was repeated most days and of course I ate my way through numerous boxes of biscuits and chocolates. Plus a savage amount of drink. I think the more I eat the more my body turns into a furnace and just destroys every bit of food :pac:. I thought a while ago that I must have worms or something but it's not the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I can't wait for my retirement. The age went up recently to 68 so I need to wait another 37 years or so for it.

Sorry to hear that.

Although I was one of those hated Civil Servants, I worked my way up to Assistant Principal one. Got a degree or two on the way, and retired in mid 50s.

Say what you like about us PS, I don't care, I did my bit for my country, and I'm happy out now!

Where is that Ryanair website FGS, and where will I go now!

It's all before ya. Trick is, get out if you can before you have to, and can afford to.

Remember, I was working when I was fourteen years old. Don't think mummy or daddy would let the sprogs out to do that now! Too many "tablets" and games is the problem, together with protecting the little babbies!

So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Am I the only lunatic looking forward to going back to work? (I was in one day and in call two but properly back tomorrow).

I'm looking forward to routine! Though I've no doubt getting up at 6:30 Will be hard as I've been sleeping til 8 most mornings :D

Me too (except for the morning thing). Flying back in the earlyness tomorrow, but can't wait to get back and kick ass this year (work-wise).

Can't believe the holidays are over though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I work part-time so I'm not back until Wednesday but I do plan to be up early tomorrow to make the most of the day. I find January to be a bit of a depressing month.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I work part-time so I'm not back until Wednesday but I do plan to be up early tomorrow to make the most of the day. I find January to be a bit of a depressing month.

It's a great month. The nights are getting brighter by a few minutes every day now.

Bills come in and no money I know, but feck, it's a new year, and so many possibilities wink at us.

Just giving the positive vibe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Sorry to hear that.

Although I was one of those hated Civil Servants, I worked my way up to Assistant Principal one. Got a degree or two on the way, and retired in mid 50s.

Say what you like about us PS, I don't care, I did my bit for my country, and I'm happy out now!

Where is that Ryanair website FGS, and where will I go now!

It's all before ya. Trick is, get out if you can before you have to, and can afford to.

Remember, I was working when I was fourteen years old. Don't think mummy or daddy would let the sprogs out to do that now! Too many "tablets" and games is the problem, together with protecting the little babbies!

So there.
    Well some of us have to work to keep your massive pension alive:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

All through my working life, I always had the Sunday Night Syndrome!

But no more. I am probably a fossil to all you lot, but I worked my 38 years, (some of you are probably only half or a little more than that age now) started in Woolworths in Grafton Street at 14 yrs on Saturdays, always worked the Summer holliers, and went straight to full time work in CS after Leaving Cert. (Lucky to get LC in those days too yay)

SOOOOO fek the lot of ye, I took early retirement, so every day is a Saturday for me now!

Sorry, I know some like the routine of work, some like to be off.

I'm so happy now. Every day is an adventure.

Retired too , you know!!. Every day is a new day...........now, where will I go next week for some sunshine?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

I had just the four days off. But retirement is now a mere fifteen years away.

yipeeeee wrote: »

Precisely! However your day will come to................;)

I had just the four days off. But retirement is now a mere fifteen years away.

Hang in there man, 15 years a mere blink of an eye :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Hang in there man, 15 years a mere blink of an eye :)

The two boys will be thirty and twenty seven so there could be grandkids to spoil by than which is something to look forward to.

yipeeeee wrote: »

Thanks, and I don't take it for granted either.

Those were the T+Cs for me, and that's the way it is.

But remember, during my working life I also paid for the pensions of everyone, and the dole, and the medical cards and all the rest of it. Happily did so, though I had no choice!.

I knew my day would come.

Happy Mondays to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wofias8

newbee22 wrote: »
    I don't mind going back to work, I'm just dreading the sound of the alarm :mad:

Jaysus! I nearly forgot to turn on my alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I don't understand this rush to retirement if I'm honest. I can do all the things I want and still work. In fact working makes my holidays and time off all the more enjoyable. But that's just me, I want to work for as long as possible, it gives me a reason to get up in the morning, a sense of purpose.

I've seen quite a few retirees age visibly and go downhill quite quickly without an occupation to busy them. I think as long as you have lots of interests and a good social life it's a good thing. I might also change my mind when the time comes so we'll see what happens. I would consider maybe going part-time if that option is available to me. I'm certainly not wishing the years away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Although I've been back a week, today just seems so depressing for some reason.

I agree, I was in last week but it was quiet. Tomorrow everyone will be back and its a full week. The noisy staff who make their presence felt will be back too. i tate sharing an office with so many people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Pwindedd wrote: »
    I don't understand this rush to retirement if I'm honest. I can do all the things I want and still work. In fact working makes my holidays and time off all the more enjoyable. But that's just me, I want to work for as long as possible, it gives me a reason to get up in the morning, a sense of purpose.

I've seen quite a few retirees age visibly and go downhill quite quickly without an occupation to busy them. I think as long as you have lots of interests and a good social life it's a good thing. I might also change my mind when the time comes so we'll see what happens. I would consider maybe going part-time if that option is available to me. I'm certainly not wishing the years away though.

I dread the thoughts of retirement. Hopefully I have a fortune put away at that age and a few businesses running so I can actually keep an interest in stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Mr_Muffin wrote:
    If you call having to get out of bed to collect my dole work then yeah, I'm back to work tomorrow.

chin up muffin man , hope something comes up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I have to get up at 5.15 to walk to get a 6.15 bus to catch a 10.30 flight and then a train to get back to work in the UK for about lunchtime.

This would all be fine, and I would have been asleep two hours ago, if there weren't a gorgeous Spanish lass whom I met on New Year's Eve texting me now asking me to meet up for a "walk" before I catch my bus. If she didn't have a boyfriend, I'd probably book another flight and stay for another day and try for my first beso in months.

SIGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

sugarman wrote: »
    Absolutely DREADING the morning, been off since 22nd and have severely fecked up my sleep pattern over that time. I'm up in 4hrs and haven't slept a wink yet.

Same here, can't afford to sleep now :(
    I will be knackered by the evening but at least it will help reset my sleep patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

have had no proper sleep, tomorrow will be rough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sugarman wrote: »
    Absolutely DREADING the morning, been off since 22nd and have severely fecked up my sleep pattern over that time. I'm up in 4hrs and haven't slept a wink yet.

Same here, off since the 17th and back in 4 hours. I'm used to staying up till 4.30-5am and getting up at 11am. That's my natural sleeping pattern. Having to get up at 5.30 is going to kill me, not tired enough to sleep yet. Trying some warm milk here and it's not helping much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Yep. Fecked myself over with getting used to late nights. About to jump in the shower. Feel like I'm about to die.

Relax folks...........!

Listen to some light music and unwind.

Once you are back in your workplace it will be fine.

One day at a time!!!!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Fortunately I am not back till the 12th which is why i am posting at 3.50am. Still have the Christmas tree and decorations up. Am in denial.

Yep. Fecked myself over with getting used to late nights. About to jump in the shower. Feel like I'm about to die.

Relax......

Try a little mindfulness before you head off.

Just focus on yourself, you are the most important thing in your world.

Live in the Now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I would do nothing over Christmas and then take ecstacy the day before I have to get up in the morning. I'll still be bouncing off the walls when the alarm goes off.

It is all a state of mind! ( Alistair Campbell)

Sure it is really the first working day of the New Year.

It too will pass.

Relax and go with the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Accentuate the positive and enhance you calm :)

Chloris wrote: »
    I would do nothing over Christmas and then take ecstacy the day before I have to get up in the morning. I'll still be bouncing off the walls when the alarm goes off.

Chill......

Relax....

Today will pass also.

Just help get your mind to focus and relaxed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Back to work tomorrow and raring to go. Have enjoyed the break, and feel emotionally and physically refreshed. I've spent the last few days thinking about the goals and milestones I hope to reach in 2015. We have a team meeting in the morning, and I've a number of suggestions that I'm going to put forward about how we can be more responsive and productive in the next year. The IT guys are going to have a busy January if some of them get the green light!
    It will be a tough goal to be more responsive and productive. The service in McDonalds is generally extremely quick, so to improve on that would be some achievement.

Advertisement