Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Work Tomorrow?

Options
12346»

Comments

I like having holidays in October or thereabouts, after everyone has been on theirs and I head off somewhere warm :D

This year I have to take holidays in June because of two weddings a week apart that aren't in Ireland. I went into this year with 27 days to take \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Now that the first full working week of the year is over, it's just felt like every other week. Things are back to normal, and it seems like we were never off. The only things are people still being wished a Happy New Year, or being asked how their Christmas went. There's the odd complaint of "oh, Christmas was too short." Really? These are from those that got the full two weeks off. Well, think of those there that had to work a couple of days both weeks, or elsewhere that had to work over the festive period. I love my job, but in the industry I'm in, our place doesn't close for the two or so weeks. So, Christmas has to be booked off, which wasn't possible in my case.

I didn't miss the traffic, even though my commute is fairly short. The M50 is horrendous in the mornings. Worse the last few weeks than it has ever been, in my view. And, Monday morning, I was already being riled by drivers skipping to the front of lengthy queues. I guess I've been used to my alarm going off early, apart from Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, that weekend and New Years Day when I actually got lovely lie-ins. I'll be sure to book a couple of days off this Christmas, though, unless I'm 'needed,' if the same few take their two or so weeks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

First week over and I have to admit that getting out of bed in the morning was not easy! My brain seems to have frozen over the holidays too, wasn't performing to the best of my abilities! Glad to be back to the routine though :)

Advertisement