Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

1-3 sounds like it has been dropped tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Anyone else having an problems with there OnePlus One?

I bought the 64gb Sandstone Black version and there's a few issues I've noticed.

1: There is 1 damaged pixel on the very top left of the screen
    2: There is a chip taken out of the bezel at the top (some chrome is missing)
    3: The camera rattles when you move the phone (seems internal)
    4: When using the keypad after every 3 or 4 taps it makes a weird sound in addition to it's vibration (it's like a tone)
    5: When recording video of any quality or length every 2 seconds or so there's a sound (it's blip, blip, blip)
    6: Camera quality is excellent however the colours are way off (everything is really dull and pale)
    7: It keeps thinking headphones are plugged in when they are not (I haven't inserted headphones to the phone at all yet)
    8: Music stops after about 45 seconds, so I have to go play it again and then skip to after 45seconds to listen to the rest of the song (7 & 8 seems to be isolated to google play music (I may delete this app)

Anyone experiencing similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

maximoose wrote: »
    1-3 sounds like it has been dropped tbh.

Cheers, it's been like that since I've taken it out of the box. So either it was damaged during shipping or Parcel Motel damaged it in delivery to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

How do I buy one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

go to oneplus.net
    order
    send to either parcel motel or mailbox.de
    wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

daytob wrote: »
    go to oneplus.net
    order
    send to either parcel motel or mailbox.de
    wait.

Do I order from the uk website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Do I order from the uk website?
    Yes for parcel motel.
    For mailbox.de its the german / eu site

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Just started using mine today. So far no problems and im loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aidan!!

Aidan!! wrote: »
    Okay so I went ahead and bought it. There is a German mail-forwarding service which is quite reasonably priced. That way I could pay for it in Euro and save a tonne. The Phone + accessories + shipping was cheaper than way than paying in £ for the phone alone.

Can't wait to get my hands on it
    Mailboxde.com

I ordered mine on the 29 of november and shipping status is still on "Pending Shipment".
    I had an invite but I'm pretty sure I still bought it through their black friday offer, so it might be pending for a while still.

So it reached Germany on Thursday and it left Germany at some stage today. Hope to get it before the new year, either way I'm super excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

So it reached Germany on Thursday and it left Germany at some stage today. Hope to get it before the new year, either way I'm super excited :D

You won't be disappointed ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Snip
    PM for invite if you are gonna actually buy it!

Surprised nobody wants an invite, got three of them still valid for 4 days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

arleitiss wrote: »
    Surprised nobody wants an invite, got three of them still valid for 4 days.

Did you try offering them out on the invite thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I've been on the verge of bying one for a week or so now but I'm really put off by the fact that you cannot insure them because they're not available to buy in Ireland. Anyone find a way to insure these phones in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

I've got three invites available also. I put them on the Invite Thread put no takers so far. If anyone is interested just PM me - three days left on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I'll take one - pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Looking for an invite if anyone has one please? :)

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Looking for an invite if anyone has one please? :)

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

amazing phone but an absolute nightmare trying to get drivers installed for this in order to unlock and root, ive tried on numerous computers from windows xp to windows 8.1 and just cannot seem to get drivers to install, have downloaded loads of different drivers and tried numerous different methods to no avail.

2 1/2 months after getting this and im still bootloader locked and unrooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

jonnny68 wrote: »
    amazing phone but an absolute nightmare trying to get drivers installed for this in order to unlock and root, ive tried on numerous computers from windows xp to windows 8.1 and just cannot seem to get drivers to install, have downloaded loads of different drivers and tried numerous different methods to no avail.

2 1/2 months after getting this and im still bootloader locked and unrooted.

Use this guide

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

I did yesterday and it took about 15 minutes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

thanks but i think ive tried something similar already and no luck.

ill end up asking some randomer if they'll unlock the bootloader on their pc for me and ill give them the price of s pint or two.

Some photos of long exposure mode, up to 60 seconds.
    2qb4uuq.jpg
    25z3r10.jpg
    jf80no.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

davidod1 wrote: »
    I've got three invites available also. I put them on the Invite Thread put no takers so far. If anyone is interested just PM me - three days left on them.

I`ll take one if still available .

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

All my Invites gone.
    Check out thread 'Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post' there are still Invites being posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Ok so how are people ordering these once they get the invite? I can ship it to my sister in England to avoid the parcel motel route.
    But their UK page offers a terrible rate on sterling to euro. Tried the German page which gives a better rate but won't allow postage to the UK.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fructus

Brego888 wrote: »
    Ok so how are people ordering these once they get the invite? I can ship it to my sister in England to avoid the parcel motel route.
    But their UK page offers a terrible rate on sterling to euro. Tried the German page which gives a better rate but won't allow postage to the UK.
    Any ideas?

Sadly you just have to deal with it, But i think most banks do a much better rate so check you bank. I know I paid in Pounds and let the bank deal with it because it was a much better rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fructus

I have AN Invite to buy the oneplus one, PM me for it if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emhop

I have a stupid question. I have looked through the tread and could only find certain networks listed.. Will the phone work with Three network. I know O2 is listed but they are owned by Three now right? I have an iphone now and want to get away from Apple so hoping to get this phone soon. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

emhop wrote: »
    I have a stupid question. I have looked through the tread and could only find certain networks listed.. Will the phone work with Three network. I know O2 is listed but they are owned by Three now right? I have an iphone now and want to get away from Apple so hoping to get this phone soon. Thanks!!
    I'm on Three and am using the OPO on that Network for the past Month. No issues fantastic device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 emhop

dunleas wrote: »
    I'm on Three and am using the OPO on that Network for the past Month. No issues fantastic device.

Great, thanks a mill!

Advertisement