Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Two options, buy it in sterling for £269 and use parcel motel, skywalker mentions above this equates to €395 with Paypals even ****ier conversion. Other option is buy in euro by setting the flag on the website to Germany and get delivered to mailboxde, basically a German equivalent of parcel motel. Phone is €300 plus 15 postage to mailboxde who'll quote you to get it to Ireland from there(probably another 15 making it 330 all in). Probable turn around of slightly more than a week with the uk parcel motel option but double or more from Germany, price difference is substantial though.

Ordered mine on Tuesday via mailboxde, still waiting on it to be shipped by Oneplus, they say it can take 8-10 business days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Ordered mine on Tuesday via mailboxde, still waiting on it to be shipped by Oneplus, they say it can take 8-10 business days

Let us know how that turns out for you please! :)

I see the site now has Ireland listed under "Is the OnePlus One available in my country?"

Has this changed since the other day? If so did anyone order direct off them yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Let us know how that turns out for you please! :)

finally shipped today from UK to Germany, guessing I'll have it end of next week latest, though as per above mailboxde is probably now redundant as can be ordered direct from Ireland...should've waited a week longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Meanaspie wrote: »
    finally shipped today from UK to Germany, guessing I'll have it end of next week latest, though as per above mailboxde is probably now redundant as can be ordered direct from Ireland...should've waited a week longer

Ordered mine yesterday and still pending but on the plus side, pardon the pun, getting delivered to Ireland hopefully have it next week:D

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah it changed yesterday, and I also bought one yesterday. €318.99 delivered for the 64gb.

awww I missed it. I will pick one up next Tues unless I find an invite in the mean time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't connect to mobile networks on my oneplus one? I was on o2 but I'm now on 3 due to the two networks merging. I have some feeling it's something to do with APNs because my APNs are still o2. When I turn on mobile networks and then go into about phone it tells me they are disconnected. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

CathalK182 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't connect to mobile networks on my oneplus one? I was on o2 but I'm now on 3 due to the two networks merging. I have some feeling it's something to do with APNs because my APNs are still o2. When I turn on mobile networks and then go into about phone it tells me they are disconnected. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated thanks.

Did you try change your settings and/or are selecting 3 IRL? From a network point of view your still on the o2 network as they haven't really merged. You should be selecting O2 IRL or 3 as network(not 3 IRL). My apn settings are still O2 Ireland, maybe google those settings and double check them against your phone?

Did you try change your settings and/or are selecting 3 IRL? From a network point of view your still on the o2 network as they haven't really merged. You should be selecting O2 IRL or 3 as network(not 3 IRL). My apn settings are still O2 Ireland, maybe google those settings and double check them against your phone?

I've Googled the settings and they are the same I think. My phone says I'm on 3 even if I select o2 IRL. Any chance you could send on your apn settings if it's not too much hassle?

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that but mine are the exact same and it doesn't seem to work. I don't know what's wrong. Can you go to 'about phone' and then 'status' and tell me what's there as far as 'mobile network state'. Make sure to not include your phone number in the screen shot. Thanks for your help

Thanks for that but mine are the exact same and it doesn't seem to work. I don't know what's wrong. Can you go to 'about phone' and then 'status' and tell me what's there as far as 'mobile network state'. Make sure to not include your phone number in the screen shot. Thanks for your help

Showing as connected, not sure what else to suggest.

Showing as connected, not sure what else to suggest.

That's where my problem is. Mine says 'data : out of service' and 'network type: unknown'. I still don't know how to fix it but thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Did you by any chance change to Oxygen OS? Data didnt work on it for me.

fionny wrote: »
    Did you by any chance change to Oxygen OS? Data didnt work on it for me.

No I'm on cyanogen os12 but I noticed that it wasn't working at first when I was on cm11s.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 36 booboonumber9

Hi Guys

I'm having trouble with my emails since changing to CM12. I can receive mails to my eircom account, but not send. I've changed the outgoing info to mail-relay.3ireland.ie, same as it was for cm11s, but its not connecting to server. :-(

I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem to me:
    Today I checked my Wi-Fi data usage for the month. Apparently a guest user has used over 14gb of data in the last month the majority of it being background data. To my knowledge nobody else has been using my phone and I wasn't using the guest mode.
    I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this as I am baffled as to why this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem to me:
    Today I checked my Wi-Fi data usage for the month. Apparently a guest user has used over 14gb of data in the last month the majority of it being background data. To my knowledge nobody else has been using my phone and I wasn't using the guest mode.
    I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this as I am baffled as to why this has happened.

Hiya, I'd say you've left your hotspot on and some's taken advantage of it (maybe you didn't set a password).
    I'll be honest here and often search for unprotected wifi hotspots to avail of free wifi whenever I can.
    Maybe its your neighbour, someone on the bus you catch, or someone you work with.

Just keep your wifi hotspot turned off when you're not using it - it drains your battery anyway - and set a password for it.

Auscast wrote: »
    Hiya, I'd say you've left your hotspot on and some's taken advantage of it (maybe you didn't set a password).
    I'll be honest here and often search for unprotected wifi hotspots to avail of free wifi whenever I can.
    Maybe its your neighbour, someone on the bus you catch, or someone you work with.

Just keep your wifi hotspot turned off when you're not using it - it drains your battery anyway - and set a password for it.

Thanks for answering but I don't think that's the problem. It was my first thought as well but I've checked and my hot-spot is turned off.

Is the guest account selected under users?

• Advertisement

Is the guest account selected under users?

I am not using a guest profile no, but when I went into the guest profile I asked did I want to continue my session but I don't think I have ever used the guest mode before.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Says it's €348 to buy from Ireland, and the same price from French and German sites... Should that be the case or how do you get the cheaper price?

May even be in France at some point so if it worked out cheaper I'd probably hold off buying it 'til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I hope this doesnt come across as condescending but Ireland, Germany and France all use the euro and thats the euro price, so I doubt you will find either country cheaper than Ireland

Nah not at all, it's just I looked at the last couple of pages and people were talking about getting the 64GB one delivered through Germany for €300 or €318 or something, cheaper than the Irish price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

*alarm* wakelocks all over the place, i have blocked them so lets see hwo the battery goes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

oseia wrote: »
    Nah not at all, it's just I looked at the last couple of pages and people were talking about getting the 64GB one delivered through Germany for €300 or €318 or something, cheaper than the Irish price anyway.

that was a while ago, they upped the price in mid-March I believe, due to the exchange rates being unfavourable.

Ah grand, that solves that confusion so, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

daytob wrote: »
    I hope this doesnt come across as condescending but Ireland, Germany and France all use the euro and thats the euro price, so I doubt you will find either country cheaper than Ireland

But, surely different VAT rates might make for a different price, no?

D.

Bumping a somewhat old thread, because I'm considering buying the OnePlus One.

People that own it - what makes it so good? What is the battery life like on them - imagining heavy use & GPS turned on? The phone I have now the Huawei G620S is very basic, with a pretty awful battery life and tends to get quite sluggish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Anyone know how to answer calls with quick responses? I only seem to have the option to answer or hangup and don't have the option above to send a text message on cyanogen 12.1

Advertisement