Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

I was always kinda hoping that this guy was John Teller. He had a bike, and when he bumped into Gemma, she looked at him and said "do i know you?"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YCWIrBFTz3Y/TqlZi7FbMiI/AAAAAAAACPI/8DXoGzSQSuE/s1600/LincolnPotter.jpg

Not to mention he looks like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

I started watching this from the start and loved it thought it lost it's way during season 4. an dI wanted to give up on it.
    Unfortunatley my GF liked it so I was obliged to watch it till the end.

It was dire. unbelieveable scenarios, crimes without consequences.

Clay was believeable as this biker criminal, jak wasn't.

anyway it was sh!t. can't believe the same lad wrote the shield as this muck.

a waste of a good concept

I started watching this from the start and loved it thought it lost it's way during season 4.
    Unfortunatley my GF liked it so I was obliged to watch it till the end.

It was dire. unbelieveable scenarios, crimes without consequences.

Clay was believeable as thsi biker criminal, jak wasn't.

anyway it was sh!t. can't believe the same lad wrote the shield as this muck.

a waste of a good concept

Same as me actually. It started pissing me off with the amount of killing. I loved the whole structure of the "motor bike gang" the comradery, the old ladys.It was really explained how the leader had to be able to handle both home and club life to be a real leader. Gemma believed in that most killing her husband to keep the club alive, which is all that matters. That then all that went out the window. Not to mention how the built Jax up to be like Al Pachino godfather type leader, smarter then everybody else. Only to phuck up time and time again.

Same as me actually. It started pissing me off with the amount of killing. I loved the whole structure of the "motor bike gang" the comradery, the old ladys.It was really explained how the leader had to be able to handle both home and club life to be a real leader. Gemma believed in that most killing her husband to keep the club alive, which is all that matters. That then all that went out the window. Not to mention how the built Jax up to be like Al Pachino godfather type leader, smarter then everybody else. Only to phuck up time and time again.

yeah agree 100%

another thing that got me was they could take on anybody and win. despite the FBI classing them as a mid-strength gang in an earlier season.

In the final episode that jax could go about in his SOA cut and no mask doing his mis deeds on the final day.
    mental stuff and barosky - this super suave ex cop who ran a port and had all the cops in his pocket just happened to be mixing olives when jax walks in.
    Or Marks (this hugely powerful rich gangster) allowing himself to be got that easy.

Or my biggest laugh was mark's entire hit squad - ex special forces no less - were all lured into a trap by a mix of redneck nazi's and boozy bikers.
    stupid writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

I haven't watched The Shield yet, can somebody tell me is it definitely worth watching? Kurt Sutter comes across as a bit of a moron to me and I don't want to bother starting with it unless it's a lot better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I haven't watched The Shield yet, can somebody tell me is it definitely worth watching? Kurt Sutter comes across as a bit of a moron to me and I don't want to bother starting with it unless it's a lot better than this.
    The Shield is f*cking great, more fast paced, not massively intricate plotlines (comparative to SOA) and with an excellent ending.
    I'll be watching it all again over Christmas if all goes to plan.

Edit: It's not a Sutter show, he was a writer on it and has a small part in it. Shawn Ryan is the showrunner. If you do watch The Shield and enjoy, chack out The Unit which is another of Ryans shows. It never got a proper ending, but really enjoyable.

They should have just called the Show Nero. He stole it.

the shield is excellent.
    actually makes SOA more disappointing cos I had such high hopes for it..

*edit
    the unit was also well done - seemed to end early though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Nice to see Michael Chiklis aka Vic Mackey getting his face in on the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Nice to see Michael Chiklis aka Vic Mackey getting his face in on the last episode.

Was it bad timing/deliberate that Chiklis only appears for the show ending? the other strike team actors got more screen time with their characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

guttenberg wrote: »
    Was it bad timing/deliberate that Chiklis only appears for the show ending? the other strike team actors got more screen time with their characters.

He was in an episode earlier in the season with Gemma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Discovery channel just started a show about 1% percent bikers called devils ride week after SOA ended I caught five minutes of it.
    I thought when i saw ads it was a documentary of some sort but its more reality show
    Seemed absolutely low brow and Terrible cannot tell if its some kind of spoof or not
    then again most reality TV is fake or staged to some degree
    the bikers appear to have average IQ's of 85

Anyone one watch all of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Seemed absolutely low brow and Terrible cannot tell if its some kind of spoof or not

That's just Discovery in general. It is a far cry from what it was say 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Discovery channel just started a show about 1% percent bikers called devils ride week after SOA ended I caught five minutes of it.
    I thought when i saw ads it was a documentary of some sort but its more reality show
    then again most reality TV is fake or staged to some degree
    the bikers appear to have average IQ's of 85

Anyone one watch all of it?

The Ride is absolutely dire, it's like Sons but they expect you to believe its a reality show. Really really bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is a great series on gangs that has individual epsiodes for Hells Angels, Mongols and other 1 per cent-ers that was on History.
    Here's the Mongols one:

I picked up lots of info from these that enlightened me to little things that aren't explained in SOA in relation to clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

They are not 1%er's & do yourself a favour, don't bother, unless your into parody comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The ending was a little cheesy and inconsiderate for the truck driver, but was a near perfect way for Jax to go out. He tied up as many loose ends as he possibly could. If he didn't die, he was spending the rest of his life in prison for what he did in the final episodes. He had to take himself out.

Looking back, I'd have left out the trip to Ireland. Or at least cut it down to two or three episodes at most. Would allow the focus to be on more important things. A couple of other episodes here and there could also have been left out so I think one less season would have been about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The ending was a little cheesy and inconsiderate for the truck driver, but was a near perfect way for Jax to go out. He tied up as many loose ends as he possibly could. If he didn't die, he was spending the rest of his life in prison for what he did in the final episodes. He had to take himself out..

Why shouldn't he have ended up in prison though? Apart from severing the link between the kids and the club (which is questionable anyway) he certainly deserved the time after the crap he'd pulled. I thought he was highly justified in ending up in prison. He'd have missed out on Mr. Mayhem of course but that was an easy way out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Clareman wrote: »
    J@ysus, the guy is a former gang leader who is trying to go legit while running brothels and keeping corrupt cops happy, throw in a new relationship with a psycho woman (with family issues) and a sick child and you have 1 of the best characters going.

Specifically referring to the last season though, when he was mainly a peripheral character unfortunately.

Even with having very little to do in the last season he was excellent though, I feel you may have missed the point of what I was saying the more I think of it actually

Cracking actor, cracking character.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jax went the same way as his father, he had to go that way.

Looking back at the show, some of the best parts of it was when they were trying to protect Charming, they kind of got completely away from that for the last few series and concentrated just on the club stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

squonk wrote: »
    Why shouldn't he have ended up in prison though? Apart from severing the link between the kids and the club (which is questionable anyway) he certainly deserved the time after the crap he'd pulled. I thought he was highly justified in ending up in prison. He'd have missed out on Mr. Mayhem of course but that was an easy way out too.

Real world answer would be to ensure that's the end of the show. If Jax goes to prison, some network guys could decide to bring it back for more. With Jax dead, that's the end of the show. You can't spend that long with Jax as the main character, then change the main character to someone who was previously a secondary character. It will go down like a lead balloon. If someone does ever decide to bring it back, they can't pick up where it left off. Jax dying ensures it is over. Any future show related to Sons of Anarchy can now only be one of two things. A prequel with John Teller etc back in the early days, or a jump forward of at least 15 years to Abel getting involved. I doubt anyone would be interested in the Abel option meaning the prequel is the only option and that would be fairly limited since we know most of the details already. You would be lucky to make two seasons of it. Why would anyone bother?

Sons of Anarchy world answer would be from Jax's point of view. If he goes to prison then he has to face off with likely countless enemies on the inside. He also runs the risk of his kids finding out about him and maybe following in his footsteps. Jax dying eliminates both of those options and makes it unlikely his kids would follow in his footsteps. With Jax and Gemma both out of the picture, his kids won't have anyone pulling them towards the MC, ensuring they never become what he did. Jax deserved to go to prison for sure, but it would have left too many loose ends. Dying was the right way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Agreed. Jax needs his sons to hate the club. He needs them to hate the club, and hate him, and the way to do that is by dying as an outlaw, like he lived as one in the club. Like his being in SOA was the reason for his death.

Jax never had that when his father died because Gemma (and Clay) essentially brought him up in the club. Nero and Wendy won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Finished listening to eminem's label album he's just released recently,this particular song was doing my head in. I knew I heard it somewhere before, then it clicked, the 2nd last episode of SOA i think it was.

For anyone who enjoyed the song and scene from that episode, because I know I did, taught it was fitting to the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

nm wrote: »
    The Ride is absolutely dire, it's like Sons but they expect you to believe its a reality show. Really really bad.

+1

Absolutely terrible show & nothing 'reality' about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just got the time to finish off the season last night and this morning.

With the show since first air. Maybe I just enjoy TV series like this too much...but I never feel the level of critique so many people seem to feel for various shows. Oddly the ones that seem to be lauded (breaking bad) I find utterly garbage.

I enjoyed this start to finish and while there might have been poor bits and pieces it never took away from my overall feeling that this was a great show.

Every major death every major arc had me completely sucked on. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I tend not to ever rewatxh TV shows....but if I ever did this would be up there.

I thought the end was pretty fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The Bobby storyline just annoyed me. He went off for a whole season on a moral highground and being disgusted with how the club had become. Then in this season he is delighted going around killing even more innocent people. It made absolutely no sense unless he had a split personality we didn't know about.

So just finished watching the final three episodes and honestly it wasn't good, like the rest of the series you could have easily condensed it all down into one 50 minute episode and it would have worked far better. The final scene while fitting was more comical than anything else, the CGI was beyond woeful and looked like something out of a videogame from 1995. I can't see myself ever rewatching any of the show again and I had really hoped that Sutter would manage to do something special over the course of the finale but it was all far too familiar and mundane.

The more I think about it the more I actually hate it, the entire last episode looked and felt like some mid 90s shot on VHS and straight to video action film that thought it was dark and gritty. It looks upon first glance as if there is a lot going on but not a whole lot of note happened in the final episode and whoever thought the car chase with Connor was a good idea should be shot. It was one of the worst staged car chases in years and it was obvious a number of times that none of the actors were involved, there are multiple shots where you can clearly see the stunt men and the sped up nature of the scene was laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read an SOA film will begin shooting in mid 2015. It will be a prequel to the series covering the life of john teller (played by brad pitt) with baby jax up until the 1st season of the show. Sutter posted the story on his twitter and said he will be bringing back opie. Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just read an SOA film will begin shooting in mid 2015. It will be a prequel to the series covering the life of john teller (played by brad pitt) with baby jax up until the 1st season of the show. Sutter posted the story on his twitter and said he will be bringing back opie. Bring it on!
    Home » About / Disclaimer
    About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

All contributors are responsible for the content of their own material in respect to (but not limited to) copyright, libel and defamation.

The content of this web-site (graphics, text and other elements) is © Copyright 2014 Empire News LLC and may not be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publisher.

Empire News and the Empire News social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are not intended for people under 18 years of age.

If you are aware of any copyright infringement or have any other queries or complaints, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and, where necessary, correct the problem. Please accept our apologies in advance on behalf of any contribution which has offended.

Advertisement