Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

squonk wrote: »
    That Men of Mayhem patch always struck me as strange. I see the point of it from the club perspective but it's like walking around with a flag saying "I killed a guy" which surely would be of interest to police? I mean, half the investigative work is done for them by seeing the patch! :)
    It doesn't prove anything. They can always deny it to cops. Like the way some gangsters tattoo a teardrop under their eye for every person they kill.

The limp thing was a bit weird. No idea what it means

Also I found Gemma to be very selfish in her death. She seemed to have accepted the fact she was going to die. Why not kill herself rather than putting Jax through that? She seemed to shrug off Uncer dying pretty casually(although she had initial shock)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

If Clay is Claudius, Gemma is Gertrude, Jax is Hamlet, I reckon Unser is Polonius, killed meaninglessly by Hamlet on front of Hamlet's mother, and next week everybody dies. Who is going to show up as Fortinbras though?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Clay is Claudius, Gemma is Gertrude, Jax is Hamlet, I reckon Unser is Polonius, killed meaninglessly by Hamlet on front of Hamlet's mother, and next week everybody dies. Who is going to show up as Fortinbras though?

Chucky or Tig

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kurt wrote an apology to fans an soa book was sent out to preorders early and spoils the last episode. I'm sure they're gonna end up on the Internet so careful what you're reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Genuinely excited for this after losing interest a while back, they better not do a Dexter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was it said somewhere the final episode will be 90+ minutes? Guess it's possible with the length of the previous episodes.

I'm thinking now Gemma will still pop up with Jax seeing her and talking to her, just to annoy everyone. :)

Great seeing Charisma Carpenter. Really random appearance, like Lea Michele. And random Chiklis appearance that I was hoping for to complete the main strike team.

Now to go find Dun Gawl on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I was fully expecting Nero to come from behind and shoot Jax when he lined up to fire at Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have to hold my hands up and say I was very harsh on this show with my previous comments. I kept watching on after the first 5 episodes and its very good especially the stuff with Donna/Opi.

Masterpiece it is not but its very entertaining if you take it for what it is. There shootouts at every turn and its fairly cheesy but I really like it.

My comments were after coming off a re-watch of Breaking Bad and the Sopranos so my expectations were high.

Some very good characters in it and Pearlman and Sagal are brilliant. Currently motoring through season 2.
    Tara is a terrible character though, such a pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

rob316 wrote: »
    I have to hold my hands up and say I was very harsh on this show with my previous comments. I kept watching on after the first 5 episodes and its very good especially the stuff with Donna/Opi.

Masterpiece it is not but its very entertaining if you take it for what it is. There shootouts at every turn and its fairly cheesy but I really like it.

My comments were after coming off a re-watch of Breaking Bad and the Sopranos so my expectations were high.

Some very good characters in it and Pearlman and Sagal are brilliant. Currently motoring through season 2.
    Tara is a terrible character though, such a pain in the ass.

Stay out if this thread if you're only on season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It also has one of the best soundtracks I've heard for a TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Stay out if this thread if you're only on season 2

God damn prospect, he ain't never not gettin' patched in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Really not impressed by that.

For me everything wrapped up too neatly for those that lived, with them not even really caring about those who had died apart from Jackson (who had led to most of the other deaths). Jackson managed to get everything he wanted, even down to how he died.

Would really have liked a twist where for once everything didn't work out for SAMCRO, be it Jax trying to kill himself but the truck avoiding him and him getting arrested or the DA finding evidence on the rest of the gang, or the other SOA Branches taking out Redwood during the montage. The latter would have been best IMO as you could have a montage of Jax thinking he's going off to a glorious death but his crew are being murdered as he rode with a smirk on his face.

I really loved the early days of the show but I'm now pretty happy I don't have anymore 105 minute Tuesday night slogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Jaysus, what a disappointing end to a relatively decent show. Why did Patterson not just arrest Jax there and then? that entire "Titanic" style ending was laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was Sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Hmmm not really sure what it think? Have to say I loved the song at the end though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Agree on the song. The image of Jax heading into the lorry like a motorcycle riding Jesus got many laughs. Then I saw Michael Chiklis was a guest star. I never copped it at all. My brain must automatically go into brain dead mode when watching this show. Just looking back now and I must have been in a coma not to have recognised him.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Well I liked it. I know I'm in the minority here on that one.

Yeah the Jax scene at the end was silly - but he went out his own way in the end.
    I kinda would have liked to have seen Chibbs be the one to put him out of his misery.
    I know they had to play the song etc and drag it out but all those cop cars following him was just a little cringe worthy. :)

The homeless girl ?!!! Still not sure what to think of it all ( and especially where her chunk of bread showed up at the end)
    It's up to interpretation I guess.

I liked that Jax went to the DA and told her the truth - plus I liked the way he killed August Marks.

I also spotted he wasn't wearing his white runners in this show. What was that all about?

I had to laugh at Chibbs and the Sheriff . That ended well didn't it.

I awwwwww'ed at poor Nero though after his chat with Jax and he came out the side door crying and tried to cover it up with the sunglasses when Wendy showed up.

All in all I'm still happier with the ending to this than I was with Dexter!

norabattie wrote: »
    All in all I'm still happier with the ending to this than I was with Dexter!

An hour showing cows ****ting in a field would be better than the ending of Dexter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So jax's last act on this planet was to mentally traumatize an innocent truck driver? What a cnut.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Agree on the song. The image of Jax heading into the lorry like a motorcycle riding Jesus got many laughs. Then I saw Michael Chiklis was a guest star. I never copped it at all. My brain must automatically go into brain dead mode when watching this show. Just looking back now and I must have been in a coma not to have recognised him.

I don't think it was that cringe worthy imo. Tbh if I was Jax I'd of probley done the same.....Arms spread....close eyes.....look to the sky....Fcuk it!

I'm going out the way I want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well I liked it a hell of a lot more than Dexter so I'm happy enough but can someone tell me - what was the point of the club having, and passing, a mayhem vote if Jax's plan all along was to just leave and kill himself? I'm guessing if the truck didn't appear he'd have eventually gone for suicide by cop and as he said himself he wouldn't have put the burden of killing him on the club so that whole scene seemed pretty pointless. I'd understand if there were some outsiders or other charter in the room and they were doing it for appearances but its was only themselves there so why not just a "this is what's happening" talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Poor ending. Not quite "Dexter" bad but it was poor all the same.

A disappointing end to an entertaining show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I don't get the significance of the sandwich

evil_seed wrote: »

It was the same piece of bread the homeless woman was eating earlier in the episode.

Was she a spirit or angel or something?

It was odd how she gave Jax the blanket and said it's time. Who was she?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

evil_seed wrote: »
    lertsnim wrote: »
    It was odd how she gave Jax the blanket and said it's time. Who was she?

The homeless woman who has appeared throughout the show was eating bread and drinking wine - think 'Last Supper' - before telling Jax that it's time. My read on this is that she has been a guardian angel/angel of death throughout the show.

The bread on the roadside in the very final scene was the same piece of bread - you can see the wine stain running through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the homeless girl is a crow an omen of death to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I think looking at it overall its a great show. Bit losr in the last few episodss. But cant think of how it should have ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

That CGI at the end was absolutely brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Loved the ending, sure there were a few cheesy moments but it tied everything up nicely and that final song, wow

Advertisement