Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    At least it can't be any worse that Katey Sagal "singing"

Bob Dylan was dead right to sack her when she did backing vocals for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's not my cup of tea but it's not as bad as the previously mentioned Katey Sagal songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This has been dragged out for so long that I barely cared about these deaths. Cant wait for this to be over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Surprised to see Love/Hates Dano appear. . . as an IRA man!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's not my cup of tea but it's not as bad as the previously mentioned Katey Sagal songs.

I thought it was just me that found her singing a bit grating. One or two songs per season is grand but she's been all over the show musically of late. I'd seen posts on here previously extolling her virtues so kept my opinions to myself for fear of dragging the thread OT but she's a good singer but she aint all that either, certainly not up to getting credited with the majority of music sung per season. No surprises why that's happened though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vic makes his cameo and Drea makes a Adriana joke.

Mayhem!
    If she really loved him she would have killed herself instead of letting her son kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

squonk wrote: »
    I thought it was just me that found her singing a bit grating. One or two songs per season is grand but she's been all over the show musically of late. I'd seen posts on here previously extolling her virtues so kept my opinions to myself for fear of dragging the thread OT but she's a good singer but she aint all that either, certainly not up to getting credited with the majority of music sung per season. No surprises why that's happened though.

Think she only sang one song in the final season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well..... that was all kinds of ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

One more to go.

That episode was just very ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

guttenberg wrote: »
    Surprised to see Love/Hates Dano appear. . . as an IRA man!

It popped up on the Love/Hate thread a while ago he had landed a small part in it alright, still took me a minute to realise who it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What a boring episode. At least the witch is finally dead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Pfft was I the only one half expecting zombie Gemma in the last few seconds? :P The scene with Gemma and her dad actually made me sadder than the scene with her and Jax. To be honest, Juice's death got me more than Gemma's or Unsers. He has really had a ****ty time the last while, bet he's sorry now he didn't try harder to kill himself when he had a chance. Few good emotional twists but all in all it still felt too long for me! :/ I really liked the Ed Sheeran song for it actually though.

Still on par for Wendy and Nero to have a happy ending on the farm. Except, surprise twist, Wendy is now pregnant with Jax's child and they all live like a big happy family. Jax to meet Mayhem and the rest of the club to go on under the leadership of Chibs, now with black members. New woman cop to die along with maybe one more big face (Tig? He hasn't had nearly enough screen time lately!) I'm bored with the whole turf war thing between the Mayans, Blacks, Irish, Chinese etc. so I don't really care how that turns out. The girl with Rat (don't know her name) and the beggar woman, are we ever going to find out their relevance?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Excellent episode I though.

Poor Juice though, a bit of jailhouse love followed by a bit of the old stabby stab stab. But he took it all like a champ.

Unser - wasn't expecting that, just shows that now matter how calm Jax appears, he's massively unstable.

Gemma finally got wiped out. Understandably she would make it this far, she, like Juice, was completely resigned to being killed. Something that Jax appears to be expecting also with the Mayhem vote.

A few things that stood out for me.

1. Jax's sore leg at the start.....is this going to be some sort of leg injury that is going to prevent him riding, therefore taking away the Pres flash, and solving the difficult decision of the club to ice a Pres. I also keep thinking back to a plot line in Coronation St where some bird died from a blood clot in her leg after an accident.

2. Jax's arse. Is that the last time we see it? They covered all angles as well except for the view right up the poop shoot. :eek:

3. What is Chucky doing? Jax mentioned that they have Chucky doing something.

4. JT's blue bike also being seen in the background at TM, I think this has some sort of bearing on the final scene of the show.

5. The rule of the club that Jax wants changed - my guess is allowing black to become members and patching over the Grim Bastids.

6. IRA and Chinese will have a big part to play in the last episode me thinks.

Nice cameos from Chiklis and yer one from Charisma from Buffy. That's all the strike team from The Shield that we have seen now....except the guy from the first episode of The Shield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think they're setting up a big final episode for Jax, there isn't anyone left for him to be up against except the club.

My theory on the final episode is:
    Jax has invoked a rule where a president is allowed kill himself rather than have Mayhem passed against him.
    He hands over his kids to Wendy saying how he always loved her and she'll be a good mom and all that.
    Nero gets killed by the new leader who wants to bring the club in a new direction.
    Chibs kills his girlfriend in crossfire.
    Chucky gets revenge for Gemma.

Good episode I thought. Definitely one of the strongest in a while. Gemma's scene with her father was fantastic! It was the highpoint of the episode.

Unser's death just seemed needless. As much as Bobby, Unser has always been somewhat of an undercurrent of normality on the show I thought. Feck it, Jax could have just iced Gemma there and then and avoided killing Unser but I guess it shows just how hard what Jax had to do was and how screwed up it made him.

Couldn't give a toss about the turf war now myself either. Same ol' same ol'.

Gemma at least got a better send off than Clay or Bobby. I'm guessing Jax is next. I think too that Wendy will shack up with Nero on the farm and Chibbs will probably lead the club after Jax's death. I think anything else now would be a cop out. Certainly if Jax can't ride and has to relinquish presidency, then that's a foot through the TV moment for me. I'm guessing too that the rule to be dismissed allows patching over the Bastards but it also occured to me whether it's something to do with family members getting senior MC club status, like when Jax was VP when Clay was alive. Perhaps there's somethign there he's trying to protect Able & the baby from? It's just a thought!

Long episode! Just under the 1 Hour, 20 minute mark at 1 hour 19 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I've 2 questions...

What is the mayhem ruling? as in, what happens?

And where did Jax get the limp?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,344 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sebcity wrote: »
    I've 2 questions...

What is the mayhem ruling? as in, what happens?

And where did Jax get the limp?

The Mayhem vote essentially means death. Like when they voted Clay out of the club, they then had a vote for him to "meet Mr.Mayhem", which Bobby voted no to, meaning Jax wasn't allowed to kill him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You'll also see that some of the club members have a 'Men of Meyham' badge on their cut, this means that they have killed on behalf of the club.

After Juice killed the mother of the school massacre shooter, he got the patch given to him at church.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah cool, wasn't sure about the Mayhem part. Yeah, wondering myself where the limp came out of? Glad Vic made it in. Jaysus I wish everyone would leave him alone. Best death scene since Opie imo, done really well. I thought as an actor, he must be sick of reading his part and seeing another 'love' scene but then I saw an interview with him where he said a girl asked him to sign her xxxxxx with his xxxxx so I guess it kinda balances out.

Unser getting killed came out of nowhere, really wasn't expecting that. I got the filling of a sandbox game though last night. Jax drives to location to get/do something from group A. Group A need Jax to do something with Group B. Group B need someone killed and Jax is just going around on fetch quests. Hopefully next week will have everything wrapped up and give a good sendoff to the rest of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didn't want Unser to die

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jax is riding the bike a lot more that he used to, and the whole "No, I'm riding" with Chibs leads me to believe that he'll meet his end the same way as his father, maybe even on his father's bike.

That Men of Mayhem patch always struck me as strange. I see the point of it from the club perspective but it's like walking around with a flag saying "I killed a guy" which surely would be of interest to police? I mean, half the investigative work is done for them by seeing the patch! :)

That Men of Mayhem patch always struck me as strange. I see the point of it from the club perspective but it's like walking around with a flag saying "I killed a guy" which surely would be of interest to police? I mean, half the investigative work is done for them by seeing the patch! :)

All the patches mean something but not everything would be public knowledge, just cause you wear a badge doesn't mean it's proof, like I don't think yerman in Father Ted really did shoot JR but you can't be ever sure :pac:
    I-Shot-J-R.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Excellent episode I though.

Poor Juice though, a bit of jailhouse love followed by a bit of the old stabby stab stab. But he took it all like a champ.

Unser - wasn't expecting that, just shows that now matter how calm Jax appears, he's massively unstable.

Gemma finally got wiped out. Understandably she would make it this far, she, like Juice, was completely resigned to being killed. Something that Jax appears to be expecting also with the Mayhem vote.

A few things that stood out for me.

1. Jax's sore leg at the start.....is this going to be some sort of leg injury that is going to prevent him riding, therefore taking away the Pres flash, and solving the difficult decision of the club to ice a Pres. I also keep thinking back to a plot line in Coronation St where some bird died from a blood clot in her leg after an accident.

2. Jax's arse. Is that the last time we see it? They covered all angles as well except for the view right up the poop shoot. :eek:

3. What is Chucky doing? Jax mentioned that they have Chucky doing something.

4. JT's blue bike also being seen in the background at TM, I think this has some sort of bearing on the final scene of the show.

5. The rule of the club that Jax wants changed - my guess is allowing black to become members and patching over the Grim Bastids.

6. IRA and Chinese will have a big part to play in the last episode me thinks.

Nice cameos from Chiklis and yer one from Charisma from Buffy. That's all the strike team from The Shield that we have seen now....except the guy from the first episode of The Shield.

Chucky made the call to Unser pretending to need him to pick up a broken down car so that Jax could talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Clareman wrote: »
    Jax is riding the bike a lot more that he used to, and the whole "No, I'm riding" with Chibs leads me to believe that he'll meet his end the same way as his father, maybe even on his father's bike.

Who would tamper with Jax's bike?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Abel? He's probably sick of the whole thing at this stage and wants it to end :)

The would never be written down as to their origin. So there is nothing in any charter that symbolises what they are for.
    It's a real Motorcycle Club thing. There are rumours that if a Hells Angel member has a small red patch on their collar, it means they banged a lady during her moon cycle. Also rumours that they have similar flash for killing for the club etc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Didn't Jury make out that JT's bike wasn't interfered with, that he would have known if there wasn't anything up with it. Also, Jax looking for JT's manuscript from his mother, I can see him writing his suicide note and putting it into the envelope and leaving it for grown up Able to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actually Nero was messing around in Gemma or Jax's Garage I bet you either Jax or Gemma told him to grab the manuscript and maybe Jax's notebooks to give to his sons when they are older. I think it's a no brainer that Jax will die in the final episode, but I think he will probably go out on his terms, probably crash JT's bike into a wall ( probably followed by a 5 minute montage to a crap song by Katey Segal!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

This was the song which played out the season 3 finale, would love an ending like that again.

Advertisement