Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Anyone notice the first episode of SOA Jax is on the bike and there are 2 crows on the road eating bread and it ended the same way love the symbolize of the 7 crows while Jax was riding his final ride it was like the spirits of the fallen SAMCRO members guiding him. since 7 have died and there were 7 crows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Meh, I was expecting him to go out with gunfire, not drive into a truck, Ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That was highly disappointing tbh. They may as well have the message "Jax sorts a few lose ends and then tops himself" on the screen for 60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I Really liked that. Excellent show and am gonna miss it. The Shield remains my favourite show of all time but Sons is definitely be up there for me. Guess that homeless girl was like the angel of death. Must look back at all the other times she popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The episode definitely had some great moments, but overall, very disappointed with the season as a whole and how the ending was done. All the homeless woman/angel of death stuff, the crows, the far-too-many cops behind Jax (seriously, no-one tried to get in front of him or, I don't know, block the road ahead of him?), the Jesus pose...

I know the show has rarely been subtle in its approach to a lot of things, but that ending was just so overdone. Coupled with minor annoyances like Barofsky and Marks' easy deaths (the whole show would have been easier if Jax tried the "walk up to them and shoot them" approach a bit more often), a disappointing end to a very disappointing season, in what turned out to be a fairly mediocre show overall.

That being said, Tig screaming going through the doll factory balances it all out. Really made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I liked the ending and the episode overall, some great emotional stuff with Jax saying goodbye to the boys and the scene with Nero, still really didn't want to see Gemma appear in the episode even dead the bitch turned up. The reason they staged the Mayham scene was to save face with the other charters. Also Abel had the sons ring in the car so that's him tied back to the club. I lol'd at Tig's trying to say Arnagh.
    Overall I'm way more satisfied with this show ending the mess they mad of Dexter. I will miss my Wednesday evenings with the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

That was the slowest, high speed chase i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Had it been a proper 1 cop car/1 bike chase and Jax had crashed into the truck instead riding into it deliberately it would have been better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sort of glad its over. The show lost its way several seasons ago. Like Dexter, it started well but suffered a poor final season with an awful finale. Dexter was a much better show overall but I think the parallels between them are sound.

I'd wager Charlie Hunnam is glad to move on to something else after seven seasons of repeating the same dialogue and playing out the same scenes over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked it.

Though did have to laugh that after 7 years of Charming PD, etc trying to take Jax down, it took Vic Mackey to do it. :)

Was also thinking, I remember a time when I didn't think Tig would last this long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'm happy its over tbh, disappointing end overall to a pretty pointless season. A show that should have ended some time ago in truth, had some fantastic moments over the years but was never quite as good as it thought it was.

The dragging out of everything really did my tits in, more so in this season then any other.

A good show though despite its flaws and although its not one I'm likely to revisit any time soon I couldn't say it was not a mostly enjoyable ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

masti123 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the first episode of SOA Jax is on the bike and there are 2 crows on the road eating bread and it ended the same way love the symbolize of the 7 crows while Jax was riding his final ride it was like the spirits of the fallen SAMCRO members guiding him. since 7 have died and there were 7 crows

Then who was the sandwich? Maybe it was the spirit of that guy who got dragged along on a digital wheelchair.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I enjoyed it overall, but could have done without the melodrama in the closing minutes. I think this season worked reasonably well, at least when viewed as "how Jax finally realises he's an awful man and can't help but turn his sons into versions of himself". And in that respect, the way that Marks & Barowsky are killed sort of makes sense - Jax has always been ruthless but tactical, and tried to present at least the appearance of someone who wants to go legit rather than being a murdering gun- and drug-running outlaw, so once he realised he had to die if he wanted to save the club, he was free to use the unsubtle-yet-effective "walk up to them and shoot them" strategy.

The chase at the end, traumatising the bigrig driver and the woeful CGI were a bit crap. But sort of in keeping with Jax's notion of being the hero of an outlaw ballad, rather than just a ruthless criminal.

This season was interesting in terms of showing us more human sides to Chibs and Tig, while still reminding us that they're terrifying individuals capable of all sorts of brutality. More than anyone, though, I felt sorry for Wayne :( I'd hoped that Wayne & Nero might survive as buddies, because that episode where they had to team up and go find someone felt like a pilot for a great buddy-cop show.

After that ending, though, I feel no interest in watching a prequel series if one does manifest. Everything I'm interested in seeing about SAMCRO has been shown in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It was something to watch, never a huge fan. Couple of seasons were decent, rest were tripe. The most idiotic walk in tv history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

empacher wrote: »
    I think looking at it overall its a great show. Bit losr in the last few episodss. But cant think of how it should have ended.

It should have ended after Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It should have ended after Season 2.

Seasons 4 & 5 were fantastic imo. Some downpoints obviously, but overall the decline in quality really hit hard early in Season 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

So what was with the limp in the 2nd last episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Always feel a little sad when a tv show I've watched for a few years ends.

Brought me some good entertainment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Staplor wrote: »

If you mean Jax, he's had that to a greater or lesser extent throughout the show.

Since you mention it, I thought it hilarious that in the last episode we discover that he has (and presumably always had) a pair of decent (though not-particularly-well-cared-for) biker boots that he could have worn instead of the ridiculously-clean white runners he always wore. And what's more, when he wore the boots, he didn't walk with that weird semi-bowlegged limp either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

SOA limped to the finish line. Glad its over tbh

The 'symbolism' with the crows and angel of death was a pointless exercise.

Entertaining show but I doubt I'll ever rewatch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Staplor wrote: »

I'd say he fell off the bike while filming. They did a lot of chase stuff towards the end of the season. The limp was probably genuine as he had it in some scenes and not in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think those dirty ol boots belonged to his da, even more symbolic along with dying on his dads bike on the same road. Apparently each crow overhead was for each club member that died. Went on a spree of listening to all the songs from the show, some absolute classics. Must pick up that official book of i ever see it local.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Fysh wrote: »
    Since you mention it, I thought it hilarious that in the last episode we discover that he has (and presumably always had) a pair of decent (though not-particularly-well-cared-for) biker boots that he could have worn instead of the ridiculously-clean white runners he always wore. And what's more, when he wore the boots, he didn't walk with that weird semi-bowlegged limp either.

I thought the symbolism for the white runners was that they were destroyed when the blood splatter after he killed his mother, he took them off and put them to the side, then in the last episode he needed to take out the grubby pair, kind of saying the good side was gone and never going to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Clareman wrote: »
    I thought the symbolism for the white runners was that they were destroyed when the blood splatter after he killed his mother, he took them off and put them to the side, then in the last episode he needed to take out the grubby pair, kind of saying the good side was gone and never going to come back.

Good way of looking at it....never thought of it that way :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Another way to look at it is he was always trying to be different, lead the club in a different way and be a different leader, but in the end realised he's just the same and he can't change. (he said this during the finale)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stayed clear of this thread till I watched the last two episodes. While it did do a good job on finishing off most of the story. I do think meh on how jax signed off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've been thinking of how the show ended (as well as the show in general) and I think the show ended as well as it could. I think a lot of shows now aren't concentrating on the big finish at the end but rather a few episodes before hand (thinking Breaking Bad and Ozymandias). For me the final episode was about finishing up Jax and all his mess, the guy has now killed his step father and mother, he had to take himself out, but he had to clean up the mess he had made with the Irish and Marcus while leaving the club intact. I think they made a nice move in showing that life will go on without Jax, Chibs will have hassle with the sherrif and they will have to explain how Jax got away to the other charters.

I like the way the final episode linked to the first episode as well, the crows were a nice touch, I think the whole thing ran a bit too long though, especially Jax's final ride, ffs, could they not have made it look like it was going more than 2 miles an hour, why couldn't the cop have shot him while he was riding away? How was a 40 year old Harley able to out run so many police vehicles for so long, but that's nit picking I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

In pursuits aren't they trained to keep a distance and not engage and endanger life??? Makes for ****e telly though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm happy with how it ended up.

Jax realising he was a bad guy.
    Destroys his notebooks and manuscripts to stop his kids trying to do what he tried to do.
    Went on an execution rampage. The Marx setup was impressive.
    Took care of his club and family.
    Went out the same way his father did, on the same bike and in the same boots.

Alot of what we have seen in the last few episodes was people accepting their fates, exactly what Jax has done, but he managed to clean up the mess that he started since the start of his rise to being president.
    The club is in good shape no to survive, and is out of the gun trade.

I was wondering when we were going to see the 'angel' again, i think that was quite the good constant throughout the entire series.
    It looks like a few people have forgotten, she is the mother of rats girlfriend, she was killed in the accident that killed JT. Jax helped her husband get a job as well.

I probably need to digest this more, but overall, I thought it was a great show with a great ending....which is actually an ending with no loose ends or questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

lertsnim wrote: »
    Agree on the song. The image of Jax heading into the lorry like a motorcycle riding Jesus got many laughs. Then I saw Michael Chiklis was a guest star. I never copped it at all. My brain must automatically go into brain dead mode when watching this show. Just looking back now and I must have been in a coma not to have recognised him.
    I didn't even recognise Marilyn Manson, knew he looked familiar for some reason! I really liked the ending, just glad it didn't pull a Sopranos.

Advertisement