Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Lovely stuff, Warlock helm for sale. The chest piece dropped for me in the raid last night for my hunter, which was the last piece he needed. Looks like Il be getting my warlock to 30 this weekend as well so.

So thats it then. Il have both characters at 30. And all of 3-4 days to enjoy being a boss man before the DLC drops me back down to mere mortal status again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will be working Tuesday, but will work from home if I can. So can start playing at lunch time, and when I finish for the day.

So anyone for a 2nd raid team for Tuesday? Lets say around 6-7, or what suits people best.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    The DLC is.... but Xur is the man you need to see to re-roll Exotics and he's not available till Fridays

Oh wait... did you mean buy the Engram now, and not actually decode it until Tuesday?
    If so, don't mind me :o

Yup that's what I meant :)

Regarding Raid being available straight away, from the weekly update:
    The race begins on December 9th at 1AM Pacific Time. You will not need to complete the other Missions, Quests, Bounties, or Strikes first. The Raid will beckon at Zero Hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No it's not, there's an initial mission to kick things off, then that branches into 2 missions, one of which unlocks the Raid, and the other unlocks the Strike.
    Bungie have stated the raid is open immediately.
    The race begins on December 9th at 1AM Pacific Time. You will not need to complete the other Missions, Quests, Bounties, or Strikes first. The Raid will beckon at Zero Hour.

Edit: Ninja'd by Mickeroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

They went back on their word.
    I'm not playing anymore :pac:

Anyway,
    I set up a twitch channel

Y U NO FOLLOW ME?

http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead/profile

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They went back on their word.
    I'm not playing anymore :pac:

I am sure sometime today, someone at Bungie will say something to completely contradict that :D, then followed by someone else contradicting the contradiction.......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So do we have the usual 6 to run the new raid next Tuesday on Xbox ?

El senior fats
    The Bag M99
    TitianGerm
    MikeyP
    Geardoig

And I'm missing someone.

I think were all level 30s at this stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So do we have the usual 6 to run the new raid next Tuesday on Xbox ?

El senior fats
    The Bag M99
    TitianGerm
    MikeyP
    Geardoig

And I'm missing someone.

I think were all level 30s at this stage.

Gerard3 maybe? I'm definitely on for it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

2 followers now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gerard3 maybe? I'm definitely on for it anyway!

That's the chap :D

• Advertisement

2 followers now. :D

I'm more popular than the Labour Party now :pac:

I'm more popular than the Labour Party now :pac:

Woohoo, abolish water charges and you have my vote. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Don't wastes your time upgrading the helm, hold on to it and exchange it with Xur when the chance arises.

I'm getting a helmet this evening which will bring me to level 27. Should I not be upgrading?

Whats this about exchanging it with xur?

:confused: Sorry.

I'm getting a helmet this evening which will bring me to level 27. Should I not be upgrading?

Don't upgrade it. You should be able to exchange it with Xur within the next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's only exotic guns you need to exchange with Xur. You can upgrade your armour to your heart's content.
    until Bungie change something else

If you're only lvl 27 then fire away, but if you level the exotic helmet now it will only get to light level 30, if you want to go higher than 30 you will have to swap it for a higher level model from Xur after the DLC comes out and you will have to start leveling it again from scratch. There's no guarantee he will have it for exchange next friday anyway so it's up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Don't upgrade it. You should be able to exchange it with Xur within the next 3 weeks.

I give up I'm totally confused :confused: I'm just going to keep shooting stuff and see what happens

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I give up I'm totally confused :confused: I'm just going to keep shooting stuff and see what happens

Have a look at the weekly update on the bungie site, they explain what's happening there. Personally I won't use any mats to level an exotic before next friday at the earliest.

Edit: Mick is referring to Helm Engrams (not Helms), anyway Xur isn't selling Engrams any more.

Just get your Helm and crack on upgrading it.
    You could spend weeks/months waiting for it to be in the 2 items that Xur has for your character class to re-roll for higher stats.

Also, once you buy that, it's of to the Raid with you, you can't keep hiding from it :D

I'm quiet happy to take you and some others through it at the weekend if you like.

At lvl27, the Normal Raid is VERY doable and it's the single best thing in the game right now (except for running Control with 10 relevant PvP Bounties... that... well that is just class)
    Have a look at the weekly update on the bungie site, they explain what's happening there. Personally I won't use any mats to level an exotic before next friday at the earliest.

Era, he's only on for a handful of hours a week, no point in losing out in the short term in the vain hoe you can re-roll it anytime soon. It's grand for those of use with several exotic pieces of armour and IB and VoG armour, but Murph is just rocking some stock purples (no offence Murph)

Not referring to an engram at all, just don't see the point of wasting time leveling an exotic helm from scratch this close to the DLC coming out. Would at least wait until friday to see if you can get the better model straight away before using any materials.

• Advertisement

Not referring to an engram at all, just don't see the point of wasting time leveling an exotic helm from scratch this close to the DLC coming out. Would at least wait until friday to see if you can get the better model straight away before using any materials.

Agreed, but he would be the exception, not the rule, I doubt he'd be past the 2nd upgrade node before the 1st oppurtunity to re-roll raises it's head (again, no offense murph)

http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7469847

The 1st 4 nodes are just glimmer and 16 mats usually

Mick is referring to Helm Engrams (not Helms), anyway Xur isn't selling Engrams any more.

Just get your Helm and crack on upgrading it.
    You could spend weeks/months waiting for it to be in the 2 items that Xur has for your character class to re-roll for higher stats.

Also, once you buy that, it's of to the Raid with you, you can't keep hiding from it :D

I'm quiet happy to take you and some others through it at the weekend if you like.

At lvl27, the Normal Raid is VERY doable and it's the single best thing in the game right now (except for running Control with 10 relevant PvP Bounties... that... well that is just class)

Era, he's only on for a handful of hours a week, no point in losing out in the short term in the vain hoe you can re-roll it anytime soon. It's grand for those of use with several exotic pieces of armour and IB and VoG armour, but Murph is just rocking some stock purples (no offence Murph)

haha no offence taken. I'm surprised ye allow me play with ye tbh.

Anyway yeah I'll by the helmet later and start levelling it up.

Getting to 27 is a big achievement for me with the random hours I put in! :)

As for running the raid yeah I'd genuinely love to but I dont want to commit and then have to jump off within a half hour or be on and off attending to our new born crying. She comes first obviously so I'd rather not commit if thats an issue.

I'm probably the most casual player on here. I love the game but its rare that I can mic up and rare that I can play for an ongoing amount of time which isnt ideal I know but tis life.

Era, you'll be grand, I pretty much stop for a smoke more often than any baby can cry :D

Era, you'll be grand, I pretty much stop for a smoke more often than any baby can cry :D

Thats fair enough. Theres mandatory beer breaks too I assume.

I have a couple of bottles of Kinnegar Rye Ale for tonights bit of play*

*If baby stays quiet. Please sleep. Go on you know you want to. lol

There is usually a lot of drinking done on the Raid from what I am hearing on my headset.
    I'll be at Dave McSavage (the Savage Eye) after work though, won some tickets in work today, so not sure what time i'll be on from/till.
    If you're on when I'm on (If I can get on at all) I'll invite/join you.
    Tomorrow i'll be online a decent bit though.... wondering around aimlessly trying to figure out little things to do before the DLC lands.
    Game of ball in tower perhaps, Voiding Vestments for Goalposts :pac:

*If baby stays quiet. Please sleep. Go on you know you want to. lol

A drop of Night Nurse in bed time bottle works wonders I've found. :eek:

How old is little one? Mine is 6 months and only recently began sleeping through the night. I don't miss 3am feeds and half 6 starts to the day.

There is usually a lot of drinking done on the Raid from what I am hearing on my headset.
    I'll be at Dave McSavage (the Savage Eye) after work though, won some tickets in work today, so not sure what time i'll be on from/till.
    Tomorrow i'll be online a decent bit though.... wondering around aimlessly trying to figure out little things to do before the DLC lands.

I'd say I'll most likely be on (again pending babys mood) will be about 8pm or so as the missus is heading out to do some xmas shopping.

Potentially I could be on for a couple of hours so I'll look to see who alls about and join parties etc..

Would be nice if the Friday gods were good to me.

Nothing like a bit of Scotch to loosen your fingers :D. Always seem to play a bit better slightly buzzed.

A drop of Night Nurse in bed time bottle works wonders I've found. :eek:

How old is little one? Mine is 6 months and only recently began sleeping through the night. I don't miss 3am feeds and half 6 starts to the day.

She's 3 months now.

Sounds like you have it a lot harder than we do.

Ours sleeps for a few hours during the day which helps as we have a just turning 2 year old as well and she's a little mad yolk.

And even better still she sleeps through the night. Only a recent event but still it definately helps. I hear ya on the middle of night and 6am thing. :( I've never drank so much coffee.

So yeah she's most awake and unsettled around the time I'm wanting to chill out in the evening with a game and bottle of beer.
    The missus in fairness looks after her most of the time but ya gotta help out ya know.

I cant complain. All is very good and I wouldnt change it for the world.

• Advertisement

This conversation needed a graph:

DcYP8we.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement