Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Man that parenting expert on Moncrieff is irritating. It was funny when a texter suggested a swift boot up the arse as a remedy to behavioral issues. :D

;):)

I'm your man / or woman DLH....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Man that parenting expert on Moncrieff is irritating. It was funny when a texter suggested a swift boot up the arse as a remedy to behavioral issues. :D

was it the usual guy? i think he's pretty good. there's notable difference between him and the irish experts.

he has no problem with saying NO to kids, whereas the others will tell you to sit down with your child and explain the ins and outs of why they can't shove 6 inch nails in their baby sisters ears...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Henry interviewing his mother. Cutting edge radio

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

jaysus, after that interview mortimers book is priority on my must read book list just behind mein kampf. what an painful interview, listening to a lad for a good half hour trying to justify and figure out why he was dropped. it was too much to hope for Ger to say "emmmm, do ye think maybe you were dropped in your prime years because you are a complete pr*ck?"

woolys endorsement of the book and of Mortimer as a "real character" is further reason to use this book as toilet paper if you are unlucky enough to find this in your Xmas stocking.

woolys outdone himself with his clueless punditry tonight and his "we need more characters in the game and it's a shame they are gone", no it's not you twat, they were and are annoying just like himself and GAA is a hell of a lot better without idiots like himself and Mortimer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

All they need to do now is get rid of Bill Hughes's slot where he plays George's favourite songs and we might have a half-decent show again.
    why? Its actually an interesting slot

edit* do you mean thursday when Bill selects a classic song and explains its history?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Pat Kenny Show: 'It's a while now since I put on my boots or whatever'...some horrible heart/stroke Ad for the ****ing umteenth time. Unplugged transistor and removed from room - it will now be Liveline before it's switched on again. Is there ever going to be an end of the deluge of parasitic medical advertising? It should be banned like cigarette advertising as nothing is worse for my blood pressure. :mad:

Pat Kenny Show: 'It's a while now since I put on my boots or whatever'...some horrible heart/stroke Ad for the ****ing umteenth time. Unplugged transistor and removed from room - it will now be Liveline before it's switched on again. Is there ever going to be an end of the deluge of parasitic medical advertising? It should be banned like cigarette advertising as nothing is worse for my blood pressure. :mad:

i've noticed that lately. it's like american tv on the radio. ads for health checks, supplements, insurance.
    at least the lads in clonmel pharma are looking out for us though, what with all the trust we have in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Jonathan Healy's show is just turning into the lunchtime bash Sinn Fein slot now - the radio equivalent of the Indo.

It's getting on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Sean to David Quinn: "Does it ever get exhausting when nobody agrees with you?"

Nice.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just coming back from an ad break Sean said: "You're listening to Pinkotalk, a propagandist tool of the Catholic Facist state" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

"George Hook is sitting in for George Hook today" nearly spat out my coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sean to David Quinn: "Does it ever get exhausting when nobody agrees with you?"

Nice.

I'd say Sean will find a few solicitor's letters in his letterbox tomorrow morning. :o

"George Hook is sitting in for George Hook today" nearly spat out my coffee

listening to the show for the past couple of days, he still had the travel slot and the medical slot, so shane coleman finished at about 6.15. how much live work does george hook do per day??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Jonathan Healy's show is just turning into the lunchtime bash Sinn Fein slot now - the radio equivalent of the Indo.

It's getting on my nerves

When Denis o Brien pays the wages, he picks the editorial!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Ivan trying to interview Joan burton now, my god I hate her voice..... Have to switch over.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Middle class chat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is there something wrong with Newstalk today?
    I turned it on earlier and didn't hear Shane Coleman's voice.

Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

What right does Paul Murphy think he has to "slow march" Joan Burton away from the event yesterday... He has no right to interfere with her movement in any way..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

What right does Paul Murphy think he has to "slow march" Joan Burton away from the event yesterday... He has no right to interfere with her movement in any way..
    Spine chilling stuff. Shane Coleman let him off quite lightly. But Murphy hung himself. Especially after Zappone came in with her eyewitness account.

Mary Lou isnt fooling everybody... the day before herself and Adams were running for the hills when they were asked questions about sex abuse.. Nobody is fooled by their distraction...

• Advertisement

jaysus, after that interview mortimers book is priority on my must read book list just behind mein kampf. what an painful interview, listening to a lad for a good half hour trying to justify and figure out why he was dropped. it was too much to hope for Ger to say "emmmm, do ye think maybe you were dropped in your prime years because you are a complete pr*ck?"

woolys endorsement of the book and of Mortimer as a "real character" is further reason to use this book as toilet paper if you are unlucky enough to find this in your Xmas stocking.

woolys outdone himself with his clueless punditry tonight and his "we need more characters in the game and it's a shame they are gone", no it's not you twat, they were and are annoying just like himself and GAA is a hell of a lot better without idiots like himself and Mortimer

I sometimes think Wooly's idea of "character" is a weird haircut and flashy boots

Jonathan Healy's smart ar$e, cynical, sarcastic presenting is just boring at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Jonathan Healy's smart ar$e, cynical, sarcastic presenting is just boring at this stage...

Absolutely! Making such a big deal of An Post knowing how to get to people's
    houses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

To be fair he never actually quite reaches the level of 'sarcasm'...he generally flounders about at smartass'ness

You think the unions would have made it a prerequisite of any prospective leader that they be able to put a full sentence together.

He makes Elmer Fudd sound like John F Kennedy..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nothing worse than a know-it-all who actually knows very little...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hook seems to think that Chavez is still alive. He's even more out of touch than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Absolutely! Making such a big deal of An Post knowing how to get to people's
    houses!!

He didn't seem to kick up half as much of a fuss when Irish Water wanted our PPS numbers. Denis wouldn't have liked that, though. It might have interfered with the installation of water meters....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Folks,

I'm closing this thread on Saturday. Please continue to discuss Newstalk shows in separate threads from Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Hook seems to think that Chavez is still alive. He's even more out of touch than I thought.

Just heard him say that you have to shop off pallets in Lidl and Aldi!!
    'It's not like shopping in other shops.' :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement