Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Jamie Heaslip was on Newstalk getting thick with Ivan,
    I don’t think it was the interview he expected as Ivan started in a vein of ‘I was in the Aviva last week, what hapenned?’’.
    Heaslip got thick and said ‘’well you were there, we lost’’.
    Then his answer to Ivans next question was ‘’I think that’s a ridiculous question’’.
    And it went on in that vein. I think Ivan was just about to taunt him about their new pub in Ballsbridge ‘’The Bridge 12’’(Formerly Bellamys who be bought and redesigned with the Carney brothers and Sean O Brien but the line went dead whether by accident or design.
    Heaslip wouldn’t really know the cut of Yeats jib so probably expected a standard claire mc namara sideline interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Heard the start of that. Poor old Heaslip he wasn't expecting that at all. Although i think he went a bit far (what happened? Yis had no passion!), i'd love to see Ivan bring that to the Late Late Show host's chair.

Imagine the next Twink interview..."sure what happened, i thought your career finished in the eighties...why do you keep coming on here?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Heaslip is usually very controlled and mild mannered. I wonder was it a publicity stunt...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Heard the start of that. Poor old Heaslip he wasn't expecting that at all. Although i think he went a bit far (what happened? Yis had no passion!), i'd love to see Ivan bring that to the Late Late Show host's chair.

Imagine the next Twink interview..."sure what happened, i thought your career finished in the eighties...why do you keep coming on here?"

When Yates was on the LLS recently, I thought he'd be a much better host than Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

What was that dreadful song they played a clip of at the end of Breakfast? Sounded like a rejected Smiths b-side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Chris continually referring to 'the twitter machine' AARRGHH!!! Shut up shut up shut up!!

Am I alone in being so mentally unbalanced that this gives me rage???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's most likely because of Vincent Brown. It's now part of peoples vocabulary so I guess it's off to the funny farm for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Chris continually referring to 'the twitter machine' AARRGHH!!! Shut up shut up shut up!!

No you're not.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Chris is just mimicking Vincent Browne's mocking of Twitter.

Did you hear Mark Little laughing at politicians last week who haven't a clue about social media, phrases like twitter machine & interweb being bandied about.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

This post really should have come with a health warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Heaslip is usually very controlled and mild mannered. I wonder was it a publicity stunt...

Some of the rugby boys are a bit precious, they're not used to anyone in the media criticising them.

I wouldn't be surprised if poor old Ivan is put on the blacklist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

English fella on Moncrieff this afternoon plugging a book he's just written about rich people. While he was talking about the 1% and the 0.1% I was wondering if he knew he was talking on a station owned by one of Ireland's 0.0001%?

He mentioned super-rich people being from all countries, including Ireland, but Seán never followed up on that one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

serfboard wrote: »
    English fella on Moncrieff this afternoon plugging a book he's just written about rich people. While he was talking about the 1% and the 0.1% I was wondering if he knew he was talking on a station owned by one of Ireland's 0.0001%?

He mentioned super-rich people being from all countries, including Ireland, but Seán never followed up on that one ...

He actually replied to a text about Denis O Brien afterwards, do you expect him/anyone to speak negatively about their employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Granny's phone:o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Granny's phone:o:pac:

That was hilarious.

And so was Chris telling us a few minutes before about the note Ivan left on his desk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

lads is anyone else having a problem with the stream?

regularly now it starts replaying the last show and i find myself having to refresh the page to hear the live stream again.

fecking annoying.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

regularly now it starts replaying the last show and i find myself having to refresh the page to hear the live stream again.

fecking annoying.
    It's happening with most of the Communicorp sites for me. Spin1038 is completely dead and has been for a while but Newstalk, TXFM, 98fm and Today FM are all the same for me: periodically going back to some earlier point in the day until the déjà vu gets too much and I realise what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's happening with most of the Communicorp sites for me.

Yeah, they're pretty unreliable. There were a few mornings this week where I switched to Morning Ireland because the Newstalk one was non existent. I regularly get it with Today FM too.

She's off laughing already... How long before we're talking about obesity in children and sugary drinks for the millionth time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

She's off laughing already... How long before we're talking about obesity in children and sugary drinks for the millionth time..

George flagged an item about how Coke can take years off your life, presumably not in the G Ryan sense. Thank God I have a 2l Pepsi in the fridge instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Who is that Dr self important ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Calhoun wrote: »
    Who is that Dr self important ?

Dr. Ciara Kelly, GP. I think she was on the Late Late,or Saturday night show last season,talking about how the downturn had affected GPs etc. A regular on George Hook.

There could be a threat of nuclear war and Ciara Kelly would still be talking about the dangers of sugar..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

morebarn2 wrote: »
    Dr. Ciara Kelly, GP. I think she was on the Late Late,or Saturday night show last season,talking about how the downturn had affected GPs etc. A regular on George Hook.

Yes so Dr self important it Is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

There could be a threat of nuclear war and Ciara Kelly would still be talking about the dangers of sugar..

Perhaps, but this day last week she was highlighting Ireland's laughable state of preparedness to deal with Ebola - a week on and 'protocols' are being put in place. Anyway, it's nice to have somebody refined on the programme. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

I'm not a fan of Ivan Yates. The obnoxious, smart-alecky tone always grated. This morning though, he pulled no punches with Mary Lou. I've never heard her sound so unconvincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Healy is a really bad host

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I'm not a fan of Ivan Yates. The obnoxious, smart-alecky tone always grated. This morning though, he pulled no punches with Mary Lou. I've never heard her sound so unconvincing.

I was stunned at his sudden realisation that SF are a bunch of fascists.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

For anyone who was listening to the travel slot just there:

:pac: :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement