Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭emo72

Poly wrote: »
    Muppets on with new cookbooks every second day now, it's really getting tedious.

People stuffing their faces on air is really poor radio

This really upsets me. I cant cook. My missus can't cook. I see all these food programmes on TV and then they are selling their books. I'm starving thinking about it.

Anyway back over to McDonald's for a euro burger lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Jesus, these Happy Pear guys seem to be everywhere now doing the hard sell on their book - Brendan O Connor, Ray D'Arcy, Newstalk Breakfast. I'm expecting them to pop up between Golden Memories and the Obituaries on Tipp Mid any minute. This kind of over-exposure has made resolve not to buy their bloody book, even as a present for someone else.

I've been once and it was rank, I then got a take away salad and that was rank too...maybe because it was healthy or supposed to be, but it didnt seem so, it was absolutely drenched in dressing and oil and was more like a stew of soggy veg. Its some of the priciest food around also. €5.50 for one of those small plastic containers of salad. The place itself in Greystones is a nightmare, packed to the brim with SUV driving yuppy not so yummy mummies and those car sized prams they bring with them wherever they want. Tables completely covered in various baby feeding devices, toys, food, clothing and breast pumps (ok, maybe not the breast pumps but you get the picture)...all round a highly unpleasant dining experience. I think I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

I've been once and it was rank, I then got a take away salad and that was rank too...maybe because it was healthy or supposed to be, but it didnt seem so, it was absolutely drenched in dressing and oil and was more like a stew of soggy veg. Its some of the priciest food around also. €5.50 for one of those small plastic containers of salad. The place itself in Greystones is a nightmare, packed to the brim with SUV driving yuppy not so yummy mummies and those car sized prams they bring with them wherever they want. Tables completely covered in various baby feeding devices, toys, food, clothing and breast pumps (ok, maybe not the breast pumps but you get the picture)...all round a highly unpleasant dining experience. I think I'll give it a miss.

Sounds like ross ocarroll kelly meets north wickla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

has that horse**** with the news stopped already after only 2 days?!!
    that's the spirit Newstalk. keep reading this thread for accurate criticism!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NT running an hour of propaganda for Wellness (WRAP) as run by Mary Ellen Copeland. Not saying it doesn't work, just wondering why its getting what amounts to radios version of a Sponsored Feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Ian O'Doherty on the Sunday Show there. He's a solid go-to-guy when you need someone who knows nothing but damn if he doesn't have an opinion about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Ian O'Doherty on the Sunday Show there. He's a solid go-to-guy when you need someone who knows nothing but damn if he doesn't have an opinion about everything.
    He's very fond of himself. However, I like the way he put the boot into the amplified buskers on Grafton Street. They're an entirely legitimate target, and should be given the bum's rush without further ado.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

McDave wrote: »
    He's very fond of himself. However, I like the way he put the boot into the amplified buskers on Grafton Street. They're an entirely legitimate target, and should be given the bum's rush without further ado.

Yeah but that's all he's good for - putting the boot in. And as much as I could agree with him about the crappy buskers, he still managed to sound like a tool with that stupid story - "One of my mates, roight, mimed giving money to a mime act huh huh huh. And then the mime chased him huh huh huh" Cool story Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

God Newstalk really misses Hooky at this time of the day. He would have made the last two topics, water charges and recycling, a lot more lively (even though I do like Shane Coleman).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lteegan wrote: »
    God Newstalk really misses Hooky at this time of the day. He would have made the last two topics, water charges and recycling, a lot more lively (even though I do like Shane Coleman).

Thats a double edge sword he can be interesting when hes not trying to feed his ego or waffling on about how hes old.

Don't get my wrong when it comes to pieces on the elderly he is quite good but he plays off on it too much in his other slots, sometimes he plays way to dumb to be believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Calhoun wrote: »
    Thats a double edge sword he can be interesting when hes not trying to feed his ego or waffling on about how hes old.

Don't get my wrong when it comes to pieces on the elderly he is quite good but he plays off on it too much in his other slots, sometimes he plays way to dumb to be believable.

+1

But when he starts on about the 'lovely Ingrid' or 'leafy Foxrock'....

Coleman is asking a lot of hard questions to Pat Falvey all the same... I dont really get Pat Falvey .. If he has a death wish then let him off, but bringing him on acting the hero just encourages other people to follow him up the hill.... Fair enough if it's a single man, but most of these people have families... At least Shane Coleman is calling him on it...

Those 50 people that died Pat.. Was it worth it for their families? Was it responsible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Gaelige.... but I reached the radio before the second word was uttered.

Coleman is asking a lot of hard questions to Pat Falvey all the same... I dont really get Pat Falvey .. If he has a death wish then let him off, but bringing him on acting the hero just encourages other people to follow him up the hill.... Fair enough if it's a single man, but most of these people have families... At least Shane Coleman is calling him on it...

Those 50 people that died Pat.. Was it worth it for their families? Was it responsible?

I don't know what it is about Shane but his questioning style annoys me, no idea why as hes a good counter argument.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I like Christy O'Connor's contributions to OTB on Clare Hurling, but Jesus he has a serious dose of the 'ya know, ya know' bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Lteegan wrote: »

Calhoun wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about Shane but his questioning style annoys me, no idea why as hes a good counter argument.

Well I dont, I think he is one of the most annoying presenters on air.Too boring and too PC correct.A pro government supporter.He agrees with all these extra charges etcs.Easy for him to say.Afraid to offend anyone.

Four more days of him to go.

The Duncan Stewart interview proved that, he should have just let him go from the studio that time, instead of letting him rant on talking bull.

At least George says what he thinks.Although he should not keep going on about "Ingrid" alot of the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

jimmyw wrote: »
    Well I dont, I think he is one of the most annoying presenters on air.Too boring and too PC correct.A pro government supporter.He agrees with all these extra charges etcs.Easy for him to say.Afraid to offend anyone.

Four more days of him to go.

The Duncan Stewart interview proved that, he should have just let him go from the studio that time, instead of letting him rant on talking bull.

At least George says what he thinks.Although he should not keep going on about "Ingrid" alot of the time.

If you think Shane Coleman is a Gov supporter, you obviously don't listen to him.

The man is the most loyal Fianna fail supporter I have ever heard. He is usually in hysterics if you criticize he's beloved Fianna fail.

And he's brother in law is former minister dermot ahern!

If you think Shane Coleman is a Gov supporter, you obviously don't listen to him.

The man is the most loyal Fianna fail supporter I have ever heard. He is usually in hysterics if you criticize he's beloved Fianna fail.

I think it's his questioning style, he is to keen too aggressive when it comes to asking questions.

You nearly get the impression he knows too much about the topic than the person he's interviewing so without letting them finish their point he jump's all overthem.

In comparison, if you listen to Pat (When i have listened) he lets them speak first then questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well maybe your right and I don't listen for long enough because I change channels, but when I do, he seems to be defending all the decisions of the government.(I suppose Fianna Fall and Fine Gael are really the same) I normally dont hear him put the other side of the argument, but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Well maybe your right and I don't listen for long enough because I change channels, but when I do, he seems to be defending all the decisions of the government.(I suppose Fianna Fall and Fine Gael are really the same) I normally dont hear him put the other side of the argument, but I could be wrong.

I can't stand listening to him. He sees no wrong with what he's beloved Fianna fail have done to this country.

If this guy was a political correspondent for a national paper its no wonder nothing was ever written about FF during there years of mass fraud!

I thought the country would have had enough of PWC's advice ?

Country is doing well; call in PWC for consultation. Country collapses; call in PWC for an audit

There also on radio 1.

The circle is obviously still intact!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No Moncrieff today, feckin budget misery all day long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

is there no George Hook for the budget coverage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Washout wrote: »
    is there no George Hook for the budget coverage?

On hols, Chris and Ivan doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The f***ing volume increase during the ads drives me nuts.

It's eh. eh .e h. eh. eh ... Jack O' eh eh eh Connor... That's all folks..

• Advertisement

is that the same dozy cow that does/did that crap technology slot giving her expert opinion on the budget?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement