Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I just had I guy from advance pitstop at the door offering servicing deals "for you and de neighbours" (in Lucan btw)
    Is ths normal?
    Him, blah blah advance pitstop...
    Me, not interested thanks.
    Him, special deals blah blah great price service.
    Me, Not interested thanks.
    Him, but we're doing special deals.
    Me, I can be rude to you if you want;)

Strangely enough he fcuked off then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

wonder if I can book my next test for next year now?

'dont know why there is a thumbs down at the top'

God help any poor bastard trying to get into DUNDRUM tonight for the early sale. Traffic all the way back to the 500 m sign on the m50 and only 10 spaces in the green car park.

In dundrum for evening shopping?

That's funny, I always presumed you were a bloke:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

pred racer wrote: »
    I just had I guy from advance pitstop at the door offering servicing deals "for you and de neighbours" (in Lucan btw)
    Is ths normal?
    Him, blah blah advance pitstop...
    Me, not interested thanks.
    Him, special deals blah blah great price service.
    Me, Not interested thanks.
    Him, but we're doing special deals.
    Me, I can be rude to you if you want;)

Strangely enough he fcuked off then :D

Advance pitstop have branches so chances are its just your local place looking for more custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In seem to remember some third party company selling discounted advance pitstop vouchers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Advanced Sh!tstop

It's C3 marketing that advance use.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    In seem to remember some third party company selling discounted advance pitstop vouchers?

He said he was from advanced pitstop.
    I wasn't in the humour for conversation;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dundrum has been mental since the bank holiday, glad I can choose not to work there. @pres that's normal we had the same a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Looking at watchdog now,the new 1.2 fiat 500s can't go up hills!

I find them 1.3 diesel Astras aren't a big fan of them either. There was one hill in new Ross and infairness it's very steep and it's from a standing stop at the bottom so no momentum to get you up the hill. I used to have to go up in first in the astra. There was only once I managed to get into second on the hill without it slowing down. Literally 1st floor it at the bottom of the hill 3500-4000 revs clutch and change to second really quick let out the clutch foot to the floor and the car would start slow down meaning you needed to change back to first.

There was one time where a car stalked in front of me in the middle of the hill some hardship trying to get it to move on the middle of hill. Now as I said it's an extremely steep long hill. I miss that astra actually took slit of skill to drive it :pac: with the golf you would easily get to third or forth by the top of the hill without even accelerating that hard.

• Advertisement

That's cos the astra weights as much as the moon though,

The 500 1.2 engine was remapped for emissions 7 months ago. Apparently this is the trade-off for chape tax.

Stheno wrote: »
    Dundrum has been mental since the bank holiday, glad I can choose not to work there. @pres that's normal we had the same a few weeks ago

So, how much did your service cost you:P

The 500 1.2 engine was remapped for emissions 7 months ago. Apparently this is the trade-off for chape tax.

What bhp are they ? They must be seriously low co2 emissions now.

He said he was from advanced pitstop.
    I wasn't in the humour for conversation;)

My dad was renting a van from one of the big rental companies in kilkenny probably the biggest nationwide one in Ireland. I don't know how it came up in conversion but that kilkenny branch service all there vehicles in advance pitstop. I thought it was a bit mad but checked the service book and there was there stamps the whole way back.

Bpmull wrote: »
    What bhp are they ? They must be seriously low co2 emissions now.

They're 69bhp apparently, even a mk2 punto with 60bhp would be quite torquey,

Co2 is 113. Mods were to get it to euro 6

They're 69bhp apparently, even a mk2 punto with 60bhp would be quite torquey,

So what features are they adding to it to bring down the emissions that are effecting it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

In dundrum for evening shopping?

That's funny, I always presumed you were a bloke:P

See ded zebras 3 things for a happy life. Point number 2 is causing a major problem. (I may be wrong but point 2 isn't money or cars!)

So what features are they adding to it to bring down the emissions that are effecting it so much.

I guessing its to do with the electronic throttle.

Car makers have been optimising their cars to specifically do well on the euro emissions cycle. This is a bit extreme though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

We looked at one lately and took it up the airport hill in Cork. It's not that steep but when she was undertaken by a 1.2 Corsa that she was trying to overtake it was decided that it was a definite no.

Was that an astra or a 500 mc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

See ded zebras 3 things for a happy life. Point number 2 is causing a major problem. (I may be wrong but point 2 isn't money or cars!)

Wimminz?

Today i found out that choclolate cake absolutely destroys me :( I've had 4 massive headaches since eating it :(

saabs off to hospital soon too :)

Just flicking through donedeal. Came across this surly it doesn't have 340k miles on it hardly ?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lower-price-vw-golf-1-9-tdi-6700/8014828

Edit it's km still high though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Just flicking through donedeal. Came across this surly it doesn't have 340k miles on it hardly ?

215k-ish miles in 6 years, about 35k miles per anum if my math is about correct.

Thats quite expensive for a car with such mileage. Then again, probably quite well maintained.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wimminz?

Today i found out that choclolate cake absolutely destroys me :( I've had 4 massive headaches since eating it :(

saabs off to hospital soon too :)

Hee, I made a chocolate cake once with 80% cocoa chocolate and no flour. The OH had one slice and was zombified for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Was that an astra or a 500 mc?

142 500. They're pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Stheno wrote: »
    Hee, I made a chocolate cake once with 80% cocoa chocolate and no flour. The OH had one slice and was zombified for hours

This yoke was only from centra and i was a mess for most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Would not like clocking that much mileage in such a boggo car, imagine his back must be broke, them seats look awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd love some chocolate cake.
    And money for insurance, sick of cycling to the work shop in the rain. :|

142 500. They're pretty poor.

Didn't toyotafanbois mother get one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Question people. If one wanted to upgrade headlights from that of normal ones to xenon HID ones on a Mondeo, is it as simple as just changing the bulbs?

I don't think it is somehow...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement