Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I did have it up for sale. If only that bastard Cheensbo bought it :P

:o

Don't worry man, I bought a total hape of sh1te instead :pac:

hard luck on it though, Fully understand the love for the motor, I've loved everythin I've ever had, even though most of them were pieces of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Cheensbo wrote: »
    :o

Don't worry man, I bought a total hape of sh1te instead :pac:

hard luck on it though, Fully understand the love for the motor, I've loved everythin I've ever had, even though most of them were pieces of crap!

Ah I'm glad you didn't. I would have felt really bad when it broke on you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

some ass parked outside my house blocking half the driveway entrance, when I drove in I crack my front bumper, not happy. I waited until I saw him and told him next time to park properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ah I'm glad you didn't. I would have felt really bad when it broke on you :o

Sorry to hear that DZ. Would you break it for parts? I'd take a good few bits off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Interslice wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that DZ. Would you break it for parts? I'd take a good few bits off you.

I don't entirely know what my plan is for it. If I could get a gearbox for 1/2 nothing I would probably change it.

I really don't think I would be able to break it here... Sure I'll let you know what happens.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Joule... So that's where they get their antifreeze from!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Looking at something for my dad so decided to rtfm.

This is just the head unit.

IMG_20141114_201653_zpsl42ufah2.jpg

I think I'll just tell him what he wants to know is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that just in English?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is that just in English?

English and German supposedly...although it's like a bad Google translate so technically it's neither.

Jaysus. Must be a complicated system

• Advertisement

It's like a slightly reskinned VAG system to be honest. Maps are identical almost. The thing is full of needless explanations of screen shots.

Just as a comparison - everything for the Leon on the left, the ceed on the right.

IMG_20141114_212955_zpsuym4ezla.jpg

IMG_20141114_212806_zpsxbf4jcu0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Good god! :eek: that's a bloody thesis right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

When I was looking at the leon last weekend with my dad I opened the glove box and I though the service book was tiny I didn't look at it properly but the books looked very short. But I suppose if it tells you what you need to know then thats grand. My golf has a kind of small folder with loads of different books in it its good as service books go unfairness my only complaint is there isn't enough service history pages to record the services will be full by the time it has another 2 services or so. That kia manual above just looks a joke in terms of length you don't want to have to spend a day looking for an answer to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Feckin wheel bearing is stuck in the hub of mah mopar.
    In addition to the brakes sh!tting themselves, turns out the wheel bearing is also gone.

Arrrgh.

I don't entirely know what my plan is for it. If I could get a gearbox for 1/2 nothing I would probably change it.

I really don't think I would be able to break it here... Sure I'll let you know what happens.:)

Sound, let me know either way. You'd probably get a box cheap enough there's full workshop manuals online to go fitting it yourself. Awkward job but probably not worth worth paying someone to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I don't see a snorkel, do you?
    2014-11-15_iri_4681184_I1.JPG

And if I saw the recovery truck following me through the floods I'd be getting worried !
    2014-11-15_iri_4681205_I3.JPG

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/calm-after-the-storm-as-rain-eases-off-30746680.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

What kind of an idiot blasts through water like that :)

Tailgating in a flood....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

The first pic is fantastic.

Tow truck should have a PA playing the jaws theme. Dur dum....... Dur dum...

Would I be right in thinking it would be right to expect 1500-2000 of the new January price of a 142 demo. Because seat are currently not allowed sell vans now it should be sorted in the next week or two but if it isn't and they can't sell them my dad was looking at alternatives. So he rang a few garages that have 142 demo golfs the cheapest one was the same price as the January straight price for a new one. Then there was a certain vw dealer (who has 700 used cars need I say more) that were looking for 450 euro more and they have 2 demos. Me and my dad were thinking they should be around 2k less as the plate will be 6 months old in January. It's like most vw garages don't want to sell anything they seem to be chronic.

• Advertisement

Anyone here on irishmoc.org? Can't access the site the last 2 days :confused:
    Hopefully just a temporary thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tailgating in a flood....

I seen two idiots tailgating in a flood last night,first car stalled after miss judging the depth and panicking and the second stalled after doing some lame effort at breaking..
    Both cars went on to recovery trucks with their engines flooded

Glad to see karma still happens in Ireland even if it is a rarity :-)

YbFocus wrote: »
    What kind of an idiot blasts through water like that :)

The place I had a summer job they seemed to have this issue a few times lads trying to drive vans through floods that are too deep. There was one lad who drove a van through a deep flood sucked in a load of water engine was rebuilt then 4-5 months later the same lad drove the same van through a flood to deep and fcuked the engine up again. People don't seem to understand where the air intake is and that it needs air not water.

Anyone ever hear of this. If you hit a flood really deep unexpectedly and as the water splashy up you turn the engine and restart it one the water has settled down you'd be saving the engine obviously that won't work if it's very deep it's more if you hit the water at high impact a few people have said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Bpmull wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear of this. If you hit a flood really deep unexpectedly and as the water splashy up you turn the engine and restart it one the water has settled down you'd be saving the engine obviously that won't work if it's very deep it's more if you hit the water at high impact a few people have said that.

It sounds a bit unlikely.
    Once the engine has stopped I doubt you could restart the car unless the exhaust was still above the water.

Even the cars that make it out the other side of a deep flood may still have done some serious damage as I understand the hot CAT hitting cold water can do terminal damage. They probably wouldn't find out about that though until it failed an emissions test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

First pic is someone who's never drove through a flood.

Build up a crest in front of the bonnet, you're pushing the water ahead of you.

Don't do it like this gom in a range rover.

article-2166316-13D94FE6000005DC-161_634x338.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Had to drive onto the wrong side of the road to avoid a particularly deep patch of water.

Even then the steam was unreal.

Was at the airport there and, in a great act of stupidity, managed to lose the ticket (for the short term car parking).

Was a bit worried (and annoyed obviously). Figured I'd be hit with a big fee for losing it (thought they'd try and get €10, €20 or more out of me to replace the ticket, seen as the place isn't exactly cheap to start with (€3 for the first hour and €4.50 for every hour after).

To my surprise (and delight), they took my reg plate off me, and gave me a replacement ticket on the spot (for free) (via the intercom on the machine). Was delighted with myself. Fair play to them. More hospitable than I'd have expected, to be honest.

Saw a woman destroy the whole side of her lovely 141 white A4 in a hotel multistory earlier. Scraped it off a support pillar. Poor girl was in tears.

This is my 5th Saturday in a row staying in a hotel and will be again in Dublin next week. Could get used to this rock star lifestyle :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Saw a woman destroy the whole side of her lovely 141 white A4 in a hotel multistory earlier. Scraped it off a support pillar. Poor girl was in tears.

This is my 5th Saturday in a row staying in a hotel and will be again in Dublin next week. Could get used to this rock star lifestyle :P

I used to like when I was put up somewhere for work, but now when I hear that our new site is in Cork/Galway or wherever I dread it, means I'm away from home all week and once we're finished up for the day theres sfa to do...:o

(i'm a bit of a cynic...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Was at the airport there and, in a great act of stupidity, managed to lose the ticket (for the short term car parking).

Was a bit worried (and annoyed obviously). Figured I'd be hit with a big fee for losing it (thought they'd try and get €10, €20 or more out of me to replace the ticket, seen as the place isn't exactly cheap to start with (€3 for the first hour and €4.50 for every hour after).

To my surprise (and delight), they took my reg plate off me, and gave me a replacement ticket on the spot (for free) (via the intercom on the machine). Was delighted with myself. Fair play to them. More hospitable than I'd have expected, to be honest.

Freaky, I was at the airport there this morning and lost my ticket. I just went up to the barrier and pressed the button and a ticket came out, went inside put it into the machine, and since I was under 15 mins, I hadn't to pay anything (Despite the fact that I was there about an hour) :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement