Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options
  • 16-05-2013 1:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Continuation from motors chat round 6

1.This thread is for motoring topics which you feel are not worthy of starting a new thread for, banter from a meet or general motoring related chit chat.

2.No lonely hearts (This is not a personal dig at anyone, it's how we feel is the best way to describe what we want to avoid. )

3.Keep it clean.

4.The Motors charter applies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

No no, NO snow please, especially during weekdays :P Christmas snow is good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

No no, NO snow please, especially during weekdays :P Christmas snow is good though!

Yes yes yes for snow, drift to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'd buy a Jimny or something for the laugh! Haha

I drive mine with a massive grin.

Cheekiest car in all exsistence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mycroft H wrote: »
    I drive mine with a massive grin.

Cheekiest car in all exsistence.

Nah for me it has to be the Sei.... I get giddy behind the wheel, I''ve parked it very far back so it looks like no car is in the space, parked it in a trolley bay, drove it through pedestrian walkways in car parks (RCSI for example), picked it up myself off the ground and turned it 180 degrees.... Endless fun :D

My next quest is to drive it into the back of a van :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

dgt wrote: »
    Nah for me it has to be the Sei.... I get giddy behind the wheel, I''ve parked it very far back so it looks like no car is in the space, parked it in a trolley bay, drove it through pedestrian walkways in car parks (RCSI for example), picked it up myself off the ground and turned it 180 degrees.... Endless fun :D

My next quest is to drive it into the back of a van :p
    You're one of those w*nkers? Noo! :P

Pity I've sold the truck, fun times driving around the seicento in the back would be funny

• Advertisement

You're one of those w*nkers? Noo! :P

Pity I've sold the truck, fun times driving around the seicento in the back would be funny

Sure its one of the small kicks I get in my sad existance :D its soooo funny to watch people swing to drive in only to give out stink that theres a car there already :p doesn't work so well with any other car here though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

On the way home home from college m8. Seen a few lads sitting under a bridge on the opposite side of the road. Then look over to the overtaking lane 520d in sh!t I'm guessing the back stepped out and the front ploughed straight into the crash barrier. Fairly dangerous situation as the car is just sitting with hazards on nothing kind of on a slight bend in the road too. So much surface water on the road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

pred racer wrote: »
    I know the level of muppetry that comes out when it snows, I was just taking the piss. With a small side of BMW drivers BMWs can't drive in snow. ;)

Hey hey hey hey hey :)
    I found the car to be fine in snow, once you took the tc off. Hopeless otherwise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

pred racer wrote: »
    I know the level of muppetry that comes out when it snows, I was just taking the piss. With a small side of BMW drivers BMWs can't drive in snow. ;)

Think I have a photo somewhere of a 3 series abandoned at the side of the road with snow socks on the front wheels. It takes a special breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Also, this is the first rain to hit Dublin in ages so I'd say there will be carnage on greasy roads today.

• Advertisement

Also, this is the first rain to hit Dublin in ages so I'd say there will be carnage on greasy roads today.

Last rain I saw was 2 weeks ago, longer I don't see rain the better :cool:

The road into Slane is done up beautifully, no loose chippings sh*te. I was on it about half 2 last night and thought it was wet, no just an unholy shine off it. What'll it be like when it gets a bit damp :eek:

dgt wrote: »
    Last rain I saw was 2 weeks ago, longer I don't see rain the better :cool:

The road into Slane is done up beautifully, no loose chippings sh*te. I was on it about half 2 last night and thought it was wet, no just an unholy shine off it. What'll it be like when it gets a bit damp :eek:

Grand auld roads ye (we) have out in meath, hai.
    Particularly around that 2 roundabouts beside the navan shopping center.

I'm enjoying "having" to drive up there every night this week to move stuff to my new house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Went to book NCT, mine is due next month 8th of October but I wanted to wait for my shocks to arrive as I know it will fail on those, its getting closer to the date so I decided to book today anyway, I tried a few Dublin centers and closest date I could find was 13th of November. Oh well, hope the Portlaois meeting is before the 8th of October.

Went to book NCT, mine is due next month 8th of October but I wanted to wait for my shocks to arrive as I know it will fail on those, its getting closer to the date so I decided to book today anyway, I tried a few Dublin centers and closest date I could find was 13th of November. Oh well, hope the Portlaois meeting is before the 8th of October.
    I'm hoping for the 5th!

Anyway, be grand like. Sure most of my cars are out by 6 months or more.

Actually, thinking about it, apart from my Alfa and my Fiesta the others are out by over 6 months! My truck (which I have agreed a deal to sell) is out of CVRT/DOE for approx 6 months, my Z is out by over a year !

I'm hoping for the 5th!

Anyway, be grand like. Sure most of my cars are out by 6 months or more.

Actually, thinking about it, apart from my Alfa and my Fiesta the others are out by over 6 months! My truck (which I have agreed a deal to sell) is out of CVRT/DOE for approx 6 months, my Z is out by over a year !

5 points for that, I would not like to meet a grumpy garda one day

5 points for that, I would not like to meet a grumpy garda one day

Aye, that's the risk alright I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Once you're taxed and insured you'd be grand with a test out a couple months.

If you're achtung the cvnt though they'd just use it as a stick to beat you with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The Jimnys out a week or two. NCT is in November. Problem with cancellations is that it's hard to get one that matches a day off work. Not so simple for everyone.

In my experience of garda checkpoints, they check tax first then insurance, usually just waving you on. Funny that tax seems to be priority 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

In my experience of garda checkpoints, they check tax first then insurance, usually just waving you on. Funny that tax seems to be priority 1

They always check my boards sticker first :pac:

Speaking of which when i was on the way to sligo there the weekend I seen another one on the back of a blue polo! :D

• Advertisement

Cleveland, your new car is one of the scrolling photos on Sohans website, http://www.souhan.ie/ anyone any ide how much it costs for them to make up custom backbox for a car? I am considering doing this or I can import a 2nd hand Nur-spec one without a silencer for under 120, I would want the silencer I am sure as I arrive home from work at 12:00 some nights.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cleveland, your new car is one of the scrolling photos on Sohans website, http://www.souhan.ie/ anyone any ide how much it costs for them to make up custom backbox for a car? I am considering doing this or I can import a 2nd hand Nur-spec one without a silencer for under 120, I would want the silencer I am sure as I arrive home from work at 12:00 some nights.

They made and fit a new midbox on the gtv for €140 iirc, at the time Alfa wanted about €650 for the part alone. Give them a ring and they'll give you a quote, you need to book the car in if you are getting it done as they are fairly busy, but there is a caff down the road that does a deadly all day breakfast while you wait for the car :)

Stheno wrote: »
    They made and fit a new midbox on the gtv for €140 iirc, at the time Alfa wanted about €650 for the part alone. Give them a ring and they'll give you a quote, you need to book the car in if you are getting it done as they are fairly busy, but there is a caff down the road that does a deadly all day breakfast while you wait for the car :)

I sent them a message just there, thanks

Bpmull wrote: »
    On the way home home from college m8. Seen a few lads sitting under a bridge on the opposite side of the road. Then look over to the overtaking lane 520d in sh!t I'm guessing the back stepped out and the front ploughed straight into the crash barrier. Fairly dangerous situation as the car is just sitting with hazards on nothing kind of on a slight bend in the road too. So much surface water on the road too.

On this my dad was driving past the same spot no less than 20 minutes after me and my mother when I wrote this. He passed the BMW and within 500m on the other side of the motorway there was a flipped focus on its roof. Thats fair going within an hour of each other. There was a lot of surface water on the road but still id say it was a mixture of bad tyres and just bad driving standing on the brakes when you hit the water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Left the Astra parked in Cork City last night around 10pm for about two hours; across the river from the social welfare office. When I come back, the nearside wing mirror had been kicked off :mad:. My car wasn't the only one either, three others along the road had the same thing done. There are no cameras in the area so whatever cretin did it gets off scot free. Really pisses me off that some people think its OK to do something like that. Would make me think twice about parking the car in a public place again.

Ya I'm very cautious about where I park my car, try to pick out the less scummy areas. Thankfully in my area, there isn't any real scumville.

Ford wanted €19 pre vat for this little fellow :eek: I laughed hard.... come to think of it the parts sales man did too... to ebay it is!

$_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Left the Astra parked in Cork City last night around 10pm for about two hours; across the river from the social welfare office. When I come back, the nearside wing mirror had been kicked off :mad:. My car wasn't the only one either, three others along the road had the same thing done. There are no cameras in the area so whatever cretin did it gets off scot free. Really pisses me off that some people think its OK to do something like that. Would make me think twice about parking the car in a public place again.
    Same happened me a few years ago parked outside maradyke as I drove out not drinking come back some Cnut kicked mirror off and broke back wiper I was raging. Had to fork out to fix myself of course. Some right mongaloids out there boy no respect

Ford wanted €19 pre vat for this little fellow :eek: I laughed hard.... come to think of it the parts sales man did too... to ebay it is!

You'll find that about a lot of ford parts. I often wondered did my local parts desk just pick figures out of the sky even with 10-20 % discount the parts were seriously dear. I should know I spent plenty of time in there I was well known by the parts staff :pac: I'll never forget having to give 100 quid for an oil intercooler pipe that was about a foot long. I couldn't get it anywhere else other the the fords part desk do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Hello all,

I'm currently changing an injector seal on a 2005 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI.

Slight problem I have is that to get at the inner bolt holding the injector down I must remove the plastic holder holding the diesel drain off pipe I think, however this bolt just spinning around and not beung screwed out.

Hope the above makes sense, Any advice is greatly appreciated

Please see the pic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement