Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Well, yeah, there are better deals and generally better cars to be found in the UK. And even with VRT and travel costs I'm saving a lot of money on this going to the UK. Bar my own RCZ, the only other 1.6 THP 200 bhp model in the country belongs to Peugeot Ireland, so with rare cars like it I don't have much of a choice.

I'm buying a Toyota GT86 and giving my girlfriend the RCZ. I looked at everything with her; DS3 cabriolet, MX5, Punto Abarth and there was a problem with all of them. She likes the RCZ and I like the GT86, so its a win-win.

Really only 2 THP 200 in the country? Is the one that belongs to peugeot for sale or do they keep it as a pet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Oh ya I'm well aware of the specification of Ford's badges, just wanted to give the oul vw fanbois a bit of a dig ;) :pac:

There wasn't a tddi badge on it at all! I've a feeling the boot was resprayed at some stage, and the focus badge was placed back on the wrong spot. I took it off (brought paint with it!! :mad:) and will put it back on the proper left hand side.

The back of it just looks wrong with the way the badge is on it alright. It's a amazing how you'd see it straight away. Once you move the focus badge and add the tddi badge it should look a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Really only 2 THP 200 in the country? Is the one that belongs to peugeot for sale or do they keep it as a pet?

So I have been told. Peugeot Ireland did own the other one, I don't know if they still do or if it has been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Lads what do ye think would be the best value for money manual to get for DIY stuff, Haynes or Bentley? Looking to do some small bits to the E39 like the brake switch and I'm not sure would the Haynes cover stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Seen this in the bargain alerts thread and thought I'd post here. Free bulbs and fitting on BMWs. Need to be non-working do.

http://www.bmwservice.ie/web/see-and-be-seen/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Seen this in the bargain alerts thread and thought I'd post here. Free bulbs and fitting on BMWs. Need to be non-working do.

http://www.bmwservice.ie/web/see-and-be-seen/

Seen 3 cars in 20 minutes tonight missing a dipped headlight and it's mad foggy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

And the amount of people with fog lights but without them turned on... Are we that uptight about fog lights that we don't even use them when it's foggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

CianRyan wrote: »
    And the amount of people with fog lights but without them turned on... Are we that uptight about fog lights that we don't even use them when it's foggy?

I use them ALL the time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Carzone has changed a bit this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Lads what do ye think would be the best value for money manual to get for DIY stuff, Haynes or Bentley? Looking to do some small bits to the E39 like the brake switch and I'm not sure would the Haynes cover stuff like that.

I would get a Bentley manual, have one for the 900 and it out does haynes in every sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I use them ALL the time! :D

52831.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Never had the need for any manuals. Either stuff was handy enough as it is to figure out, or there was detailed guides online for it. They're such popular cars that the online community is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Never had the need for any manuals. Either stuff was handy enough as it is to figure out, or there was detailed guides online for it. They're such popular cars that the online community is massive.

Apparently zero guides exist for replacing the brake light switch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Quick one lads.... not planning on leaving dublin bus or anything but i want to go for the truck licences

I already have the bus licence and cpc with it, what is the process for getting the trucks re: cpc etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You don't need to do another CPC AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The fog was actually ridiculously heavy round Allenwood last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Big Nasty wrote: »
    You don't need to do another CPC AFAIK

That's what i was hoping. ... just the theory and then lessons + test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Had Range Rover sorted out most of their reliability issues by 2010?

Anyone have experience of the 3.6 TDV8 unit? What is real world mpg in a FFRR?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Quite exciting indeed, the original plan was to go over in January but I pushed it forward a month! Scheduled to get the keys to our new house the following week too so an exciting month overall for us.

Was the BRZ an option? I've seen a number of reviews going through their similarities and differences with varied conclusions as to which is preferable, ie it's a personal taste thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Had Range Rover sorted out most of their reliability issues by 2010?

Anyone have experience of the 3.6 TDV8 unit? What is real world mpg in a FFRR?

Views differ as to whether any diesel can be a Full Fat and while the 4.4 TDV8 was a step up from 3.6, I thought it was well regarded. Head over to fullfatrr.com.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Just noticed 131spanner has closed account :( if you're reading, best of luck man

I'm not on enough to notice these things anymore.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Good thing about a fumy exhaust... it sure keeps the tailgaters away. I think I'm going slightly mad. I haven't been able to stop since I got home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Dartz wrote: »
    Good thing about a fumy exhaust... it sure keeps the tailgaters away. I think I'm going slightly mad. I haven't been able to stop since I got home....

I found a wall of black smoke worked a treat....

You don't be up my neck of the woods, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Finally saw the new Nissan Pulsar in the metal and its a very handsome car.
    I reckon they might sell quite a few of those.

Finally saw the new Nissan Pulsar in the metal and its a very handsome car.
    I reckon they might sell quite a few of those.

Pity theres no gt-r version or spec on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Pity theres no gt-r version or spec on it though

I reckon if it they can get volume sales going then it wouldn't be to hard to get a few hot models arranged for the UK market.
    I think its a euro only model however, so no lairy japanese models to import either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Bit of a strange problem with the focus steering. If you go to turn when driving along it almost resists turning until you add a bit more pressure, and then it'll suddenly give?

I reckon if it they can get volume sales going then it wouldn't be to hard to get a few hot models arranged for the UK market.
    I think its a euro only model however, so no lairy japanese models to import either.

Ah feck sake :( sit tight and see so!
    Bit of a strange problem with the focus steering. If you go to turn when driving along it almost resists turning until you add a bit more pressure, and then it'll suddenly give?

Sounds like your pump is on the way out! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Sounds like your pump is on the way out! 

Oh ya? Anyone have an idea on the cost of that? I remember when I thought the Mondeo had that problem, the cost of a new one wasn't nice :o

• Advertisement

Oh ya? Anyone have an idea on the cost of that? I remember when I thought the Mondeo had that problem, the cost of a new one wasn't nice :o

Sounds similar to the pump on the astra when it was going, I'd say you'd get one in a scrappy fairly handy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement