Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My current dilema is to either keep Sterling, or, ship him out to make room for Pelle. What are people's thoughts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    My current dilema is to either keep Sterling, or, ship him out to make room for Pelle. What are people's thoughts?!

I'm in the exact same boat. Add to that that Pellè will rise tonight.
    Thing is. I'd love to ditch Ulloa. But if Costa is really injured... To allow Ulloa -> Pellè I need to get rid of either Sterling or Ivanovic...

About Sterling. He was supposed to be tired before, during and after the international break. He played the full 90 today and Liverpool had to pull the finger. Wednesday they play Real Madrid in Anfield and it's a must win game. So Sterling should play. Is it insanely stupid to think he might be rested for Hull at home. Or is it me fantasising my transfer plan? Or is all this tiring stuff bullsh*t talks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

PARlance wrote: »
    That's exactly my point.
    There is waiting and seeing involved.
    CURRENTLY he's nowhere near a must have.

whats youre current position overall by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

evo2000 wrote: »
    whats youre current position overall by the way?

I agree with PARlance and my current position is 3,432 if that helps or is relevant?
    What's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    Or is all this tiring stuff bullsh*t talks?

It's all horse sh!te I'd say. How could he be tired in October?!

• Advertisement

I agree with PARlance and my current position is 3,432 if that helps or is relevant?
    What's yours?

was just wondering! he seems to know alot id say his fairly high up! im 2,447 i was higher tho :(

Was there always so many question marks over such high profile players?

Between Costa, Aguero, Sterling etc it's getting a bit tiring :pac: Seriously though there could be some week soon where they all get rested or whatever at the same time and it could cause pandemonium

G1032 wrote: »

he ll be grand once his back to liverpool rodgers gives him a few days off, so i dont think it ll be a problem..

was just wondering! he seems to know alot id say his fairly high up! im 2,447 i was higher tho :(

I think you're doing pretty alright if you're in 2447 place. How many points is that just to see how far off you I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

That's a very good score. I may be wrong on this but there doesn't seem to be a 2447 place at the moment, it jumps from 2413 to 2469. What's your team id?

• Advertisement

Yeah I know but that doesn't suit me :(... :pac:...

I think you're doing pretty alright if you're in 2447 place. How many points is that just to see how far off you I am?

yeah its my best run so far! 483, what you on ?

That's a very good score. I may be wrong on this but there doesn't seem to be a 2447 place at the moment, it jumps from 2413 to 2469. What's your team id?

Yeah it updated, and no, since my actually name is on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Initially injured on April 1st but atletico used injections to get him through the rest of the season, They were in the running for the league,spanish cup and champions league at that stage. Went to the World Cup unfiit then got a 2 week break before a full pre season with Chelsea.

Had a lot going against him... Atleticos reliance on him, Spain's need for him which didn't work out and a pre season to settle into a new club.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ah jaysus lads my head is fried trying to figure out what to do with Sterling! On the one hand he's been performing well but on the other hand Liverpool have been playing poorly for the last month or so and Sturridge is gonna be out for another while. Oh what to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Is Costa to Pelle crazy to be considering?

irish son wrote: »
    Is Costa to Pelle crazy to be considering?

if costa isnt out for a good stretch then i think it would be abit crazy!

yeah its my best run so far! 483, what you on ?

479. Ranking is fairly irrelevant right now anyway with bout 80% of the season still to go. I was sitting at 870k this time last year so it's all relative

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If you're an experienced and good player (there are many of them on here, I am not one btw) then you'd probably know better than using your ranking at this stage of the season as some sort of measurement of knowledge, ability, whatever.

I'm at 57k but will probably drop down a fair bit tomorrow and I'm probably ahead of many players on here that will ultimately finish higher a lot higher than me.

I'm glad you got to mention your ranking though. No one took the bait last night when you asked so I'm happy that itch is gone for you.

If you're an experienced and good player (there are many of them on here, I am not one btw) then you'd probably know better than using your ranking at this stage of the season as some sort of measurement of knowledge, ability, whatever.

I'm at 57k but will probably drop down a fair bit tomorrow and I'm probably ahead of many players on here that will ultimately finish higher a lot higher than me.

I'm glad you got to mention your ranking though. No one took the bait last night when you asked so I'm happy that itch is gone for you.

Relax man i was only asking.. you seem as if u know alot so i was thinkin ud be fairly high up! no need to take offense to everything its only a game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Not sure what to do with transfers this week.. Have 2.. Already have Forster in goal and Alderwiereld so might ditch him for another 5m defender or a 4.5 and upgrade sterling to someone like silva- Walcott is in my sights for when he's fit soon

Initially injured on April 1st but atletico used injections to get him through the rest of the season, They were in the running for the league,spanish cup and champions league at that stage. Went to the World Cup unfiit then got a 2 week break before a full pre season with Chelsea.

Had a lot going against him... Atleticos reliance on him, Spain's need for him which didn't work out and a pre season to settle into a new club.

We were talking about Sterling :pac:.

That said very interesting that you reminded all of us the whole story about Diego Costa fitness. He may well need a break right now to come back fully fit. Will Mourinho give it to him? We'll probably never know.

but on a side note "You're talking to a lad that was claiming last night that Falcao is currently a must have." and that lad is leaving you for dust!! :D :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Relax man i was only asking.. you seem as if u know alot so i was thinkin ud be fairly high up! no need to take offense to everything its only a game!

I'm very relaxed :) I'm sitting on 97 points with 2 to play, I'm relaxed and great (this week) ;)

The real people how know a lot will tell you that rankings at this stage of the season mean very little.

To draw this to a close, I support United, I hope & think that Falcao could be very good this year, he could easily start banging them in from tomorrow onwards but for him to become a must have realistically it'll take at least 2 weeks of double figure points.

Fair enough if you think he's a must have. But he doesn't currently fall into the general parameters of a "must have" that the masses use, the 2 main ones being an extremely high ownership and a top point scorer in his position (previous actual scores rather than hunches).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I'll be going Sterling out for Tadic.

I have 0.0m in the bank, so am a bit hamstrung by that. Bring in Tadic will free up about 1.0m. I have Duff Wisdom and Moore at the back and could do with strenghtening one of them. I don't necessarily think Tadic will outscore Sterling, but for me it's a of Tadic and someone like Kaboul probably outscoring Sterling and Moore.

I'm very relaxed :) I'm sitting on 97 points with 2 to play, I'm relaxed and great (this week) ;)

The real people how know a lot will tell you that rankings at this stage of the season mean very little.

To draw this to a close, I support United, I hope & think that Falcao could be very good this year, he could easily start banging them in from tomorrow onwards but for him to become a must have realistically it'll take at least 2 weeks of double figure points.

Fair enough if you think he's a must have. But he doesn't currently fall into the general parameters of a "must have" that the masses use, the 2 main ones being an extremely high ownership and a top point scorer in his position (previous actual scores rather than hunches).

Thats very true, i reckon he ll do fairly well tomorrow, you ve good points aswell tho! to each there own ! i was only throwin out my opinion! we ll agree to disagree !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ivanovic out.Coleman in Evertons horrible run is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

you can know A LOT about the game and still make AWFUL decisions :)

Rikand wrote: »
    you can know A LOT about the game and still make AWFUL decisions :)

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/523961398242447361

Not that you can trust anything Jose says

Advertisement