Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Re. Costa festive fixtures could be a genuine concern, with so many games in a short space of time (easy to get him back in then with the Jan wildcard). No way am I selling him right now tho

Re. Sterling surprised to see so many dropping him, but at the same time I can understand it with Tadic/Baines hot property right now (dropped Fab myself in order to facilitate getting Baines). Be interesting to see how all this plays out going forward, with midfield's becoming more differentiated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Which is stronger, to keep option 1 or take a -4pt hit for option 2:

1. Keep Sterling, Wilson and Ulloa

2. Bring in Obertan, Baines and Wellbeck.

Option 2 does seem attractive and I can afford to take a 4pt hit.

Problem with #2 is squad balance especially when you want that premium mid back (e.g. Walcott)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Jagielka or Rose??? Dunno which to go with.
    Have to use 2 FT to get in Jags, only 1 to get in Rose.

I don't think Jags is worth it to be honest. While he's had some good returns (2 goals recently) I feel that may be a bit of a purple patch that won't last. Look at his stats. He didn't score at all last year. Before this year he scored 10 goals in 8 years (and 4 of those were back in the 06/07 season). I can't see him scoring too many more this year.

Rose obviously doesn't score many either, but he's 0.5 cheaper, and Spurs I feel will be more solid defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Would it be a good idea to take Costa out for Pelle only for the upcoming gameweek then swap them back for the following week?
    Have no money in the bank atm but surely if anything id make something on Pelle and Costa wont budge in price. Doing well this year up to around 9k so don't wanna mess this up

Would it be a good idea to take Costa out for Pelle only for the upcoming gameweek then swap them back for the following week?
    Have no money in the bank atm but surely if anything id make something on Pelle and Costa wont budge in price. Doing well this year up to around 9k so don't wanna mess this up

You need to check your cost price and sell price of Costa very carefully. You may not be able to get him back in if he doesn't drop enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

You need to check your cost price and sell price of Costa very carefully. You may not be able to get him back in if he doesn't drop enough.

Completely forgot about that Monday brain fart! rules out that move so. Might take a 4pt hit to get pelle in as my 3rd striker could well be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I would dearly love to rejig my whole defensive structure. It wasn't designed to last beyond GW8 as I assumed I'd have played the WC by now. Using it to fix a defence, especially the way this season has gone is not going to happen but I would like a shiny new one for the next 8 GWs. My escapades with RVP/Nolan have screwed me much more than the -4 I spent making it happen.

De Gea - Hamer
    Clyne - Bardsley - Coloccini - PVA - Moore

That does not look too hot going forwards. Baines and Lloris would make that look a lot more sumptuous. The thoughts of Costa -> Welbeck are creeping in too but I'm well aware that would be folly as of Monday 20th.

Maybe FHFC knows me better than I know myself with that bold prediction that I couldn't resist the WC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Sterling > Eriksen
    Ulloa > Pellé

Good transfers?

I would dearly love to rejig my whole defensive structure. It wasn't designed to last beyond GW8 as I assumed I'd have played the WC by now. Using it to fix a defence, especially the way this season has gone is not going to happen but I would like a shiny new one for the next 8 GWs. My escapades with RVP/Nolan have screwed me much more than the -4 I spent making it happen.

De Gea - Hamer
    Clyne - Bardsley - Coloccini - PVA - Moore

That does not look too hot going forwards. Baines and Lloris would make that look a lot more sumptuous. The thoughts of Costa -> Welbeck are creeping in too but I'm well aware that would be folly as of Monday 20th.

Maybe FHFC knows me better than I know myself with that bold prediction that I couldn't resist the WC :eek:

How much in the bank? It wouldn't look bad with Lloris and say Chambers or Craig Dawson/Wisdom for DDG and PVA. Or Foster/Heaton if you need the cash

How much in the bank? It wouldn't look bad with Lloris and say Chambers or Craig Dawson/Wisdom for DDG and PVA. Or Foster/Heaton if you need the cash

0 in the bank and my transfer already used :)

If I eliminate Baines from my thoughts it's relatively manageable, just not this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Still not decided...

Azpi ---» Baines
    Sterling ---» Tadic/Chadli

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If I eliminate Baines from my thoughts it's relatively manageable, just not this week

Post your whole team Mr P. De Gea Moore Bardsley and Van Aanholt could all do with a swift exit i.m.o.
    It might genuinely be a good time to use that WC (tho hold off til after Champs League games at least)

manual_man wrote: »
    Post your whole team Mr P. De Gea Moore Bardsley and Van Aanholt could all do with a swift exit i.m.o.
    It might genuinely be a good time to use that WC (tho hold off til after Champs League games at least)

Yeah this could be a good week to WC in terms of making some money alone. Tadic, Baines, Aguero and Pelle should all see significant rises.

Just ignore Baines for now: 3 away matches in 5, Europa League, expensive. At least that's what I keep telling myself :(

Just ignore Baines for now: 3 away matches in 5, Europa League, expensive. At least that's what I keep telling myself :(

And just the 5 assists, a goal and 2 cleanies in the last 6 games!

De Gea - Hamer
    Clyne - PVA - Colo - Moore - Bardsley
    ADM - Fab - Tadic - Siggy - Marney
    Costa - Aguero - Pelle

0 in the bank. I really think I can wait it out for the next international break as my front 7 is fine bar worries over Costa

And just the 5 assists, a goal and 2 cleanies in the last 6 games!

*covers ears* La la la, can't hear you
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ah lads, will ye ever transfer in Luis in your droves TYVM.

My hunch is now looking like the most miscalculated moved in FF history!

I envisaged a major rush on him but that doesn't look to have happened. Oh well, at least he should get a clean sheet against QPR and outscore PvA over the next two weeks by the four points I took a hit on getting him in.

Also the slight chance of him excelling in the position and gaining the trust of Mourinho, shifting Azp over the right afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have Schmeichel as my only playing gk at the moment but not happy with him. Have 1.5 in the bank and am just wondering if I'd be better off getting another cheap gk to rotate with him or just going all out and getting Lloris maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have Schmeichel as my only playing gk at the moment but not happy with him. Have 1.5 in the bank and am just wondering if I'd be better off getting another cheap gk to rotate with him or just going all out and getting Lloris maybe?
    I'd plunge for Frazer Forster instead. He has a nice 4 weeks ahead of him and is priced at 5.1, instead of the 5.6 of Lloris.

Speaking of keepers, Jakupovic of Hull is now the cheapest playing GK in the game, priced at 4.0. He should get at least two weeks of games thanks to injuries to McGregor and Harper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'd plunge for Frazer Forster instead. He has a nice 4 weeks ahead of him and is priced at 5.1, instead of the 5.6 of Lloris.

Ya Forster is a good choice but I already have Bertrand though and have never been a fan of doubling up on defence. Could work out for the 4 weeks though...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Has rose been playing well? Looking at spurs defensive coverage,I thought Davies would be first choice left back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Gea - Hamer
    Clyne - PVA - Colo - Moore - Bardsley
    ADM - Fab - Tadic - Siggy - Marney
    Costa - Aguero - Pelle

0 in the bank. I really think I can wait it out for the next international break as my front 7 is fine bar worries over Costa

Just the boringly easy Nolan to Tadic transfer? Hmmm you're getting far too reasonable Mr.Prodston :pac:.

Seriously though, rushing your WC doesn't sound right with the team you have. Of course Baines is as tempting as the forbidden frut but it would imply an 8 pts hit which seems heresy. If Costa is confirmed out for several weeks though, many will take hits and then you could consider this move. Other than that I'd keep trust in your squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a lot of people seem to be going nuts getting Pellé AND Tadic into their team.

that's going to end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

SlickRic wrote: »

I would not put Pellè and Tadic on the same level though.

Pellè is the current second best striker in the fantasy league and considering the price diff with Aguero and the 2 little points that separate them you could say he's the best value striker at the moment.

Tadic had an absolute blinder this week. Before that he had 3 assists only. I'm not saying he's not worth it, especially for £7.5m or so but he's unproven in the PL and Southampton are not going to score 8 each week.

About the "going nuts thing", the problem is, especially with the new blind price change system, one may not be able to afford Pellè if waiting. I did it yesterday for Ulloa (who's been an absolute disaster in my team) so that, despite how much I hate doing this that early, I saved what I think could be a very precious £0.2m swing.

--- edit ---

Just noticed the AND in your post. Well my points stand but they don't really refer to yours...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Agreed,bought Tadic in a classic knee jerk. Likely to move him asap for Spurs cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

dahat wrote: »
    Agreed,bought Tadic in a classic knee jerk. Likely to move him asap for Spurs cover.

Tadic comes with a good record in previous seasons, has hit the ground running and is on penalties for a team performing well, will do well I reckon

flugel wrote: »
    Tadic comes with a good record in previous seasons, has hit the ground running and is on penalties for a team performing well, will do well I reckon

one of them should probably in your team alright, but two attackers from Southampton in your team is risky.

IMO if you have 2 attackers from one team, it should be an elite team only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

There both value player in the game I would say, probably going to rise in price and in form.

Saying that, having both might be overkill.

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    There both value player in the game I would say, probably going to rise in price and in form.

Saying that, having both might be overkill.

again, I agree, they're both good value, but both in your team is overkill IMO.

There are better teams than Southampton that need to be represented in your team.

Advertisement