Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

G1032 wrote: »
    Just read these figures below.

Take three very popular premium midfielders, Silva, YaYa, Fabregas and their scores over the last 4 years.
    Silva (151, 147, 184, 144) -> average of 156.5 points
    YaYa (241, 142, 139, 146) -> average of 167 points
    Fabregas last 4 PL seasons (205, 108, 214, 128) -> 163.75 points

and then look at Baines (169, 177, 134, 178) -> average 164.5.

Yes, I've only picked three players but they are very much all a premium midfielder in FF terms and I haven't all night for further analysis......

Baines is basically a premium midfielder for 7.1m. Very difficult to argue against having him when looking at numbers like those above.

My only decision now is who to get in for Sterling as I make room for Baines. It's either Tadic or Henderson. Might go for Tadic. Could get a price rise out of him and ship him off in 4 weeks time.

I don't have Baines myself but this is a great post. Very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Take three very popular premium midfielders, Silva, YaYa, Fabregas and their scores over the last 4 years.

Yes, I've only picked three players but they are very much all a premium midfielder in FF terms and I haven't all night for further analysis......

Baines is basically a premium midfielder for 7.1m. Very difficult to argue against having him when looking at numbers like those above.

My only decision now is who to get in for Sterling as I make room for Baines. It's either Tadic or Henderson. Might go for Tadic. Could get a price rise out of him and ship him off in 4 weeks time.

Nail... Head...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wouldn't be gone on Baines. Can never get my head around tying up that much in defence and being heavily restricted on my big hitters elsewhere.

This excellent post is causing me to reconsider for the first time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

jive wrote: »
    krul/foster

baines/bertrand/moore/duff/chambers

siggy/hazard/sterling/tadic/marney

aguero/costa/welbeck

2FTs this week

Any use using a transfer with that team? 0.4 itb, Sterling on thin ice - nice fixture coming up but he could be rested? Tempted to get Eriksen for him but Tottenham looking poor enough although they have 1 top 4 team in their next 9 game including Newcastle at home next

Get rid of hazard and get in fabregas,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

evo2000 wrote: »

Sure what would he be doing that for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bit of a sideways move, no?

Sure what would he be doing that for??

more points?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't be gone on Baines. Can never get my head around tying up that much in defence and being heavily restricted on my big hitters elsewhere.

This excellent post is causing me to reconsider for the first time.

I'm trying to get Baines & Coleman in now :);)

Coleman had 11 more points than Baines last year (I think he played 4 more games).
    So even with Baines on set pieces, Seamie is a match for him. Can't see it being any different this year either.
    They got their pricing right with Seamie at 7m... The buggers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

more points?

Seems a bit of a horizontal move. Only reason to do it is price but I'll likely keep Hazard for the season, suspension/injury permitting, and I'd expect him to outscore Fabregas comfortably enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have a new plan which is solid enough I think.

Clyne -> Baines
    Sterling -> Tadic

Ideally I'd not bring Tadic in but this will give me Southampton cover which seemingly everyone but me will have and I'll avoid taking a hit. I'll keep Welbeck and have 0.3 itb.

Next week if there are no injuries etc I can do Fabianski to Forster if I want Southampton defensive cover back again.

Any opinions on this?

I'm in a very similar position, although already have Pelle, plus 2 Southampton defence.

My only doubt is that I'd like to keep Clyne for the longer term past this golden run of fixtures as he's going to be a good enough option to rotate after that. Forster is my only keeper so he'll have to go in four weeks or so.

I'd pretty well decided to leave Baines but kinda have me sold. I could do those same two transfers and have 1.0 left in the bank. Is it a no brainer?

Current team

Forster. Hamer.
    Clyne. Chambers. Duff. Moore. Hutton.
    Fabregas. Adm. Sterling. Siggy. The Boyd Wonder.
    Pelle. Costa. Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'm thinking Di Maria to Tadic or maybe Erikson and then use the money next week to upgrade a defender to Baines though I'll see how tomorrow goes first.

I'm going against the grain on here and holding onto Sterling over Di Maria because he has an easier run of games, I know he has a larger risk of being rested but I'm hoping with Sturridge out and the bad start Liverpool have made that Rodgers won't be able to afford to rest him. I'd love to get Pelle for Costa instead but I don't have the balls for that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

more points?

Well that is a superb retort.:)

But honestly, do you really believe that Fabregas will continue to outscore Hazard this year. I'd say the likelihood of that happening is minimal.

jive wrote: »
    Seems a bit of a horizontal move. Only reason to do it is price but I'll likely keep Hazard for the season, suspension/injury permitting, and I'd expect him to outscore Fabregas comfortably enough.

Well fabregas is gonna have a hand in most goals, scored by either costa or hazard, so his gonna benfit either way imo, i think the way chelsea are set up this season wont suit hazard as much either, fabregas to out score hazard imo,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm trying to get Baines & Coleman in now :);)

Coleman had 11 more points than Baines last year (I think he played 4 more games).
    So even with Baines on set pieces, Seamie is a match for him. Can't see it being any different this year either.
    They got their pricing right with Seamie at 7m... The buggers

A friend of mine has both seamie and baines - feckers have saved his week and he's still ahead of me in our private league.

Very tempted to try and make it work to get Seamie in myself

Rikand wrote: »
    A friend of mine has both seamie and baines - feckers have saved his week and he's still ahead of me in our private league.

Very tempted to try and make it work to get Seamie in myself

Too many eggs in one basket imo! if everton have a bad week... better off spending that money on cheaper defenders for bigger teams, and spreading it out over a few teams,

Well that is a superb retort.:)

But honestly, do you really believe that Fabregas will continue to outscore Hazard this year. I'd say the likelihood of that happening is minimal.

You're talking to a lad that was claiming last night that Falcao is currently a must have.

You're talking to a lad that was claiming last night that Falcao is currently a must have.

wait and see lad wait an see :)

wait and see lad wait an see :)

That's exactly my point.
    There is waiting and seeing involved.
    CURRENTLY he's nowhere near a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Getting Chadli in anyway, Spurs have a lovely run of fixtures coming up. They might be unpredicatable, but there is the potential for points there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Well fabregas is gonna have a hand in most goals, scored by either costa or hazard, so his gonna benfit either way imo, i think the way chelsea are set up this season wont suit hazard as much either, fabregas to out score hazard imo,

You could be right, but i'm disagreeing with you on this occasion! I think Hazard will be top scoring midfielder overall so i'm sticking with the man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

just shipped out begovic (what a letdown stoke have been at the back btw) and terry to get in baines and foster who'll have to be rotated with krul. I was going to wildcard it to shift naismith out too and try squeeze in welbeck or pelle because both teams have a great few games ahead on paper but somethings just telling me to hold off till walcotts back fully fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Double Everton fullbacks is so last season, it's all about double Southampton now ;).
    FHFC wrote:
    My only doubt is that I'd like to keep Clyne for the longer term past this golden run of fixtures as he's going to be a good enough option to rotate after that. Forster is my only keeper so he'll have to go in four weeks or so.

You've had Clyne since 5.0m right? It seems as though Berty is the fullback of choice going forward; he could/should have had an assist if it wasn't ruled a Bridcutt OG. But no point making that sideways move now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is anyone concerned about Costa? Rumours of a 3 week injury floating about. Would people sell him if that was the case? Lot of money to be sitting on the bench.

And if ya do keep him on the bench, it makes the 5th midfielder more important

That's exactly my point.
    There is waiting and seeing involved.
    CURRENTLY he's nowhere near a must have.

In his last 3 games his had a 2 assists and a goal, and he could have had alot more! your making it out like his playing bad which couldnt be further from the truth, and based on his goal scoring record im saying his a must have.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Is anyone concerned about Costa? Rumours of a 3 week injury floating about. Would people sell him if that was the case? Lot of money to be sitting on the bench.

And if ya do keep him on the bench, it makes the 5th midfielder more important

Yeah thats abit of a sickener alright ! i suppose the best you could do would be to wait and see,but if i had to get rid of him id go straight for welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think I'm going to go:

Sterling -> Chadli
    Taylor -> Baines

And it gives me enough cash to go Fab -> Hazard after the Liverpool away game and go Bertrand -> Azpi or Terry/Cahill. Chelsea fixtures after the Liverpool away game mean a defender of theirs is a must have imo. Southampton's fixtures get a lot tougher after the next four, so it matches up perfectly for me!

Are we being a bit harsh jumping ship from Sterling? He's had solid returns this year, and if ya look at his fixtures up to the Jan Wildcard, there's a lot of games you'd fancy him to score...

Hull (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Man Utd (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Burnley (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Leicester (H)
    Sunderland (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Are we being a bit harsh jumping ship from Sterling? He's had solid returns this year, and if ya look at his fixtures up to the Jan Wildcard, there's a lot of games you'd fancy him to score...

Hull (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Man Utd (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Burnley (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Leicester (H)
    Sunderland (A)

Ssssh I need some people to join me on the non-Sterling side of the fence :(

Otherwise I'll have to find some way of squeezing him in and fully "template suit-up" as Barney Stinson might say

Otherwise I'll have to find some way of squeezing him in and fully "template suit-up" as Barney Stinson might say
    I'm trying to get away from the "template" too but think Siggy/Cesc could be the best way out, possibly replacing them with the likes of Walcott/Ramsey/Barkely/Tadic.

You never want to ditch Siggy with Leicester (h) up next. If Costa's back it makes it easier to ditch Cesc in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm in a very similar position, although already have Pelle, plus 2 Southampton defence.

I'd pretty well decided to leave Baines but kinda have me sold. I could do those same two transfers and have 1.0 left in the bank. Is it a no brainer?

Current team

Forster. Hamer.
    Clyne. Chambers. Duff. Moore. Hutton.
    Fabregas. Adm. Sterling. Siggy. The Boyd Wonder.
    Pelle. Costa. Aguero.

I wouldn't call it a no brainer because I'm unsure who to bring in for Sterling. I think though that Baines in is a must.

Advertisement