Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two yr old boy stabbed to death in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Not attacking your post, but part of the problem in cases like these IMO is the immediate assumption of mental illness without any evidence to suggest it.

The fact that evil human beings exist is something nobody likes to acknowledge. Sometimes vile acts are not the product of mental illness, just the product of someone being a complete monster. And those people, once identified, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids or other vulnerable people.

As the poster before you (tayto lover) said, someone that takes their childs life is obviously unwell. I agree with you that there is evil in this world but without knowing the full facts my suspicions are that pure evil wasn't the cause here.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tails!

Not attacking your post, but part of the problem in cases like these IMO is the immediate assumption of mental illness without any evidence to suggest it.

The fact that evil human beings exist is something nobody likes to acknowledge. Sometimes vile acts are not the product of mental illness, just the product of someone being a complete monster. And those people, once identified, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids or other vulnerable people.

I guess its just hard to believe that people actually choose to do things like this. I find it hard to believe people do these things when they don't suffer from a mental illness etc but unfortunately I know bad people do exist :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Someone who takes their child's life is obviously ill. This kind of thing does not happen without some reason. God bless the little angel.
    I am thinking of my own little grandchildren tonight and hoping they're safe and well.Will call to them tomorrow and spoil them a little.

Nice 1 TL, and an extra long hug for them.

Heard someone say before we should hug our children/grandchildren until they want to let go, they are young for a small time only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Lyger

What if badness/evil is the result of being mentally disturbed though.

Lyger wrote: »

Well its an unfortunate reality is often the case.
    But when a person suffering from psychiatric illness commits such an act, it is done irrationally and without thought of the act itself or its consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

What could possibly go through someones head to do something like this, i just dont understand
    Anyway like others have said my little fella got an extra tight hug going to bed tonight

RIP to the little boy

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

I'm very sad to hear about this poor child. I know there's cases of mental illness related to such tragic cases - but please people read up the psychotic side effects of drugs on people who may be the parents of some of these poor kids - a pattern is developing IMO:mad:

ElizaT33 wrote: »
    I'm very sad to hear about this poor child. I know there's cases of mental illness related to such tragic cases - but please people read up the psychotic side effects of drugs on people who may be the parents of some of these poor kids - a pattern is developing IMO:mad:

Correct. It raises questions on child protection services if it is a case that drugs were involved. There are facts to this that we don't know and may never know but one thing I think is clear is that no mother would ever cut her childs neck if she was thinking rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Lyger wrote: »

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bloody hell, poor kid.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It is

It isn't, and there is no mention of mental illness, disorder or disturbance in any of the media reports on this case.

This is a terrible tragedy for all the people involved, and it doesn't help anyone to engage in speculation before any facts of the case are known.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,900 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It isn't, and there is no mention of mental illness, disorder or disturbance in any of the media reports on this case.

This is a terrible tragedy for all the people involved, and it doesn't help anyone to engage in speculation before any facts of the case are known.

Bit late for that.

But I agree wholeheartedly with you, FWIW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

No one can concisely grab a knife and stab a child without something being seriously fcuked up inside their head

There are most certainly facts we don't know, and may never know. But as I said in my last post, no right minded person would do this so I think its safe to put 2 and 2 together and suspect there are mental issues gong on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,432 ✭✭✭tritium

RIP little guy, may the angels hold you close tonight.

Wanted to cry when I first heard this. I look at my own kids and wonder how anyone could harm such a beautiful little innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

There are some sick fucks in this world. People found guilty of crimes like this should do serious time and have their tubes cut/tied so they can't inflict pain or torture on their own again.

Felt sick when I heard of how this wee man died, after thinking it was a case of child neglict or some sort of accident.

RIP wee man. Sleep well with the angels.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Shocking story, may the poor boy rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

HSE drop the ball and deliver a child back to a psychologically deranged mother.
    Innocent child gets murdered.
    HSE have an "investigation".
    Nothing happens. No dismissals.
    Taxpayer pays in excess of €100k annually to incarcerate the mother.

I hate this country.

Hassan Khan RIP

Zamboni wrote: »
    HSE drop the ball and deliver a child back to a psychologically deranged mother.

I hate this country.

Hassan Khan RIP

The HSE strikes again. Appears now that this child was known to be at risk so why was he not taken into care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Zamboni wrote: »

I hate this country.

Hassan Khan RIP

Edit: post above says it was known he was at risk so my post is irrelevant and it seems hse failed the little boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hate when we use the words like "tragedy" in cases like this in Ireland it glosses over the fact that a brutal act of violence ending in murder has been perpetrated on an innocent little boy

RIP:(

But the violent death of a baby - or anyone - IS a tragedy. It might be a result of a heinous crime, but it's still also a tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

No one knows what state of mind the people involved were in. It is awful that another child is dead at the hands of a parent, I can still feel empathy though, in my head they must have been ill to cause harm to their child.

Also my understanding is that he was on the radar of HSE but was deemed safe. Of course now there will be an investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,323 ✭✭✭✭ted1

vicwatson wrote: »
    And a subsequent report finding the little lad safe and well, if only he could be safe and well now.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/missing-toddler-2-and-father-61-found-safe-and-well-30497329.html

Whatever the **** was going on between the parents at this point you'd have to ask why the **** did they have a child if they were gonna mess up the poor chaps life, sorry I'm very angry over this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad::mad:
    Sounds like mother was a nut job, father took him to be safe. Guards and HSE returned child to mother. I don't think your being fair to the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,323 ✭✭✭✭ted1

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    MOD

Take the gender war to another thread please

Well it's the fundamental basis of the incident. Fathers have very little legal rights with regards access to the kids especially unmarried ones, the courts tend to favour the mother. This incident could result in a complete Overhaul of family law in this country. Had the mother taken the child would they have given the father the child?

ted1 wrote: »
    Well it's the fundamental basis of the incident. Fathers have very little legal rights with regards access to the kids especially unmarried ones, the courts tend to favour the mother. This incident could result in a complete Overhaul of family law in this country. Had the mother taken the child would they have given the father the child?

Absolutely agreed.
    Had the father been given custody, the child could possibly be alive today. Although the courts always say the best interests of the child come first, its really whatever the mother wants she gets.

Mod

Two posters infracted for ignoring mod instruction.

Please remember that responding to mod action on thread is against site rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The_Mask wrote: »
    Poor lad, been through so much in his short life, very sad. Hopefully his mother will do actual jail time and not just therapy.

Do you really think mentally ill people should be in prison? Seriously though, I hope you never suffer any kind of mental breakdown. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

I would hope the person responsible has some sort of illness/disorder/depression etc, not that that's any excuse of course, can't be the action of any sane person!

RIP little one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Do you really think mentally ill people should be in prison?

What would you do with a mentality I'll person who violently takes another life?

Whether mountjoy or Dundrum, incarceration is indeed necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement