Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two yr old boy stabbed to death in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

At the time of the alert it would have been assumed that the danger to the child was from the father as he was the one who they were looking for. They got that wrong.

Social services have been involved since then so I wonder what the bloody hell was going on and why wasn't the poor child taken into protective custody.

And had the father being the murderer he would have been seen as evil and locked up for life. But somehow I can see the mother's clear psychological well-being been taken into consideration and thus getting a more leniant sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And the Gardai handed him straight back to he's mother!

Do you know that?
    sonofenoch wrote: »
    'A woman in her 40's being questioned'......if it were a man in his 40s he'd be named mugshot and every little detail down to school he attended would be made public already, bet this woman won't be identified for weeks

No he wouldn't.

The lynch mobs weren't long coming out.

RIP to the poor child, but any chance we could leave the public hangings for just a little bit until we actually know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

vicwatson wrote: »
    And a subsequent report finding the little lad safe and well, if only he could be safe and well now.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/missing-toddler-2-and-father-61-found-safe-and-well-30497329.html

Whatever the **** was going on between the parents at this point you'd have to ask why the **** did they have a child if they were gonna mess up the poor chaps life, sorry I'm very angry over this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad::mad:

You know what also annoys me that some posters here think it is in the public interest to put two and two together and release details about this child including name possibly before it has been officially released and all his family have been informed.

Rubber necking and the thirst for more grisley info doesn't entertain me either.

But that said. This is a shocking case.

RIP little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The reason why the little boy was handed back to his mother by the guards is because mothers are thought to be caring and nurturing. Obviously not true in this case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

branie2 wrote: »
    I hope the woman who killed him is charged, convicted, and gets a really tough sentence

Woah, let's not go crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Poor child RIP

the world id fcuked up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

'A woman in her 40's being questioned'......if it were a man in his 40s he'd be named mugshot and every little detail down to school he attended would be made public already, bet this woman won't be identified for weeks

**** off with that sh1te, a 2 year old was murdered and that's all you're worried about? Masculinist dickheads are getting out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No. He would have been handed over to Social Services and a Social Worker appointed to the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

branie2 wrote: »
    The reason why the little boy was handed back to his mother by the guards is because mothers are thought to be caring and nurturing. Obviously not true in this case
    Do you know what happened, or are you making suppositions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

No. He would have been handed over to Social Services and a Social Worker appointed to the case.

Ya. And a fantastic job was certainly done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

doesnt matter if it was his mother or father or both, a little boy is dead, he was the subject of a cri alert, designed to help save and protect a child who needs help. questions need to be asked not about who did it and how long they should hang for it but about weather or not this could have been prevented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Lyger

Well there is unfortunately bias in favour of the mother in these situations. I'm not saying this to start a gender war (pretty low thing to do on the back of such an horrific tragedy) just that that is a genuine problem due to a rather old-fashioned legislation in which it's contained that the mother is always the more suitable parent.

RIP poor little guy.

Ya. And a fantastic job was certainly done.

Obviously not BUT the ins and out of the case are not known as yet. Taking children from parents is a very serious issue and is fought tooth and nail by solicitors. There seems to be a serious lack of Social Workers since the recession and cut-backs began.

dm1979 wrote: »
    doesnt matter if it was his mother or father or both, a little boy is dead, he was the subject of a cri alert, designed to help save and protect a child who needs help. questions need to be asked not about who did it and how long they should hang for it but about weather or not this could have been prevented

The CRI alert was cancelled very quickly after being issued, and Gardai said they were satisfied that the boy was never in any danger. (Cannot for the life of me find the article again, I read it earlier, think it was the Irish Times). Said that at the time they were doubtful about issuing it but felt that they had no choice.

I'm not saying the CRI didn't have anything to do with today's tragic event (because I don't know and I suspect no-one else posting here does either), but equally we can't and shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Jeez, all those details?

The accused shouldn't be identified at all, whether male or female, until a guilty verdict against them is returned.

Right now there is someone being questioned - that's all; could be the person responsible but we certainly don't know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Is that seriously all you took from this story? The poor little child's name hasn't even been released yet and you're ranting about gender bias in the media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Only men are dangerous you see.

And had the father being the murderer he would have been seen as evil and locked up for life. But somehow I can see the mother's clear psychological well-being been taken into consideration and thus getting a more leniant sentence.
    Possibly. Could be the result of mental illness all right though - whether carried out by a man or woman. Nothing wrong with a psychiatric assessment in either case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pretzill wrote: »
    You know what also annoys me that some posters here think it is in the public interest to put two and two together and release details about this child including name possibly before it has been officially released and all his family have been informed.

Rubber necking and the thirst for more grisley info doesn't entertain me either.

But that said. This is a shocking case.

RIP little boy.

Tis all over the internet. It doesn't take an Einstein to work it our considering it was only August since the little lad was involved in a CRI ( do you know other 2 year olds involved in a CRI this year?)

And from what they said on the 9 news on RTE it was infact a family member that called the Gardai.

I'm sure you didn't click on the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

conorh91 wrote: »
    No point in speculating at this stage, but the amount of filicide-suicide attempts in this country is really unsettling. Not sure if they've been increasing, but it sure seems like it.

Part of this is probably because of the CRI system, we're hearing about them far more often now. Which is ultimately a good thing, even if it means we have to hear about such incidents more often when they don't end well. :(

• Advertisement

Hope whoever did it gets a fair trial and if found guilty a tough sentence.

Sadly this is Ireland, a suspended sentence with a stern "don't do it again!" from the judge is all we can really hope for. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mental illness is a horrible thing.

Story really does send shivers down your spine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Poor kid that's a fairly severe death

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

RIP little angel.

Speaking as the father of an almost 2 year old boy this is beyond comprehension to me. I wish i could have taken the knife for him.

What kind of monsters walk amongst us?

so so sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Take the gender war to another thread please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It's so absolutely heartbreaking to hear of this little boys death. To think that when I was drinking my tea today around two o clock that this little baby was killed a few miles away is unbelievable. I keep thinking of him alone in a morgue. Something has to be done to ensure children in danger are helped so we don't see more of this.

Someone who takes their child's life is obviously ill. This kind of thing does not happen without some reason. God bless the little angel.
    I am thinking of my own little grandchildren tonight and hoping they're safe and well.Will call to them tomorrow and spoil them a little.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Mental illness is a horrible thing.

Story really does send shivers down your spine

Not attacking your post, but part of the problem in cases like these IMO is the immediate assumption of mental illness without any evidence to suggest it.

The fact that evil human beings exist is something nobody likes to acknowledge. Sometimes vile acts are not the product of mental illness, just the product of someone being a complete monster. And those people, once identified, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids or other vulnerable people.

Not attacking your post, but part of the problem in cases like these IMO is the immediate assumption of mental illness without any evidence to suggest it.

The fact that evil human beings exist is something nobody likes to acknowledge. Sometimes vile acts are not the product of mental illness, just the product of someone being a complete monster. And those people, once identified, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids or other vulnerable people.

I suspect, though, that cases like today's one are rarely the result of human plain and downright evil. I would guess that a majority are a result of some form of mental illness.

As I said earlier, I don't know, and nobody else does either.

But that's my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand,
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement