Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two yr old boy stabbed to death in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Do you really think mentally ill people should be in prison? Seriously though, I hope you never suffer any kind of mental breakdown. :(

Anyone who stabs an innocent 2 year old to death should never see the light of day again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Truly awful stuff, a poor innocent 2 year old. I can't and never will understand how anybody could hurt a child , let alone their own child.

If they are depressed, on medication whatever they shouldn't be in the care of the child at all in that case.

There is no excuse for it , if you are in that bad a state of mind why kill the child? What has that child done to deserve it? Nothing.

Kill yourself so , but leave the ****ing children alone to live their life they have done nothing. I don't mean to be cold , but I just can't understand why these people can't just kill themselves if they are in that state why do they have to kill the innocent children.

RIP little lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Lost for words here.
    A child of two years old? Wtf. A completely innocent child who's life has hardly begun.
    Hope the scruff who done it never sees the light of day again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Imagine being one of the gardai who attended the scene, and who investigates this. Of course the asshole protestors at the water 'protests' never think of these things when they abuse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

ryanf1 wrote: »
    The HSE strikes again. Appears now that this child was known to be at risk so why was he not taken into care?

Before we start throwing stones, let's wait for the facts to come out.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Imagine being one of the gardai who attended the scene, and who investigates this. Of course the asshole protestors at the water 'protests' never think of these things when they abuse them.

Unpopular opinion, but here we are. An Garda Síochána are one of the best police forces in the western world. I wouldn't do an eight hour shift for €10,000. I mean that. The absolute crap they put up with. It's the judicial and legal system that needs to be badly reformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pobb

ThisRegard wrote: »

You know what this thread about a two year old murdered boy needs?

More water protest debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Another example of the failure of the HSE to manage their workers properly.

I refuse to try the person responsible. Thats a matter for the courts.
    And i'm willing to bet it's a number of things that are missed/overlooked because case workers are just not capable/willing to do their job properly.
    Maybe the gardai involved should be looked at too to see if there was something they missed.

This type of thing happens too often. And the system in this country is failing those who desperately need it.

Another example of the failure of the HSE to manage their workers properly.

I refuse to try the person responsible. Thats a matter for the courts.
    And i'm willing to bet it's a number of things that are missed/overlooked because case workers are just not capable/willing to do their job properly.
    Maybe the gardai involved should be looked at too to see if there was something they missed.

This type of thing happens too often. And the system in this country is failing those who desperately need it.

We don't know what happened. We haven't a breeze who done or didn't do what yet. Put down your stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pobb wrote: »
    You know what this thread about a two year old murdered boy needs?

More water protest debate.

Or the point made regarding the real hard and emotional crap they get put through that's not appreciated by a lot of people they're there to protect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Acedia.

Even if it emerges that the perpetrator of these murders had a mental health illness history, it is inaccurate and deeply stigmatising to attribute such acts to mental health difficulties alone.

What these tragic events highlight is that there is a need to tackle, at a societal level, our attitudes and beliefs about children. And to ensure our child protection systems pick up situations where children are at risk.

www dot stpatricks dot ie/editorials/it-inaccurate-attribute-murder-suicides-mental-health-difficulties-alone

Regarding the issue of mental illness, it's worth remembering that the vast majority of murders are carried out by people with no mental illness and a tiny number are carried out by the mentally ill. The notion that mental illness makes a person a potential violent murderer is a myth.
    All the stigmatizing myths about mental illness cause people to delay seeking treatment for mental health issues, leading to a lot of unnecessary suffering and contributing to our terrible suicide rate.

Every family in Ireland is touched by mental illness. Let's not make a link between that and these vile acts of unthinkable evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

What would you do with a mentality I'll person who violently takes another life?

Whether mountjoy or Dundrum, incarceration is indeed necessary.
    In your opinion then mental illness cant be cured and those mentally ill need to be locked up and the key thrown away in order to keep the rest of us "normal" safe? If you become mentally ill or your loved one, your child , your Oh does this apply to them too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Probably being super cautious after what happened when they took that Roma kid
    woodoo wrote: »
    I wonder did the father take him that time because he was worried about the mother.
    And the Gardai handed him straight back to he's mother!

Yep once again PC BULLSHÏT has trumped and a 2 yr old kid is dead.

Well done socal services, keep abducting kids that are looked after ok tho....

Ireland following the UK on the road to a nazi SS police brutality paedophile state

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Truly awful stuff, a poor innocent 2 year old. I can't and never will understand how anybody could hurt a child , let alone their own child.

If they are depressed, on medication whatever they shouldn't be in the care of the child at all in that case.

There is no excuse for it , if you are in that bad a state of mind why kill the child? What has that child done to deserve it? Nothing.

Kill yourself so , but leave the ****ing children alone to live their life they have done nothing. I don't mean to be cold , but I just can't understand why these people can't just kill themselves if they are in that state why do they have to kill the innocent children.

RIP little lad.

What are you talking about? Theres no evidence that this woman wanted to kill herself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

How many people are depressed? How many of these people have children? Or even don't have children. How many people with mental illness go around murdering people? Hardly any.

Whoever killed that child, mental illness or not, is bad to the bone and I for one hope they rot, with only the thoughts of what she done for company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    In your opinion then mental illness cant be cured and those mentally ill need to be locked up and the key thrown away in order to keep the rest of us "normal" safe? If you become mentally ill or your loved one, your child , your Oh does this apply to them too?

That's a stretch Byrnsey.

No, I'm of the opinion that if someone violently murders a baby, they probably shouldn't just be allowed to get on with their life as if nothing happened.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that.

If the perpetrators defence lawyer convinces the court of a mental impairment defence, the perpetrator still should be held in a psychiatric facility for treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's a real tragic situation, a little innocent boy has lost his life and a mother will suffer the rest of her days, the poor woman (yes go ahead and chastise me) obviously has some serious mental issues and although I would never forgive her for murdering an innocent child, one at the same time has to feel sorry for her, she will take the fact she has killed her innocent little boy to the grave (DOES NOT excuse it mind you). Bad situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

First and foremost can I say RIP to the poor child and my condolences to his family and friends.

Now on to my ridiculous question! There's a lot of talk here about the failure of the gards, hse etc but were these even involved? Yes there was a cri alert and while I don't know the details I would suspect the father (who was found with the child) was spending time with his son, who I assume is in the mothers custody and when they didn't return as expected she contacted the Gardaí. When the child was found he was return to his mother (again I'm assuming she's the childs custodian). Presumably that was end of, no? They might have interviewed the father and if they did and established there was no risk to the child why would they get any more involved?

I know there's a lot of assumptions on my part on this so if I missed something let me know but if I'm not it seems a little harsh to chastise state service for what is by all (available) accounts just a very tragic murder case.

Obviously this could by my overly naive view so feel free to cut what I said to shreds.

That's a stretch Byrnsey.

No, I'm of the opinion that if someone violently murders a baby, they probably shouldn't just be allowed to get on with their life as if nothing happened.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that.

If the perpetrators defence lawyer convinces the court of a mental impairment defence, the perpetrator still should be held in a psychiatric facility for treatment.
    You say "convinces the court" as if you are convinced that there actually is no such thing as psychosis. What medical evidence have you got to support this?
    Also, where did I say that this woman should be allowed to get on with her life as if nothing happened, or that she would want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That guy that murdered his 2 kids was sent to prison and rightly so, no reason this situation should be any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That guy that murdered his 2 kids was sent to prison and rightly so, no reason this situation should be any different.

He was returned to the Central Mental Hospital in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    He was returned to the Central Mental Hospital in Dundrum.

Well hopefully he will be there for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Talk of pure evil and other such bollox.

This is the result of severe mental illness coupled with the huge failings of the Gardai and the HSE.

Horrible tragedy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

vicwatson wrote: »
    It's a real tragic situation, a little innocent boy has lost his life and a mother will suffer the rest of her days, the poor woman (yes go ahead and chastise me) obviously has some serious mental issues and although I would never forgive her for murdering an innocent child, one at the same time has to feel sorry for her, she will take the fact she has killed her innocent little boy to the grave (DOES NOT excuse it mind you). Bad situation.

Yawn, oh the poor thing how will she live with it...you idiot.

She just stabbed a 2 year old to death and youre feeling sorry for her. Get a grip of yourself. She should get life, a danger to children and society.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 billy111

Holsten wrote: »
    Talk of pure evil and other such bollox.

This is the result of severe mental illness coupled with the huge failings of the Gardai and the HSE.

Horrible tragedy.

Prove of these huge failings?

branie2 wrote: »
    I hope the woman who killed him is charged, convicted, and gets a really tough sentence

If you are aware of the details of what happened, and know that a woman killed him, I'd advise you to go to gardai and give a witness statement.

Otherwise, I think you should wait until ALL the details are known.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

the_monkey wrote: »
    Yep once again PC BULLSHÏT has trumped and a 2 yr old kid is dead.
    Well done socal services, keep abducting kids that are looked after ok tho....
    Ireland following the UK on the road to a nazi SS police brutality paedophile state

Damn those Stalinist Communist Fascist pinko liberal Sturmtruppen Gestapo civil service One Direction fans!

Have I missed anything?

A ****ty thing has happened, details will follow in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

The CRI alert was cancelled very quickly after being issued, and Gardai said they were satisfied that the boy was never in any danger. (Cannot for the life of me find the article again, I read it earlier, think it was the Irish Times). Said that at the time they were doubtful about issuing it but felt that they had no choice.

I'm not saying the CRI didn't have anything to do with today's tragic event (because I don't know and I suspect no-one else posting here does either), but equally we can't and shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I think you are mixing it up with the CRI for the kid who faked his kidnapping.

As for the tirade against social services. The HSE cannot keep kids indefinitely and they need to get an order from a judge to hold the child longer than a day or two against the wished of his parents. As these cases are held in camera I think it's premature to be putting the blame on them without knowing if this case was before a judge and what happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

billy111 wrote: »
    Prove of these huge failings?
    A dead 2 year old boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I suspect, though, that cases like today's one are rarely the result of human plain and downright evil. I would guess that a majority are a result of some form of mental illness.

As I said earlier, I don't know, and nobody else does either.

But that's my opinion.
    There are more pure evil fcukers in this world than we'd like to believe. I don't know if the killer in this case is one.

I feel very sad right now having just read about this. Have a 17 month old son and well, just doesn't bear thinking about how terrified he must have been as he died. Mentally ill or not, the killer of a child should NEVER walk free again, just in case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement