Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

42 Pts in our Semi Open Fourball in Lucan last night. Managed to sneak 2nd which was surprising as thought we were two or three shy of the podium. Started slowly but finished up with 21 Pts on the Front. Repeated it on the Back nine but a few missed short putts on 12,13 and a poor par on the 17th when only hitting in a 9-iron was disappointing.

Great evening for a game and course in in magnificent condition three weeks after the greens were hollow cored

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

35 points today

Scratched a hole from 80 yards out for my second :(
    Dreadful swing for a nasty pull into a bunker and then continued to make a horlicks of it.

Other than that pretty solid. 3 birds in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

37pts in gowran today with 2 blanks on front9 if I could cut these silly brain farts outta my game id be much better golfer..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Played 9 hole competition there this evening. Went over just to practice but ended up playing! Driver was on fire (too long on one hole and I ran out of fairway!), short irons were mainly good, chipping great and thankfully putter was behaving a bit better. I hit 2 shots oob but still made bogie on both holes.

3 pars
    4 bogies
    2 doubles
    15 putts

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

39 points today off 19 in monthly singles In New Ross , everything went right for me today and got some nice bits of luck
    Along the way , two 20 foot plus putts rolled in for bogey and par at the right time and my tee shot on 16 hit the trees and bounced back into the fairway ,
    A nice cut on the way which I'm happy wit to !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

A measly 26 points in a windy Kinsale yesterday. 5 scratches. From going OOB on the first box to scratching the last it was a long round. Think i hit a 300 yarder wind assisted drive. 8th par 5 off the whites 204 left in if anyone knows it. Bogeyed it :-(

Hit very few good ones ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

played Craddockstown yesterday,

35 points of 13.

2 birdies
    6 pars
    5 bogies
    4 double bogies
    1 scratch

33 putts too

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Taken me a few days to mull over what happened on Monday in Tullamore Golf Club, am trying to take some positives from the round in that my driving was good, long irons were great, <50m in & around the green was great as i was getting nice and close with pitch and chip shots. Unfortunately I couldn't get the pace of the greens all day, some putts went miles past with some miles short. The greens were as fast as pool tables but were hollow cored a few weeks ago so some were bumpier than others but am not making excuses for my playing. Course was in fantastic condition as per usual and a spot I always love going back to play.

I know we all say we left a few shots out there but on Monday I left at least 15!!! No sh1t. I 2 & 3 putted every single green with a 4 putt thrown in to annoy me some more!! Again i just couldn't get the ball in the hole. Thankfully a member here is going to give me a hand as soon as we can organise an evening together to see where i'm going wrong.
    My pathetic score was as follows
    10 Bogies
    4 Doubles
    4 Worse!!!
    41 putts over 17 holes!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don' t know why, but thankfully I didn't get a 0.1 back for this pathetic showing on Monday. Or is too soon to be added?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Played 12 holes yesterday. First few holes in about three weeks after hurting my back.
    Savage weather and the course was in great condition.

2 Birdies
    6 Pars
    4 bogeys
    I was -1 after 9 : ) and proceeded to bogey 10,11 and 12 : (
    for 28 points off 10.

Went out for a casual few holes. Not thinking about it, as it had been three weeks since i hit a ball and i play some of the best golf i have played all year. In competitions i definitely think too much and put too much pressure on myself to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I don' t know why, but thankfully I didn't get a 0.1 back for this pathetic showing on Monday. Or is too soon to be added?

It does depend on when your club and tullamore process their handicap updates.

Also, it requires your handicap secretary ticking the box that says " Do you want to process away scores " when he's checking handicaps himself. Unless he does that, it won't be updated on your home system

Check golfnet.ie to see if you have any "away" scores pending :)

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    It does depend on when your club and tullamore process their handicap updates.

Also, it requires your handicap secretary ticking the box that says " Do you want to process away scores " when he's checking handicaps himself. Unless he does that, it won't be updated on your home system

Check golfnet.ie to see if you have any "away" scores pending :)

Its listed in the away scores section on golfnet by the "HA" box is blank.

Its listed in the away scores section on golfnet by the "HA" box is blank.

Does it have numbers for GD and ND ? With those you should be able to approximate a 0.1 or not....

The reason for the blank adjustment may be down to confirmation of your handicap, which could be done when your handicap secretary processes your scores. Tullamores system may one of those that does not keep a record of away handicaps

I always have to manually enter my handicap into Tullamores entry when I play there. it never knows what handicap I am meant to be playing off. so the blank adjustment could be corrected upon your handicap sec updating his system

No Date Description VEN SSS CSS TYP GS 19 AG Stab PAR GD ND HA REH RPH
    1 15/09 Open Singles Sfd 150 70 73 QSH NA 0 0 24 70 27 9 0 18 18

When i swiped my card my handicap came up.

Maybe it'll take a few days to go through. Am just going to have to try harder and try get cut before qualifying finishes, can't finish on the same h/c i started at when my goal was a lot lower.

Odd that it came up as QSH - that would be Qualifying stableford home and you werent at a home course, you were at an away one.

I normally get QSA on mine.

Either way, yep, give it a couple of days and see if it comes down. Looks like it should definitely be a 0.1 owing.

Rikand wrote: »
    Odd that it came up as QSH - that would be Qualifying stableford home and you werent at a home course, you were at an away one.

I normally get QSA on mine.

Either way, yep, give it a couple of days and see if it comes down. Looks like it should definitely be a 0.1 owing.

Cheers, unfortunately its a big fat 0.1 alright, was a terrible round:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

111 strokes in Slade Valley today. My first time playing anywhere off the blues. My driving was erratic at best but I know what's going wrong so want a lot of range time to work on it over the coming weeks.

My 2 ball joined played with two members, Eddie and Willie, and must say, we both enjoyed it hugely going around with the two of them despite the two of us playing rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Best round to date for me today.

80 blows off 15 for a Net 65!!!

Over the moon is an understatement, got of to a cracking start - level par after 3 holes that include two par 4's that I normally struggle with.
    Then disaster struck on the fourth, played the hole like a donkey and walked away with a triple bogey.
    Pulled my next tee shot on a par 3 and was just a few feet away from OOB... The wheels had come off... 40 yards to pin with a bunker protecting it... 6 inches... The wheels were retrieved :)
    Followed that with 2 more pars and happily took my bogey on the tricky par 3 8th.
    Sliced the heck out of my drive and ended up with a nasty double to end the front 9.

Turned in 43 strokes and I was still pissed with myself with that triple & double. I didn't stop to think about points, was on 19 and prob would have been happy, things may have been different.

So onto the 10th and determined to put in a good back 9! And that I did :)

Parred the 10th after being inches from a birdie.
    Went through the green on the Par 3 11th, no bother, chipped it in ;)
    Time for a blocked drive on the Par 5. Scrambled my way to a hard earned par.
    A tricky par 4 13th next and played it perfectly. Rarely walk away with a par but sank a 6 footer for one.
    Just on the fringe in 2 on the 14th and I had too much time to think... Had figured out that a decent finish might see me challenge. Yip, horrible 3 putt after not giving it enough out of the fringe. 2nd putt was a 15 footer that was left hanging on the hole :(
    Bogeys on the next 2. Index 6 & 2. Can't really complain about either and they put me 2 over for the back.
    Parred the par 3 17th and then it was time to test the laithroidi on the walk to 18.
    Smashed a drive and then a hybrid just short of the par 5. Attacked the pin and sank the 5 footer for a birdie. Happy days.

+1 for the back 9. Couldn't believe it.

Comp is running over 2 days so not getting my hopes up, a few of the medals have been won by guys in the high 20's... A 26 & 27 HC'er over the summer... so let's hope I'm not pipped by a gross 90, I would cry :)

14.6 at present so should get 2.1 cut at least to 12.5.
    Have replayed the round about 100 times.

Played a lot of sport in my day with loads of great moments but today was by far the most satisfying moment I've gotten from anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Brilliant Aaron. I'm hoping the gig is yours but I think the cut will be prize enough. Hard work paying off. Congrats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Galway Bay yesterday, cracker of a day, a bit windy but adds to it. Course in great condition but most greens were slow as not cut since Wednesday or Thursday, three greens were lightening fast and looks like just those ones were cut so a lot of our society made the same comment about a few greens at a complete difference pace. Place was jammed and the ranger made some ignorant remarks on the 8th about moving quicker even though we were delayed half an hour teeing off and the entire course was solid 4 balls with no gaps! Was on a real power trip which was very annoying given his tone, damn shame as I doubt we'll go back if that's the way they treat and annoy visitors.

Anyhow

6 pars
    7 bogeys
    3 doubles
    2 trebles

One of the trebles was me blading from 70yards through the green and then having to take an unplayable and still not getting up and down, my bad.
    One of the doubles was on the 18th, I putted first and the ball ran a mile past the hole on one of the lightening fast greens.

31 off 14 and happy overall because it's a pretty tough track, 57% fairways, 33% GIR and 37 putts.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

+4 off 5 yesterday off the whites/strokes. Really silly triple bogey in there on a par three. It was a round that made me feel I may have an under par round in me off the back sticks if putting is very slightly hotter ... and I don't make daft decisions on par threes!!!

• Advertisement

Yes boiiiii 42pts in tramore this morning, creamed a drive on the 1st hit 7i approach into greenside bunker & 4putted oh no, hit 6more bunkers on front 9 but still managed 19pts. Came home with 23pts played really well im chuffed. May not win it but nice cut is good enough for me. My target of 15 is looking good. Love this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

67 net in medal today started slow but got it going

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

80 strokes in MJ withe boards society yesterday, followed by 86 strokes in the medal off the blues today in Dunmurry springs.
    Last 4 holes today went, triple bogey, bogey, DB, DB.
    I blame boards society lads for my collapse today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Made an absolute balls of a great chance yesterday - 2 under after 7 . Did I mention that.

No - was an outer body experience on front nine - could easily have gone 3 under. But no, made a mess back nine and index 1 and putting not as good on back nine.

Anyway - ended with an 80 (with a silly 7 at 14)

Poor in the end - but I seen something in me I hadn't seen before yesterday.

I'm playing poor golf - pulling and OTT - but still turned level on a course I don't know.

Winter will be interesting - going to sort this pull/ ott and stick at my short game work that seems to be paying off. Lets do this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 80 in Medal today
    +3 after 9 but +6 on back 9
    Driver was inconsistent with pushes to the right costing me shots. Felt I had a score in me but just couldn't seel the deal.
    10 pars
    7 bogeys
    One double
    29 putts

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Made an absolute balls of a great chance yesterday - 2 under after 7 . Did I mention that.

No - was an outer body experience on front nine - could easily have gone 3 under. But no, made a mess back nine and index 1 and putting not as good on back nine.

Anyway - ended with an 80 (with a silly 7 at 14)

Poor in the end - but I seen something in me I hadn't seen before yesterday.

I'm playing poor golf - pulling and OTT - but still turned level on a course I don't know.

Winter will be interesting - going to sort this pull/ ott and stick at my short game work that seems to be paying off. Lets do this ****.

Fix, I've had a problem with pulling shots over the last year. Had a lesson 3 weeks ago now, I've since hit 11,9 and 9 greens in the last 3 rounds. Big improvement, thought it was an OTT swing.
    It was actually due to setup. And the only way I could hit the ball was to swingOTT.
    Changes were alignment and ball position.
    Might be worth lookin at, instead of a trying to swing the club perfectly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Thanks Ben.

Not far off - will let pro look.

I've accepted that my swing will never look perfect - but a matter of getting the bad ones (a big slice or pull) out of my game.

From watching other golfers - I definitely need a routine - I have none. Basically just stand up and hit it. I had a 7 and a 6 yesterday - all due to a slice

Just a bit of winter work - will get there - I don't know where there is - but a comfortable single figure golfer is the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Disappointing weekend, played twice. Mentioned on another thread that we lost our interclub final. Played fantastic yesterday, comfortably better than handicap, difficult to keep score in matchplay, sometimes picking up when your partner already in etc... but was a fabulous display.

Today was the exact opposite, absolutely brutal. Unlucky not to make par at the first, parred the second. 5 points after two. Then put my tee shot on the third into the lake, scratched the hole after missing a 3-foot putt for double. Ended up scoring 20 points for the last 16 holes..... and worst of all started the day playing off 12.4 so I'm now back up to 13 and a category 3 golfer again.

Interesting to compare how I played in both rounds. For the final, arrived about 2 hours before tee off. Had a good session on the putting green, got comfortable with the pace. Then had some time on their range, hitting several types of shots. Then headed over to the chipping green for a few minutes. Then shortly before my match, went back onto the green again. Teed off on 1 feeling comfortable and focussed and started off like a steam train!

Turned up today, had a few minutes on the putting green and then straight out. More normal, let's be honest! Really makes me think. But of course golf is long enough as it is....

I'll be very disappointed if I can't get back to 12 before the season ends.

lester76 wrote: »
    Yes boiiiii 42pts in tramore this morning, creamed a drive on the 1st hit 7i approach into greenside bunker & 4putted oh no, hit 6more bunkers on front 9 but still managed 19pts. Came home with 23pts played really well im chuffed. May not win it but nice cut is good enough for me. My target of 15 is looking good. Love this game
    My 42pts won it today nice 1.8 cut 14.7 target of 15 reached delighted.. 100e voucher to boot..

• Advertisement

36 points off 5 around mount Juliet on Saturday. Hit the ball pretty good but had a few too many 3putts which cost me a real good score. Starting birdie birdie was nice though.

74 nett today in monthly medal in Athlone. Played really well but missed 3 three foot putts. Just stupidity. Played the 5th 6th and 7th just awfully and was 6 over for 7 holes. Told myself to get my **** together and shot 1 over for the last 11 holes with 2 birdies.

Happy enough with my weekends work :)

Advertisement