Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

68 net in stroke at Ballybofey & Stranolar off 13. Went out today with the intension of learning from my mistakes all summer, there are six holes I always score badly on 1/9/10/15/16/18, I would regularly be +8 for those holes alone, so today was going to be different.....and it was, +2 for them today and really that was just two poor chips that could have been far better. First time I pared the 16th in competition all summer.
    Only problem was, couple of careless shots on easy holes stopped it from being a better score.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    Best round to date for me today.

80 blows off 15 for a Net 65!!!

Long overdue. Great score! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,783 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Rikand wrote: »
    Long overdue. Great score! :)

Hey PARlance - what are you going to do when you bypass all the lads on here dishing out advice to you all these years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Hey PARlance - what are you going to do when you bypass all the lads on here dishing out advice to you all these years :D

Just had a look on howdidido & see that you won the medal Par, graeat stuff, congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

jokser250 wrote: »
    39 points today off 19 in monthly singles In New Ross , everything went right for me today and got some nice bits of luck
    Along the way , two 20 foot plus putts rolled in for bogey and par at the right time and my tee shot on 16 hit the trees and bounced back into the fairway ,
    A nice cut on the way which I'm happy wit to !!!
    Ended up winning a category prize and a 1.2 cut , delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

had a Nett 77 off 13.

played poorly,
    was driving ok, irons werent bad, just to many mistakes

it would have been 32 points off stableford. so all in all still not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

71 net off 15 in mount juliet Saturday morning - ( first time playing the course )

Did not miss a fairway and feel like I played very solid....Very enjoyable course to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

roll on this weekend,

playing Glasson on Friday and Athlone Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just had a look on howdidido & see that you won the medal Par, graeat stuff, congratulations

Thanks Space, had a nervous wait yesterday.
    My playing partner was in contention most of the way (finished with a 68). That really helped me as we were bouncing off each other all round, nearly turned it into a Matchplay which helped focus while at the same time it also helped to forget about the big prize. It wasn't until the 16th that he slipped away.

2.1 cut and a 0.5 ESR. 3 shots gone.
    Itching to get out and test myself off 12.

PARlance wrote: »
    Thanks Space, had a nervous wait yesterday.
    My playing partner was in contention most of the way (finished with a 68). That really helped me as we were bouncing off each other all round, nearly turned it into a Matchplay which helped focus while at the same time it also helped to forget about the big prize. It wasn't until the 16th that he slipped away.

2.1 cut and a 0.5 ESR. 3 shots gone.
    Itching to get out and test myself off 12.

The way you are going PARlance you could end up in a golf magazine like darcool - or Crimewatch.
    This man was off 17 this year :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Good stuff lance. That's some cut for a day's work. You will settle into that handicap after a few games no bother then you will just need to find a way to kick on and get cut again.

ForeRight wrote: »
    Good stuff lance. That's some cut for a day's work. You will settle into that handicap after a few games no bother then you will just need to find a way to kick on and get cut again.

I haven't settled into my handicap in 18 months. Lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Made an absolute balls of a great chance yesterday - 2 under after 7 . Did I mention that.

I don't believe you told us that!!!!:D;):D

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I don't believe you told us that!!!!:D;):D

lol. :D

Had a putt for 3 under and almost chiped in for 4 under.

Don't recommend it lads - felt sick. Not going there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Another poor score of 31 (88 strokes) around Killeen yesterday. Turned with 18 but was poor enough from there on in. Felt I played away better than last wkend (29 points on Mahoney's) and had 8 less putts but yet only scored 2 more points, wtf?

Breaking 80 seems so far away now tbh.

*off 12 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Argh - had 31 points with 4 to go yesterday - 3 scratches and 2 points left me out of the prizes. Think the two nights on the lash prior to yesterday showed up in my tired decision-making last few holes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Last three rounds off 13:

35 home
    36 East Clare
    36 home

Long game good. Short game only OK. More than a few mental errors featuring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

71 net off 15 in mount juliet Saturday morning - ( first time playing the course )

Did not miss a fairway and feel like I played very solid....Very enjoyable course to play

What time were you out at? We were there at 12:30

Tee'ed off at 1210.. Must of been just ahead of ya -- was a great track !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tee'ed off at 1210.. Must of been just ahead of ya -- was a great track !

Ah so you were the one holding us up!

Just kidding ;)

• Advertisement

we were only a 2 ball - LOL saw no one behind us other than a group always looking for balls ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Finally something decent to post after a very mediocre season

Shot 5 under in Lucan Singles yesterday for 42 Points. Had drifted out to 1 after a stack of .1's had billed up so wasn't going in with any expectations

6 Birdies on 3,5,9,13,15 & 17 was offset against a 3-Putt bogey on the 4th.

Drove the ball great and short irons were half decent and left a good few short birdie chances. Bonus was a .7 cut and a win in the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Shot 5 under in Lucan Singles yesterday for 42 Points. Had drifted out to 1 after a stack of .1's had billed up so wasn't going in with any expectations

Drove the ball great and short irons were half decent and left a good few short birdie chances. Bonus was a .7 cut and a win in the comp.

And your birthday to boot :)
    Great shooting dude, but no twos??

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

And your birthday to boot :)
    Great shooting dude, but no twos??

Thanks and nope, not a sniff of a two
    Also was on the edge of 18 in two (Was downwind) and three stabbed
    Can't complain though

Jaysus Pink.

Unreal.

I think you killed the 2014 thread. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Wow, savage shooting, congrats and a truly deserved win. Is that a new PB around Lucan, anywhere near the course record? (realise there are a few very low guys in Lucan with one I think of +4 so bound to be up against stiff competition for the course record).
    Are the greens still as good as ever, everyone should play Lucan at least once a year to test themselves on lightning fast and seriously smooth greens, they're just amazing and some challenge. It sounds from the above that you could have picked up at least two more shots so game is obviously back on form.

Portmarnock Links is an absolutely class course - love playing it - I find it a serious test of golf - Normally struggle to get over 30 points there if I'm being honest.

started awful with 4 shots from off green for a scratch - this happened to me on 10 too. 8 shots from off greens your at nothing with that carry on. Putted terribly - haven't putted like that in a few months - pity.

Played fantastic golf tee to green - just got wrong club 3 times (all costly there) - but was only 2 over on front after a double starting.

Had a real chance of a great round - but just putting let me down. Great irons - good off tee.

Greens not the best I've seen out there - but perhaps my views are tainted.

Hopefully I made buffer with 33 - class day for golf - class day for Links - class company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Portmarnock Links is an absolutely class course - love playing it - I find it a serious test of golf - Normally struggle to get over 30 points there if I'm being honest.

started awful with 4 shots from off green for a scratch - this happened to me on 10 too. 8 shots from off greens your at nothing with that carry on. Putted terribly - haven't putted like that in a few months - pity.

Played fantastic golf tee to green - just got wrong club 3 times (all costly there) - but was only 2 over on front after a double starting.

Had a real chance of a great round - but just putting let me down. Great irons - good off tee.

Greens not the best I've seen out there - but perhaps my views are tainted.

Hopefully I made buffer with 33 - class day for golf - class day for Links - class company.
    Serious golf fix, peppering the pins from 2-14, birdie putts on most of them, if greens were better could have had serious round, greens were poor enough. Had 29 off 4 myself, don't know how I even got that much, lol, strong finish which makes a bad round easier, my quest for a good score on a links continues!!

Thanks dar.

There was me thinking the front in MJ - was a freak.

This planed break could be on hold if this is the form (lol). Christy can shove his "every body needs a break" - up his ..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

iIgZRAHtvfK43.gif

Advertisement