Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ramsey posted on FB and Twitter saying it was a good win, didn't mention any injury. Hopefully that means it was just a slight knock.

Ya.... hopefully

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Szczesny, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck #BORvAFC

Confirmed #LFC team v Ludogorets: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Balotelli

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Szczesny, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck #BORvAFC

Confirmed #LFC team v Ludogorets: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Balotelli

Sterling up front with Balotelli according to SSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No clean sheet for Arsenal again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

KevIRL wrote: »
    No clean sheet for Arsenal again tonight

In fairness, they are playing a decent side tonight. But they do look poor at the back. Was thinking of chambers in for debuchy, but might look elsewhere.

Edit. 2-0 now.

• Advertisement

Ramsey off for tactical reasons after 61'

Goal Mario

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Goal Mario

of course he scores tonight :(

Liverpool again proving they can't keep a cleanie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Liverpool again proving they can't keep a cleanie

Brutal tonight. Wouldn't be going near any of their players for a while.

Welbeck any use?

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Welbeck any use?

Missed three good chances. Think I'll be going Pelle over him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Moreno with an assist tonight and looks great for attacking points still wouldn't touch him as pool can't defend.

djPSB wrote: »
    Brutal tonight. Wouldn't be going near any of their players for a while.

Welbeck any use?

His finishing looked as poor as United supporters have been telling me it is.

#MCFC XI to play #FCBayern: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Kompany, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko

No Aguero is a surprise

Chelsea XI vs. Schalke: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Filipe Luis, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Drogba

Great news for Aguero and Costa owners.

And Azpi owners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If they are not injured. I would have expected City to put out their strongest team against Bayern therefore i'd be suspicious that he is not 100% fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

This will always be the dilemma for augero owners. Even when fit, peligrini could rest him regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

And Azpi owners

But Luis getting game time and showing what he can do could mean that Azpi is the rotation risk.

Smartguy wrote: »
    This will always be the dilemma for augero owners. Even when fit, peligrini could rest him regardless.

No problem with this but i highly doubt he would be resting his most important player in a must win big game against Bayern. I'd say he has a niggle hence why he is rested. It's enough to put me off him for another while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero also came off relatively early against arsenal too didn't he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Silva playing in the hole too! Somewhere I wish he played every week in the league!

Silva playing in the hole too! Somewhere I wish he played every week in the league!

Any excuse for some Mick

Mick2.gif

zarquon wrote: »
    If they are not injured. I would have expected City to put out their strongest team against Bayern therefore i'd be suspicious that he is not 100% fit.

Is Aguero on the bench if so I'd say that was the plan when the team was picked for the arsenal game

Is Aguero on the bench if so I'd say that was the plan when the team was picked for the arsenal game

Yup. Not a bad strategy to unleash Aguero from the bench if needed and have him fresh for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Fabregas goal

Caballero and Boyata are on the bench too. City are scraping the barrel with their FPP reduced squad which affects their bench. If aguero is only 50% fit he would still warrant a place on the bench because City do not have other bench options with injuries to Jovetic, negredo and Fernando

No problem with this but i highly doubt he would be resting his most important player in a must win big game against Bayern. I'd say he has a niggle hence why he is rested. It's enough to put me off him for another while.

The first game of the CL is not "must win". City are away to Munich, a draw would be a great result.

The game against Chelsea on Sunday is far more important.

Fabregas goal

Haz assist is noteworthy.

• Advertisement

Caballero and Boyata are on the bench too. City are scraping the barrel with their FPP reduced squad which affects their bench. If aguero is only 50% fit he would still warrant a place on the bench because City do not have other bench options with injuries to Jovetic, negredo and Fernando

Not sure about the "scraping the barrel" comment. Caballero is the sub 'keeper. Do you expect them to have no sub keeper on the bench?

From BBC:

Fifteen minutes to kick-off then, as Manchester City complete their warm-up at the Allianz Arena. City's strength in depth is certainly impressive these days - as Frank Lampard joins the likes of James Milner, Aleksandar Kolarov, Sergio Aguero and Eli Mangala on the bench.

City bench: Caballero, Milner, Kolarov, Aguero, Lampard, Mangala, Boyata.

Advertisement