Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Where do you get into your own league draft online and not in the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Guys, not sure which thread to ask this general question on. Been playing premier league FF for a few years and thought I would give NFL official one a go.

Had my draft a few days ago on the official nfl one, my question is can I change players before the season starts on Thursday night? I see one person has removed a player to draft a defence ( presumably they messed up during the draft itself and left out drafting a D ) but I notice someone else has now changed one kicker for another?! I assumed once the draft is done that that's it until the season starts, am I wrong? I would happily ditch Vincent Jackson if I can! It's a regular settings NFL dot com draft.
    Thanks guys, wish i had done the boards one. Next year I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Depending on your league settings, you should be able to pick someone up off the waiver wire. But keep Vincent Jackson!

You could also propose a trade with another team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Guys, not sure which thread to ask this general question on. Been playing premier league FF for a few years and thought I would give NFL official one a go.

Had my draft a few days ago on the official nfl one, my question is can I change players before the season starts on Thursday night? I see one person has removed a player to draft a defence ( presumably they messed up during the draft itself and left out drafting a D ) but I notice someone else has now changed one kicker for another?! I assumed once the draft is done that that's it until the season starts, am I wrong? I would happily ditch Vincent Jackson if I can! It's a regular settings NFL dot com draft.
    Thanks guys, wish i had done the boards one. Next year I guess!

You can swap players as much as you want! :) It's not like Fantasy premier league where you only get one transfer. Beware though that after a gameweek has finished priority for picking new players is given according to position on the waiver wire. I'm not quite sure how waiver wire position is calculated but the basic premise is that if you are No.1 on the waiver wire list then you get to choose the first player that isn't on a team. That's a huge advantage if a player comes out of nowhere to be an absolutely must have.

Thanks for the replys guys, I assumed the waiver system only kicked in after the season starts.

I suppose it's only the very late round draftees I should consider ditching for someone else as I'd be essentially giving away value if I ditch a middle round player (likely that a player I would have preferred to have taken would be already drafted by someone else and not go undrafted- if that makes sense? ). Took Amendola in round 14 or 15, I might find someone better.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hi.

Im not on any of the leagues here but want ask a few questions for upcoming games? Romo or Luck at qb. Start Brian Quick even though he is projected zero points or cecil shorts jag. Start bishop sanky or steven jackson atl. Is there a thread or is this the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hi.

Im not on any of the leagues here but want ask a few questions for upcoming games? Romo or Luck at qb. Start Brian Quick even though he is projected zero points or cecil shorts jag. Start bishop sanky or steven jackson atl. Is there a thread or is this the place?

I would go with Romo over Luck (the 49ers D is hurting right now & the Dallas O is top notch) Steven Jackson over Sankey (Sankey is not the starter in Tenessee yet) Do you have any alternatives to Quick or Shorts? If not & Shorts is fit he is the obvious choice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hi.

Ignore projections for a start, they are pretty useless. And start Cecils.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Orizio wrote: »
    Ignore projections for a start, they are pretty useless. And start Cecils.

Yah i got sucked into the projections a bit too much last year (first year). Going to ignore them this year. Best is to read up the latest analysis on the player or previous game / form etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I would go with Romo over Luck (the 49ers D is hurting right now & the Dallas O is top notch) Steven Jackson over Sankey (Sankey is not the starter in Tenessee yet) Do you have any alternatives to Quick or Shorts? If not & Shorts is fit he is the obvious choice

I have T.Y Hilton??? I have C.J. Spiller too, put him in instead of sanky (sanky may be first choice after a few weeks so will keep him on roster. I have read up reports that Quick will be starting and is going well yet he has a zero projection and no write up on the ESPN site. What am i missing bout this guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pretty set on my week 1 team, the only real decision left to make is who to start of Cecil Shorts or DeAndre Hopkins? Any thoughts please?

Fantasy Pros are 67% leaning towards Shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I have T.Y Hilton??? I have C.J. Spiller too, put him in instead of sanky (sanky may be first choice after a few weeks so will keep him on roster. I have read up reports that Quick will be starting and is going well yet he has a zero projection and no write up on the ESPN site. What am i missing bout this guy?

Quick will see time on the field but he is considered the WR 3/4 and Rams WR performance are sketchy right now with Hill taking over from Bradford. Quick not worth a start right now in Fantasy he had an average Pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

BKWDR wrote: »
    Yah i got sucked into the projections a bit too much last year (first year). Going to ignore them this year. Best is to read up the latest analysis on the player or previous game / form etc

Yeah you are best at doing a little research, looking at form, looking at the opposition's team's strengths and weaknesses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TY Hilton defo pick him over Shorts or Quick !!!

Id still go with Jackson over spiller or sankey. I do think Sankey is going to become the started in Tennesee later this year though so could be fantasy gold down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Would you start Sproles over either CJ Spiller or Marshawn Lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

nope. Bears linebackers can't tackle and Packers D nothing special either. why drop them for a backup/alternative player?

Brady away to the fish, or Cutler at home to the bills?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ah Cam, injured already, hope this is isn't going to be the craic for the year, at least my back is playing later. Crabtree injured as well, hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ah Cam, injured already, hope this is isn't going to be the craic for the year, at least my back is playing later. Crabtree injured as well, hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Damn, is Crabtree out for Sunday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, he's not out he's "working through something" to quote Harbaugh,, he missed practice, he also missed a good deal of camp.

It would be nice to know his status before kickoff but he will likely be "questionable" and we won't know until about 9pm Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

adrian522 wrote: »

Is he out on Sunday? i saw that he missed practice but I'm sure it was more precautionary than anything sinister (hopefully anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

BKWDR wrote: »
    Would you start Sproles over either CJ Spiller or Marshawn Lynch?

No I'd rank that trio Lynch, Spiller, Sproles

Is he out on Sunday? i saw that he missed practice but I'm sure it was more precautionary than anything sinister (hopefully anyway).

Cam says he's "on pace" to play Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Ellington potentially out "for an extended period of time"

Masked Man wrote: »

Yep, some pain. SD looked a decent match up too :(
    I have just taken him out for Ben Tate.

Masked Man wrote: »

Tried to draft him in both my leagues, but I was pipped both times, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

infacteh wrote: »
    Tried to draft him in both my leagues, but I was pipped both times, phew!

I finally accepted a trade offer for him yesterday! Replacing him with L Bell. Couldn't have worked out better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Mark Ingram against the Falcons or Alfred Morris against the Texans?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Mark Ingram against the Falcons or Alfred Morris against the Texans?

Ingram's definitely got the better matchup, but there's no way if trust him more than Morris yet. In my opinion Morris is plug-and-play, don't worry about the matchup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Any more NFL.com leagues going?

Advertisement