Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ICBF Proofs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Does Progressive Genetics not own any of the Bull's on their Beef Catelogue?

Does anyone know anything about this bull?, as in where can you get him? or was he any good?

Code Breed Birth year Name Owner Index reliability within breed across breed Index reliability within breed across breed
    AAI CH 2005 ASHLEIGH ADMIRAL EUROGENE/LIC AI BULLS €169 81 5 5 €102 70 5 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

About 50rows down in the Dairysheet, there is a bull called s1465, with a production subindex of 266!!!! And Protein of +44kgs! Surely a mistake of some sort??

The few I use like PBM, KSK and JKF all down 20points or so hmmm. Can't complain hugely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I saw that.

His Protein % has jumped from 0.02 to .55. has to be a typo

Farrell wrote: »
    Does Progressive Genetics not own any of the Bull's on their Beef Catelogue?

Does anyone know anything about this bull?, as in where can you get him? or was he any good?

Code Breed Birth year Name Owner Index reliability within breed across breed Index reliability within breed across breed
    AAI CH 2005 ASHLEIGH ADMIRAL EUROGENE/LIC AI BULLS €169 81 5 5 €102 70 5 2.5

what makes you say that?

He's a eurogene bull but I dont think he's available any more.

Proofs are up on bull search now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I see that.
    I see that the limousin bull CASTLEVIEW GRINGO ET (GWO) is 6.1% (85% Rel) for calving for 250 calvings. That's not bad considering he is by Vantastic.
    I might be using him this year.:cool: He's a fine looking bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

I see that.
    I see that the limousin bull CASTLEVIEW GRINGO ET (GWO) is 6.1% (85% Rel) for calving for 250 calvings. That's not bad considering he is by Vantastic.
    I might be using him this year.:cool: He's a fine looking bull.

You wont be sorry. I have a few class calves off him and am using him again this year plus they are the quietest Lims I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

don't be expecting to get milky females out of vantastic breeding!! milk is definatly not his strong point!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Anyone see YAD? very good fert and milk

what makes you say that?

He's a eurogene bull but I dont think he's available any more.

He seams to look the part, only a 2005 so thought he should be still around.
    Eurogene rep never heard of him.
    I'd prefer to use instead of alu

• Advertisement

Anyone have any calves from the lim bull from dovea kjb?

Impressive looking bull with good figures.

Farrell wrote: »
    He seams to look the part, only a 2005 so thought he should be still around.
    Eurogene rep never heard of him.
    I'd prefer to use instead of alu

no why did you say:
    "Does Progressive Genetics not own any of the Bull's on their Beef Catelogue?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭tanko

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Anyone have any calves from the lim bull from dovea kjb?

Impressive looking bull with good figures.

Haven't seen any calves off him, he looks the business on paper and looks good in the catalogue too. His calving difficulty figure has stayed low also along with good muscle and milk figures.

tanko wrote: »
    Haven't seen any calves off him, he looks the business on paper and looks good in the catalogue too. His calving difficulty figure has stayed low also along with good muscle and milk figures.

Ya he seems to have the whole package. I must see if my AI man has straws. I'll try him if he has.

Lennon frosty (FTY) has impressive figures too, apart from docility. Anyone have any calves off him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

heres some from P.G Facebook

10013493_808962675798944_2039797696_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I don't get this. Lennon Frosty is by the well known Wilodge Cerberus (WGE).
    Now on the ICBf site. WGE is 18% within breed for docility (92% Rel).
    http://webapp.icbf.com/bull-search/view/700635323

But according to Basco Data in the UK, he is +2.7 EBV. Not sure of teh exact percentile, but he is about or just above average (50% within breed). At 95% Rel aswell.
    http://www.semenstore.co.uk/limousin/products/wilodge-cerberus.html?section

How do you explain that one?

The docility figure for FTY has a reliability of 31% so it's only really a guess. I was at a meeting recently where a well known rep from an Ai company said that unless any figure for a bull had a reliability over 90% the figure couldn't really be relied on for sure.
    Reliability is everything with icbf figures.

no why did you say:
    "Does Progressive Genetics not own any of the Bull's on their Beef Catelogue?"
    If you look down the list of Owners, they do not appear on it.
    Most of the other AI companies (Bova, Dova, Sligo, Eurogene) are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Ya he seems to have the whole package. I must see if my AI man has straws. I'll try him if he has.

going trying him on a nice breeding cow now this evening and hope for a heifer..

• Advertisement

New proofs are up

New proofs are up

GWO and FTY look very good on paper. Have you seen any calves off them yet?

Only photos. GWO seems to be throwing very good stock and not too hard calved.

Haven't heard too much about FTY other than he's easy enough calved

I just had a quick look, is there anything that surprised you on the beef side?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 friesian13

when are the ebi profiles goin to be updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭stanflt

friesian13 wrote: »
    when are the ebi profiles goin to be updated?

Updated already

• Registered Users Posts: 45 friesian13

sorry i meant the ebi report for my own herd.

tanko wrote: »
    I just had a quick look, is there anything that surprised you on the beef side?

Didn't get to study that closely myself. KYA very good figures for such an easy calving bull

TVR's calving gone up even higher!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Didn't get to study that closely myself. KYA very good figures for such an easy calving bull

TVR's calving gone up even higher!

Went and had alook at those. How can KYA be 5 star terminal within breed and only be 1 star for carcase weight gain and confirmation within breed? Doesn't make sense

• Advertisement

Calving ease has such a big barring on the stars now

Advertisement