Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ICBF Proofs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Nettleman wrote: »
    . I notice the column for "active available" is not in the december file-so you havent a clue whether you will get straws or not

That's for the active bull list. The file above is for all bulls

TZT might be an option for lads looking for a maternal CH. Easy calving too. I always thought he was a nice looking bull but one of these bulls that just dropped off the radar when the next big thing came along.

Edit: Could only a picture on a french site for him http://www.genesdiffusion.com/Charolais/Charolais-detail.aspx?n=FR1001832316

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Just checked all the bulls I used this Autumn and all but one have dropped.

ZCH is the worst that I see and he has dropped a lot on both indexes.

Good thing though is MLJ and BZB rising. I have a few cows out of them and I suppose it'll balance out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

as bulls go up, they can go down as quickly, from what I see..
    also will they be on benefit...stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

TZT might be an option for lads looking for a maternal CH. Easy calving too. I always thought he was a nice looking bull but one of these bulls that just dropped off the radar when the next big thing came along.

Edit: Could only a picture on a french site for him http://www.genesdiffusion.com/Charolais/Charolais-detail.aspx?n=FR1001832316
    His sire is Nelson, who is poor for maternal, or is it a different Nelson.
    See Impair & Pinay are top CH on Maternal, pity straws for neither can be got.

• Advertisement

Nelson is 4 stars within breed for maternal.

Toledo is 109 for maternal in France

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Nelson is 4 stars within breed for maternal.

Toledo is 109 for maternal in France

Ok, took a quick look earlier & took it up that he was in minus figures.
    I'll give a better review next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

wiggy123 wrote: »
    as bulls go up, they can go down as quickly, from what I see..
    also will they be on benefit...stars?

ICBF will keep us guessing where the genomic scheme could bring us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Salerchamp

Had a look at the excel for ai bulls last night and noticed some bulls had a code beginning with F e.g F211. Does this mean straws were taken for private use? The owner was down as DOA as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

I think bulls within, Progressive anyway are doing away with names/codes(letter) for bulls in AI, it will be No's now... maybe the F = friesan, no? breed letter,then a no

• Advertisement

I think bulls within, Progressive anyway are doing away with names/codes(letter) for bulls in AI, it will be No's now... maybe the F = friesan, no? breed letter,then a no

I thought the same until i scrolled across to breed and saw different letters. Wanted to see who were the highest for replacement index and the third bull was a Saler but had the ai code starting with F. Have tweeted ICBF to see what they come back with but no response yet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Salerchamp wrote: »
    I thought the same until i scrolled across to breed and saw different letters. Wanted to see who were the highest for replacement index and the third bull was a Saler but had the ai code starting with F. Have tweeted ICBF to see what they come back with but no response yet

Jasus you're optimistic, do you know what day of the week it is??:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Salerchamp wrote: »
    Had a look at the excel for ai bulls last night and noticed some bulls had a code beginning with F e.g F211. Does this mean straws were taken for private use? The owner was down as DOA as well.

There are 3 types of codes
    The normal codes we all know and love

the you have the "S" or Special codes eg s2122 that are for limited use of less than 1000 straws imported into the country

and finally the "F" of Farm codes e.g. F121 That are straws hta were collected on farm and are for use on that farm only

Starting this year the 3 letter coads with all the AI companys here are finished for new bulls. Simply put they were running out of leter combinations after 40+ years. New bulls have codes like FR2077 or
    LM 2117

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

There are 3 types of codes
    The normal codes we all know and love

the you have the "S" or Special codes eg s2122 that are for limited use of less than 1000 straws imported into the country

and finally the "F" of Farm codes e.g. F121 That are straws hta were collected on farm and are for use on that farm only

Learn something new every day! Is there any reason as to why so few are imported in? Or a bit of everything (private owned/possibly no interest/unproven etc)

a lot of time they are pricey straws for pedigree breeders

a lot of time they are pricey straws for pedigree breeders

Ya, we have one lim off an S bull and it was €50. But Alwent Hitman isn't anything spectacular and he's got an S code. He's a polled Ch, maybe that's why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭limo_100

lads do any of use know when the icbf profiles will be updated??

tomorrow apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭limo_100

tomorrow apparently

should make some good reading hopefully I did ok in the last round bar a few black whitehead heifers bought in by DPS he took a big tumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Proofs up on 'Bull Search' now.
    https://webapp.icbf.com/bull-search/

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

blue5000 wrote: »
    Jasus you're optimistic, do you know what day of the week it is??:D

Tweeted them last Monday night but knew I'd get a quicker response by throwing the question up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Herd profile up as well and Genotype info is there for 2014 tested animals. It only seems to be for if the sire is correct or not.

WTF, the best cow in our herd just dropped from 5* to 2*. If this sort of shoite happens every year they can go fcuk themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Kovu wrote: »
    WTF, the best cow in our herd just dropped from 5* to 2*. If this sort of shoite happens every year they can go fcuk themselves.

Ya tis amazing the difference that 2% in reliability is making. I've a NHL heifer there that has gone form 3stars to 5 then down to 2 stars and now she's jumped back to 5.
    Very hard to plan to comply with such large movement in stars.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Ya tis amazing the difference that 2% in reliability is making. I've a NHL heifer there that has gone form 3stars to 5 then down to 2 stars and now she's jumped back to 5.
    Very hard to plan to comply with such large movement in stars.

I wouldn't mind if she was was young but she's on her 7th lac and reliability should be far better than that. Have her heifer from this year kept for a cow and only for the bull has remained five star replacement she would be no use to us for the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

Young Simmental bull that I must sell soon just gone up to 5 stars replacement, fecking delighted altogether!

Remember That you only need to end up with 60% of the herd is 4 or 5 stars so I'm you are sure she is a good animal dont go throwing the baby out with the bathwater

just checked my profile there. all went up bar 4 or 5 that I thought should have gone down anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Where do u check this info?

Advertisement