Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel - Palestine Conflict. **Mod note in OP - updated 1st August**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

ahmdoda wrote: »
    every time there is a conflict Hamas have gotten stronger and more advanced its great to finally hear about the truce but the next time a conflict erupt Hamas will be stronger again and in a couple of decades Israel will cease to exist ~ probably by 2027

You think that in 13 years Hamas will be able to wipe out one of the most powerful militaries in the world?

If anything comes out of this conflict I think it will be an increase of momentum on Gazas part to abandon terrorist organisations in place of more moderate politicians and in doing so the opening of doors leading to proper international (and Isreali) recognition as a state.

In an admittedly messed up way, I think if this were to happen it would actually prove Israel right in their actions, I.e they have shown military resistance is utterly useless and in doing so "helped" Gaza advance as a "state"

* before anyone jumps down my throat I am not justifying the killing of babies, wiping out of families etc but I think my point is fairly clear

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

every time there is a conflict Hamas have gotten stronger and more advanced its great to finally hear about the truce but the next time a conflict erupt Hamas will be stronger again and in a couple of decades Israel will cease to exist ~ probably by 2027

Any other predictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

JC01 wrote: »
    You think that in 13 years Hamas will be able to wipe out one of the most powerful militaries in the world?

If anything comes out of this conflict I think it will be an increase of momentum on Gazas part to abandon terrorist organisations in place of more moderate politicians and in doing so the opening of doors leading to proper international (and Isreali) recognition as a state.

In an admittedly messed up way, I think if this were to happen it would actually prove Israel right in their actions, I.e they have shown military resistance is utterly useless and in doing so "helped" Gaza advance as a "state"

* before anyone jumps down my throat I am not justifying the killing of babies, wiping out of families etc but I think my point is fairly clear

They couldn't give a crap. They'll stop when either (a) something stops them or the more likely (b) they'll stop when they've grabbed enough of Arab East Jerusalem and the West Bank. Gaza and whatever is left will be made semi-autonomous Bantustans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

All you had to say was "no".

Continue to get your views and opinion from media sources, in the mean time I'll do the dirty work.

Goodnight.

Say 'No' and what? Play down and trivialise the deaths and suffering of innocent civilians. Sorry that's not from me, I don't engage in tabloid style, monosyllabic posting. I am not going to speak of the suffering of Palestinian civilians and not reference the medical data (The Causalities).

Media sources? Sorry, I try to avoid cowboy sources. Which is why I referenced the globally recognised and respected PCHR......
    The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in Gaza City. The Centre is a non-profit company, dedicated to protecting human rights, promoting the rule of law and upholding democratic principles in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT). It holds Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations. It is an affiliate of the International Commission of Jurists-Geneva, the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) – Paris, the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network - Copenhagen, the International Legal Assistance Consortium (ILAC) – Stockholm, the World Coalition against the Death Penalty, and the Arab Organization for Human Rights – Cairo. PCHR is a recipient of the 1996 French Republic Award on Human Rights, the 2002 Bruno Kreisky Award for Outstanding Achievements in the Area of Human Rights, the 2003 International Services Human Rights Award (UNAIS) and the 2009 Human Rights Prize of Andalucia. The Centre was established in 1995 by a group of Palestinian lawyers and human rights activists in order to:
    http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3027&Itemid=182

Surely you of all people, know the importance of backing up a statement or any claim during a discussion? Which is precisely what I did in my last post. I'm not going to insult you or myself, but spewing out unverifiable nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

Israel was a country created out of oppression to people that did no harm to the Jews but were in fact living peacefully with them until this Zionist agenda rose and just like every system & nation that rose out of oppression and transgression the end result would be its destruction even if it had the present power to continue its existence.
    Just like a child growing from weakness into a strong adult and then a weak old man and history is enough to prove this.
    As for 2027 i believe that generations change every 40 years. The Jews wondered the desert for 40 years before entering the promised land in order to change the old,tired and weak generation with a new stronger generation. 1948 marked the Palestinian exodus the next 40 years it was an Intifada and a resistance and next 40 years will mark significant advances in the resistance.
    During only 5 years between the last and the current conflict Hamas have advanced further, 13 years is a lot of time and while the future for a Palestinian state my be bleak if Israel doesn't enter Gaza and wipe out every bit of resistance the future will belong to Palestine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Israel was a country created out of oppression to people that did no harm to the Jews but were in fact living peacefully with them until this Zionist agenda rose and just like every system & nation that rose out of oppression and transgression the end result would be its destruction even if it had the present power to continue its existence.
    Just like a child growing from weakness into a strong adult and then a weak old man and history is enough to prove this.
    As for 2027 i believe that generations change every 40 years. The Jews wondered the desert for 40 years before entering the promised land in order to change the old,tired and weak generation with a new stronger generation. 1948 marked the Palestinian exodus the next 40 years it was an Intifada and a resistance and next 40 years will mark significant advances in the resistance.
    During only 5 years between the last and the current conflict Hamas have advanced further, 13 years is a lot of time and while the future for a Palestinian state my be bleak if Israel doesn't enter Gaza and wipe out every bit of resistance the future will belong to Palestine.
    And wipe out Palestine they will. While telling the world they aren't. And are such nice people.
    Which is why we need to be wide to their (the zionists)tricks. I personally regard their eurovision entrant as being part of that. I mean, who would dare say anything bad about a gay jew (i know; jews are not always zionists)singing for their country?
    They had that one sewed up thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I The Jews wondered the desert for 40 years before entering the promised land in order to change the old,tired and weak generation with a new stronger generation. 1948 marked the Palestinian exodus the next 40 years it was an Intifada and a resistance and next 40 years will mark significant advances in the resistance.

Do you believe what is written in the old testament as a statement of fact?
    Or are you just using it as a convenient children's story to back up your fanciful view of the situation in the Levant as being part of some sort of cycle ???

Statements like this really don't add to any sort of intelligent discussion or debate about the situation. I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion, but if you are going use a book as credible as Lord of the Rings as the basis for your opinions, then be prepared for everyone not to take you seriously...

4,5,11,13 ..Numerology bingo and the prize is that you can join us in the next dimension:cool:

Do you believe what is written in the old testament as a statement of fact?
    Or are you just using it as a convenient children's story to back up your fanciful view of the situation in the Levant as being part of some sort of cycle ???

Statements like this really don't add to any sort of intelligent discussion or debate about the situation. I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion, but if you are going use a book as credible as Lord of the Rings as the basis for your opinions, then be prepared for everyone not to take you seriously...
    See, this is where education is turning this kind of thing on its head. Most rational people think "this is a trailer load of bollix" quite early in their lives when it comes to religion.

But not our middle eastern brethren.

Blood On Our Hands - Chris & Sheree Geo - GAZA Graphic Video MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZYOubgAKsE

"Would you support genocide, if you had to pull the trigger
    Look into the eyes of a child then kill her
    Would you still want to lynch me, when I step in and stop it
    or would you then admit, you're being led like a puppet?"

• Advertisement

Tuisceanch wrote: »
    Blood On Our Hands - Chris & Sheree Geo - GAZA Graphic Video MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZYOubgAKsE

"Would you support genocide, if you had to pull the trigger
    Look into the eyes of a child then kill her
    Would you still want to lynch me, when I step in and stop it
    or would you then admit, you're being led like a puppet?"
    I do think there is a type of us that is more easily brainwashed.
    This type is the type that can rationalise killing people just to expand its borders. Of course, it wont be said like that to them. It'll have savage passion and biblical sh1t going on. Perfectly designed to garner maximum support.
    (A bit like hollywood used to)
    But people are becoming more educated nowadays. Less likely to go snackbarring like theres no tomorrow. Education could be said to be the enemy to these zionists then, couldn't it?
    Which, to me anyway, puts the degeneration of the education system into perspective.

Anyway, i digress. Back to pointless anger and rage at whats going on in Palestine!

Because it really is pointless unless we wake the feck up and start sh1t like buycott israeli goods etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Great interview here with Norman Finkelstein about the Gaza massacre, Blair the vampire, Obama the enabler, the Hamas upgraded fireworks & the myth of the Iron dome

Bad day for israel, gave into terrorists. They won our respect and now they drop their guard. Taking a soft approach is inviting trouble. They need to protect their borders or they will be wiped out. Get it together israel your better than this.

Maybe you haven't looked outside your window but there's been nothing but protests against Israel since the start of their massacre up & down the length of this country. If anyone has won any new respect it's Hamas & the people of Gaza for their show of courage & bravery in the face of such aggression.

Although I was a little disappointed they recognized the state of Israel. I don't recognize it just like I didn't recognize the apartheid South Africa state.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Maybe you haven't looked outside your window but there's been nothing but protests against Israel since the start of their massacre up & down the length of this country. If anyone has won any new respect it's Hamas & the people of Gaza for their show of courage & bravery in the face of such aggression.

Feckin Clowns is what they are. 15 times as many been killed in Syria and Iraq, Christians and Druze's been surrounded and massacacred and not a peep out of the dumb Irish. Easily known Israel have to use a heavy hand to protect themselves as Hamas/Jihadist's/ Palestine's lie outside their border ready to do the same to them. Israel stand up for yourself, last time they tried appeasement in 1942 their people paid a heavy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Who wer these people that did no harm to the Jews? Because from my understanding of it the majority of the Arab world has tried to annihilate Israel at one point or another. Israel basically spent the period of the mid 40s to the late 60s fighting for survival on all sides.

Il ignore the whole Bible thing.

But back to my original question, do you think that in 13 years Hamas will be able to destroy one of the most powerful militaries in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Who wer these people that did no harm to the Jews?

I assume the poster you replied was referring to the period before Zionist colonists started to arrive in Palestine.
    Because from my understanding of it the majority of the Arab world has tried to annihilate Israel at one point or another. Israel basically spent the period of the mid 40s to the late 60s fighting for survival on all sides.

Hardly an accurate description. The 1948 conflict was started by Israel, as the Arab states didn't attack until Zionists started expelling Palestinians. In 1956 Israel, France and UK, attacked Egypt due to Egypt nationalizing the Suez canal, and in 1967 Israel again attacked first claiming it was a pre-emptive strike, and the only time the Arabs states attacked Israel first was the Yom Kippur war.

Israel's versions of events basically makes them out to be completely innocent, when the simple fact is that Israel is a state founded by European colonists quoting bits of the bible to justify there land claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Feckin Clowns is what they are. 15 times as many been killed in Syria and Iraq, Christians and Druze's been surrounded and massacacred and not a peep out of the dumb Irish.

There is another thread discussing ISIS. Suffice to say the 2 conflicts are rather different. For example ISIS are being actively bombed, aid being provided to there victims and weapons provided to those fighting them from the international community. We see no such action being taken in regards to Israel, and hence the rather large difference. In fact Israel was given weapons to continue there slaughter of Palestinians during the most recent conflict, which of course displays the utter hypocrisy of the West, bombing ISIS on the one hand, and giving weapons to Israel to murder Palestinians with.
    Easily known Israel have to use a heavy hand to protect themselves as Hamas/Jihadist's/ Palestine's lie outside their border ready to do the same to them.

Thats an interesting thing to say. Seeing as Israel are the ones invading Palestinian land in the West Bank and have put Gaza under siege. The entire notion that Israel an occupying power that is actively stealing land on a daily basis is some how engaged in self defense is laughable fiction that far to many seems to come out with time and again.
    Israel stand up for yourself, last time they tried appeasement in 1942 their people paid a heavy price.

Israel didn't exist in 1942...... Also comparing an occupied people to Nazi's is complete and utter nonsense.

Feckin Clowns is what they are. 15 times as many been killed in Syria and Iraq, Christians and Druze's been surrounded and massacacred and not a peep out of the dumb Irish. Easily known Israel have to use a heavy hand to protect themselves as Hamas/Jihadist's/ Palestine's lie outside their border ready to do the same to them. Israel stand up for yourself, last time they tried appeasement in 1942 their people paid a heavy price.
    wes wrote: »
    Israel didn't exist in 1942...... Also comparing an occupied people to Nazi's is complete and utter nonsense.

And it's a knockout. Sorry to our viewers for this poor contest.

Antisemitism (you basically called Jews cowards), racism (you called Irish people dumb) & bigotry (against Muslims) all in the one post. They did stand up for themselves in WW2, ever hear of an event called the Warsaw Uprising? Well it's pretty similar to what the people of Gaza were doing, The occupiers of Warsaw called the resistance their terrorists just like the occupiers of Gaza call the resistance terrorists.

And for the record Hamas fighters are not terrorists or militants they are the legit government of Gaza, they are soldiers & unlike Israel they only have small arms to fight with.

Well done Hamas & to the people of Gaza for your victory in the face of such overwhelming aggression, you've paid a heavy price but won the respect of all decent humans around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Because from my understanding of it the majority of the Arab world has tried to annihilate Israel at one point or another.

And reading that, it is my understanding that you have absolutely no understanding. If anything, it looks like someone has been swallowing too many Zionist fairytales.

• Advertisement

The uneven numbers of fighters involved is astonishing.

176,500 active & 445,000 reservists on the Israel side while there's only between 10,000 -20,000 on the Gaza side.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

How to knock out a Pro-Israeli Troll? Use Facts!! It takes them down every single time!
    The ignorance is astounding! How can you argue something that you know nothing about?
    On another note, our own Great Leader has shown his true colours in a response to an Irish Palestinian Activists letter penned to him!! It is currently being shared on FB.

How to knock out a Pro-Israeli Troll? Use Facts!! It takes them down every single time!
    The ignorance is astounding! How can you argue something that you know nothing about?
    On another note, our own Great Leader has shown his true colours in a response to an Irish Palestinian Activists letter penned to him!! It is currently being shared on FB.

Have you got a link?

Have you got a link?

It is the woman's FB, she is actively asking people to share but I would be hesitent to post her link here. I can copy the text if it's allowed? It includes her letter to him & his response. Is that allowed?

It is the woman's FB, she is actively asking people to share but I would be hesitent to post her link here. I can copy the text if it's allowed? It includes her letter to him & his response. Is that allowed?

I don't see why not or alternatively can you provide the name of the woman in question?

Here is the letter sent to Enda, there are no identifying details:

To Enda Kenny, Leader of my country, Ireland.

As a citizen of Ireland I write to you expressing feelings of disgust, towards your displayed apathy of the genocide happening on our doorstep and on your watch.

How can you as a human being call yourself a leader and stand behind acloak of cowardice while hundreds of innocent people not least children are bombed to death each day by oppressors with no legitimate rights to do so?

We are of an age where the struggle for peace is fought vehemently on a daily basis by millions around the world, including our very own Island. Have you so quickly forgotten the Good Friday Agreement, and the lives robbed from a people just to get there, a process initiated by the latest deceased and former leading member of our Govt.
    Are you blinded by the power you currently hold, do you forget the time you visited Gaza in 2009? Have you forgotten the time you called me personally on the phone at 11 pm from Gaza then, to deliver your expression of personal abhorrence of the situation, or was that just a faint ploy to get my vote during your next election?.

Oh, how you have deceived me and many of your constituents with your soft talk and suave manner. Oh, how you deceive the public of your fine and noble leadership with which you so praise yourself.

Where are you now, as witness to this mad malignant massacre of the innocent people of Palestine, women, children, elderly, disabled members of a persecuted society?
    People without an identity, without shelter, without water, without food, without a defence, without a Home, you saw for yourself in 2009 the deprivation they struggled to survive within. What as a Leader are you doing about it now?

Isn't it time Mr. Kenny, elected representative of Ireland, to get up of your fundament and act with dignity and humanity and demonstrate some leadership and reflect the views of Irish Humanitarians as they demonstrate weekly, the length and breadth of the country their outrage of such atrocities, committed by the fascist, murderous, terrorist regime, known to the World as Zionist Israel.

Tell us all Taoiseach, tell the Nation, Who stops you from being an honest Leader, a Leader with Conviction, a Leader with Truth, a Leader with Courage, a Leader for Peace

What would, Nelson Mandela say to you now? 'Shame on you', perhaps?

Outraged but not silenced.

This is his response:

Thanks. I note Islamic Jihad, Hamas and armed Palestinian factions appear to have now accepted an Egyptian proposal for a further ceasefire after 50 days of bombs and shelling with so many needlessly dead.
    I was appalled at the public shooting of Palestinian people outside a mosque this week in Gaza, accused of siding with Israeli interests.

You know from your experience that this is a far more complex problem than it appears at first sight. While on three occasions in the past a 2 state solution of Gaza and West Bank was offered by Israel , it was rejected by Hamas, dedicated to the total destruction of Israel.

Ireland had always shown a strong allegiance to the plight of Palestinian people and will continue to do so and in all circumstances where Ireland can contribute to helping the situation in any way then it will do so through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Govt at EU Co level.
    Indeed our experience of having had 30 yrs of terrorist activities on our own island and of having it ended by dialogue and negotiation is often held out as an example to others.

Madiba proved better than most how that lesson can be applied successfully in the cause of Peace. He would say, as he did say, " we must never give up the effort to secure Peace"

People are outraged at what's happening in Syria, in the Lebanon, in Jordan, Iraq, Iran, in Ukraine , to the Kurdish people, to the victims of a returned Taliban and yet the UN Security Council appears powerless.

Some of these areas have been troubled for two millennia.

While that may be so I believe in constant vigilance and negotiation along with others in the hope that sense may prevail and needless loss of life be prevented. But that objective is not easily achieved. And in the meantime Ireland continues to offer what we can for humanitarian relief for those families facing these terrible circumstances.

I disregard completely your comment about your vote. That's entirely your business.

Thank you for your message.

This is his response:

Thanks. I note Islamic Jihad, Hamas and armed Palestinian factions appear to have now accepted an Egyptian proposal for a further ceasefire after 50 days of bombs and shelling with so many needlessly dead.
    I was appalled at the public shooting of Palestinian people outside a mosque this week in Gaza, accused of siding with Israeli interests.

You know from your experience that this is a far more complex problem than it appears at first sight. While on three occasions in the past a 2 state solution of Gaza and West Bank was offered by Israel , it was rejected by Hamas, dedicated to the total destruction of Israel.

Ireland had always shown a strong allegiance to the plight of Palestinian people and will continue to do so and in all circumstances where Ireland can contribute to helping the situation in any way then it will do so through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Govt at EU Co level.
    Indeed our experience of having had 30 yrs of terrorist activities on our own island and of having it ended by dialogue and negotiation is often held out as an example to others.

Madiba proved better than most how that lesson can be applied successfully in the cause of Peace. He would say, as he did say, " we must never give up the effort to secure Peace"

People are outraged at what's happening in Syria, in the Lebanon, in Jordan, Iraq, Iran, in Ukraine , to the Kurdish people, to the victims of a returned Taliban and yet the UN Security Council appears powerless.

Some of these areas have been troubled for two millennia.

While that may be so I believe in constant vigilance and negotiation along with others in the hope that sense may prevail and needless loss of life be prevented. But that objective is not easily achieved. And in the meantime Ireland continues to offer what we can for humanitarian relief for those families facing these terrible circumstances.

I disregard completely your comment about your vote. That's entirely your business.

Thank you for your message.

He seems reasonably well versed in Israeli talking points!

He seems reasonably well versed in Israeli talking points!

Looks like the Israeli Ambassador hacked his account and replied himself! No mention of dead children, of indiscriminate shelling and I love his mention of our own "terrorists"!

He didn't even try to be partial!

• Advertisement

Who's our great leader?

Advertisement