Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel - Palestine Conflict. **Mod note in OP - updated 1st August**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That response is to the previous article Waters made.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Once again these Zionist nut jobs, emphasis the correlation between extreme psychotic ideologies like Zionism & Nazism. So it's no surprise to see Zionists abusing Holocaust survivors like that. After all, the Holocaust survivors made the grave mistake of standing up for common humanity, justice and reason. And such tenets are completely anathema to Zionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Just hearing news that a ceasefire has been agreed......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Let's see how long this lasts

http://news.sky.com/story/1324992/hamas-claims-open-ended-ceasefire-agreed
    An agreement has been reached between Israel and the Palestinian authorities over a ceasefire in Gaza, a Hamas spokesman has said.

The official claimed that an "open-ended" ceasefire has been agreed to end the seven week long war that has led to the deaths of more than 2,000 people.

There was no Israeli comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

bumper234 wrote: »

It is worrying that israeli sources are not commenting, i hope they are not going to punish the palestinians more before accepting.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    i hope they are not going to punish the palestinians more before accepting.

In keeping with their previous patterns, you can be sure they will be intensifying their airstrikes before the ceasefire kicks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

The objectors to military service in Israel.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/18/world/meast/israel-refusers/index.html

The usual nonsense in it, the hate the threats of death for them refusing to serve their country. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In keeping with their previous patterns, you can be sure they will be intensifying their airstrikes before the ceasefire kicks in.

In fairness I've never seen them do that, it serves little purpose.

I've seen them intensify artillery as part of a tactical withdrawal from an area prior to a ceasefire but never aerial bombardment (its rather expensive, even if someone else is supplying it stocks are limited).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

In fairness I've never seen them do that, it serves little purpose.

I've seen them intensify artillery as part of a tactical withdrawal from an area prior to a ceasefire but never aerial bombardment (its rather expensive, even if someone else is supplying it stocks are limited).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/aug/31/israelandthepalestinians.syria

"What's shocking - and I would say to me completely immoral - is that 90% of the cluster bomb strikes occurred in the last 72 hours of the conflict, when we knew there would be a resolution," Mr Egeland said. "Every day people are maimed, wounded and are killed by these ordnance."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

A bit apples and oranges, The IRA weren't exactly an existential threat to the UK, well the "mainland" anyway, while hamas want the complete destruction of Israel.

Wanting and doing are two different things. The IRA actually did cause a good deal of destruction to the UK mainland (Bishopsgate, Deal barracks, center of Manchester. Docklands, the Old bailey, countless pubs etc...) You'll be waiting a while before Hamas manage to even vandalize a lamppost in any major Israel city.

And when Hamas entered into a coalition with the PNA they were basically accepting the fact Israel has a right to exist in peace. but sure don't let the Zionist lobby propaganda cloud your judgement

In fairness I've never seen them do that it serves little purpose.

I have and and I've seen it reported on France 24, Al Jazerra and even Sky News. And if you monitored previous reports following the last ceasefires, you would have noticed it. And course it serves a purpose. The IDF always welcomes an opportunity to up their Palestinian kill ratio. Also note, my mentioning airstrikes in my last post, may have been interpreted as excluding other methods of IDF attack - artillery, AH-64 Apaches ect, ect. That wasn't my intention, because I expect that all methods of attack, could be utilised before the next ceasefire kicks in.

And yet you here the same idiotic drivel pumped out again and again (particularly in the US media by utter simpletons like Sean Hannity etc)

In fairness, Sean Hannity probably can't spell his own name. You're more likely to get reasoned political thought coming from a carrot, than from the likes of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have and and I've seen it reported on France 24, Al Jazerra and even Sky News. And if you monitored previous reports following the last ceasefires, you would have noticed it. And course it serves a purpose. The IDF always welcomes an opportunity to up their Palestinian kill ratio. Also note, my mentioning airstrikes in my last post, may have been interpreted as excluding other methods of IDF attack - artillery, AH-64 Apaches ect, ect. That wasn't my intention, because I expect that all methods of attack, could be utilised before the next ceasefire kicks in.

The blood lust has to be satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Watching the celebrations in Gaza it's amazing how bloody resilient the people are. Hope people here will continue to boycott israeli goods.

So you have seen this first hand?.

You see its very hard to debate these things with people who want to believe this ~ how do I disprove it to you?.. Tbh I don't try, instead I just type up what I've seen myself over the last 20+ years.

And tbh if you know there's a prospect of a ceasefire looming its no reason is ease off on the fighting, I'm sure Hamas didn't let off on the rocket strikes. Politics isn't watch military tacticians do ~ they fight until the bell, and includes Hamas leaders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Bad day for israel, gave into terrorists. They won our respect and now they drop their guard. Taking a soft approach is inviting trouble. They need to protect their borders or they will be wiped out. Get it together israel your better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I should be more eloquent and make more of a contribution - but simply thank fúck there's a proper ceasefire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Bad day for israel, gave into terrorists. They won our respect and now they drop their guard. Taking a soft approach is inviting trouble. They need to protect their borders or they will be wiped out. Get it together israel your better than this.

I'm glad they have loyal supporters in you and your goldfish.

Says you from the comfort of where?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

Nodin wrote: »
    I'm glad they have loyal supporters in you and your goldfish.

Hey! Lay off the goldfish.

Tuisceanch wrote: »
    Hey! Lay off the goldfish.

He knew what he was supporting for the 5 seconds it was in his brain.

Idiotic post is idiotic

Good write up here

Israel's Military Plan in Gaza, and the Strengthening of Hamas

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5709143?utm_hp_ref=tw
    Israel believes if it squeezes hard it will win. Israel's intention is clear: weaken Hamas and never give them the credit of ending the siege. To pursue this goal, Israel is killing more children, women, and elderly, completely destroying whole parts of Gaza and its infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tuisceanch

“Outstanding Psychopath of the Year” at the 2014 Emmy Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss4Tq6BC_Tg#t=255

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Fiolina wrote: »
    Watching the celebrations in Gaza it's amazing how bloody resilient the people are. Hope people here will continue to boycott israeli goods.

Absolutely this is not over. If you murdered someone the long arm of the law would still be after you. The same applies to the murdering IDF/Israel. Just because they have stopped killing (for now) doesn't mean all is la dee da. I'm as angry tonight at Israel as i have been over the last 5 weeks or even 5 years.

So you have seen this first hand?.

Is there a more sanitised expression you'd prefer me to use? Maybe a more IDF friendly expression one could use? Sorry, for me I'm afraid there really isn't. Someone would need to be extremely blinkered, to try and excuse the indiscriminate IDF 'war' on the civilians of Gaza and the causalities inflicted upon them. The casualty data below speaks for itself.
    You see its very hard to debate these things with people who want to believe this ~ how do I disprove it to you?

Debate what? Hard data like casualty lists? The appalling casualties incurred by the civilian population of Gaza cannot be excused away.

Last updated: 07:00 GMT, 24 August 2014
    Total killed: 2122
    Total civilians killed: 1633
    Total children killed: 507
    Total women killed: 292
    Total Militants killed: 489

http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10491:statistics-victims-of-the-israeli-offensive-on-gaza-since-08-july-2014&catid=145:in-focus#

There is no debating the killing and wounded of 3731 children by the IDF. When you compare the Palestinian civilian deaths to Israeli civilians deaths, the results are simply horrifying - 408 Palestinian civilians dead for every Israeli. 507 Palestinian children for one Israeli child. Even Himmler would be impressed with such a ratio.

The deaths of all civilians, Israeli or Palestinian is tragic and utterly contemptible to me. And maybe I need to revise my earlier 'Kill ratio' comments. Because when I look at the comparative causalities, I think 'bloodlust’ is probably a much more suitable expression.

Is there a more sanitised expression you'd prefer me to use? Maybe a more IDF friendly expression one could use? Sorry, for me I'm afraid there really isn't.

All you had to say was "no".

Continue to get your views and opinion from media sources, in the mean time I'll do the dirty work.

Goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

every time there is a conflict Hamas have gotten stronger and more advanced its great to finally hear about the truce but the next time a conflict erupt Hamas will be stronger again and in a couple of decades Israel will cease to exist ~ probably by 2027

• Advertisement

ahmdoda wrote: »
    every time there is a conflict Hamas have gotten stronger and more advanced its great to finally hear about the truce but the next time a conflict erupt Hamas will be stronger again and in a couple of decades Israel will cease to exist ~ probably by 2027

They have the bomb and are a US ally - they aren't going anywhere.

Advertisement