Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Wow congrats, first sub par round? Great achievement and especially in Luttrellstown as no easy track (presume it was from the white tees). Class course made all the better by the great round, nice handicap cut to boot as doubt CSS will be much higher than 36 or 37.

Cheers, no had a 70 in kilcock last year, and few sub par team events, off the whites yeah, sss off the whites on the card is 74.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Great golf to watch and no dramas - you could have easily been one or two better. I hope you bring home the crystal today!

Well if a whopping 43 pts and sub par round doesn't win it's time to give up golf and admit defeat to the bandits. Hopefully it's a decent prize and not something like a two ball voucher to replay the course which is a terribly miserable prize in an open competition that doesn't cost the club anything. That said I think I remember reading before that the prize(s) on offer for the Luttrellstown open competitions were very good.

Well if a whopping 43 pts and sub par round doesn't win it's time to give up golf and admit defeat to the bandits. Hopefully it's a decent prize and not something like a two ball voucher to replay the course which is a terribly miserable prize in an open competition that doesn't cost the club anything. That said I think I remember reading before that the prize(s) on offer for the Luttrellstown open competitions were very good.
    Yeah, 150 cash was the prizes for the opens on wednesday, not sure if it's still the same now though

dar_cool wrote: »
    Yeah, 150 cash was the prizes for the opens on wednesday, not sure if it's still the same now though

Screenshot_2014-08-20-13-10-04_zpstiumtdsm.png
    This was in may, not sure if it's the same for all there opens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

71 Gross around luttrellstown today in there open, -1 for a 43 pointer of 6, delighted is an understatement, was never in any trouble and the putter was hot, thanks to Rollotomasi for the great company, didn't play your best but still a serious golfer!!

Great shooting. You should be down to 2 or 3 easy by the end of the year if not already by the sounds of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

36 points today in Fermoy, 1birdie, 3pars, 11 bogeys, 2 doubles and a scratch off 17. Playing well feel like I left a lot out there. 4 3 putts and a bit sloppy around the greens could have made it a great round.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

33pts today in Moate (casual round) not great but better than last Sundays effort all the same. Hope to play there again tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

33pts today in Moate (casual round) not great but better than last Sundays effort all the same. Hope to play there again tomorrow.

Ya playing the open day tomorrow? I haven't played Moate this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

71 Gross around luttrellstown today in there open, -1 for a 43 pointer of 6, delighted is an understatement, was never in any trouble and the putter was hot, thanks to Rollotomasi for the great company, didn't play your best but still a serious golfer!!

Well done Dar! Not too surprised to see this. The time I played with you in Corballis it was obvious to me that you are some golfer :D

Hope it's a big cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Outstanding stuff Dar around that course.

Long and straight all day. Well power fade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Ya playing the open day tomorrow? I haven't played Moate this year!

Yes Charlie, playing the Thursday open for the first time this year myself. I'd have to take a half day from work to get there normally midweek so I rarely do that but I am off work this week so all going to plan I'm playing at 10.00 with my young lad and I see a 3rd person has joined us. More than welcome to come along if it suited you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Sorry Andy, am working so it would have been late afternoon before i get to go. Range it is for today!!

Got good news last night, Won it by 4 points, 150 voucher for mcguirks/halpenny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

31 points today off 19 in new Ross . 18 points after 9 with 1 scratched hole but back 9 proved more difficult as usual wit 2 scratched holes a double bogey and 6 bogeys . Got a lesson last week and had to change a few things with my set up so taken that into account it was nt to
    Bad a round .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played Baltray today. What a fantastic golf course.

Probably shot around 31 points, but not too worried about the score. Was playing in a fourball and we were giving putts and stuff.

The most important thing is what a great course that is. I feel privileged to have gotten to play on the hallowed turf! Instant entry into to my top 5 courses I have played in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

37pts in tramore yesterday 3pars 14bogeys 1 blank. Drove the ball great irons good. I hit 4i on 13th ball ended up in a divot & I foolishly went for the green with a 7i bad idea ended up in water so took a drop I only duffed the chip bck into the water. But par on 14th index1 cheered me up again.

39 points in Roscrea this morning in the Boards.ie Golf Society outing off my real handicap. 36 points off my society handicap.

Beautiful day down there and it really is a lovely little golf course. Greens were rolling really true and very impressed with the course overall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

28 in roscrea today 12 and 16. Scratched first two holes which didn't help with the rage.
    Slicing drive after drive on a tight course really hurts also. Short game went to pot early on so i suppose it aint too bad a score when my arms feel like they weren't attached to the rest of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

35 pts today off 10. First time playing off 10 so I'm happy I went around reasonably well. Had 4 one pointers and a scratch aswell. So I let a few points slip.

1 birdie
    8 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 double b
    1 scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Rikand wrote: »
    Played Baltray today. What a fantastic golf course.

Probably shot around 31 points, but not too worried about the score. Was playing in a fourball and we were giving putts and stuff.

The most important thing is what a great course that is. I feel privileged to have gotten to play on the hallowed turf! Instant entry into to my top 5 courses I have played in Ireland

Although the €100 green fee is a bit much for a lot of people, golfnow has them a couple of times a week for €45. For example at 12.20 on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Awful.

121 strokes at Slade Valley. I think only about 4 of those were any good. I started poorly and I think let that get to me. Hopefully lesson learned, just play each shot without a care about the previous ones. Still enjoyed the day out, and will be back to Slade Valley to (hopefully) comfortably better that.

Last two rounds I have been terrible from within 30 yards of the pin I reckon so a definite area for more dedicated practice.

76/75 in naas 36 hole junior scratch cup, course in super nick, greens very fast, pins tucked away in very difficult positions. Very enjoyable day and my first 36 holer, Course was calm in the morning and windy in the afternoon. There was a 71 in for first 18 so say that will be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

12 over off 10 in Druids Glen yesterday.
    4 three putts and a lost ball so happy enough. Have to say greens and bunkers were in pretty poor condition, was very glad to be on a voucher and no paying the 90 quid.

12 over also in first round of captains in Grange today.
    33 putts (2 three putts)
    9/12 FIR
    5 GIR
    8 Pars
    8 Bogeys
    2 Doubles

Poor striking but 100% of fairways on the back 9 was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Poor day in first round qualifier for Captains Prize in Rathcore. 88 strokes for a 79. Waiting to see if I've squeezed in.

Score was a result really of a very nervous 8 on the first and about 7 lip outs throughout the round. FIR was 93% so that was fine. Irons were decent too but 38 putts is pretty fishy.

I will say the course was in its best shape all year. Greens were immaculate so hats off to the green-keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

91pts in the Open 4 Ball

Got on the card a few times with some pars and bogey's.

I was rusty to put it nicely. Only started striking irons good in the last few holes and the driver never did what I wanted.

Putting was very very good. I think I missed two from inside 15ft and finished less than 30 putts.

First game in two weeks, surprising how a little time off can mess with your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

First round of our President's Prize today. Very frustrating day for me in that I let a fabulous score slip away. Played the front nine in 37 strokes (+2) and was absolutely flying, 22 points. Was +3 after 5 holes, then birdied the par 5 6th and then parred 7, 8 and 9. Was only 1 off my best ever nine holes.

Then started making mistakes immediately on the back nine. Forced to chip out sideways after a bad drive on 10, then my third was poor enough, followed up with a good recovery chip and almost holed the par putt but lipped out. Then another poor shot on the par 3 11th, again a good punch shot onto the green from under a tree. Just missed the par putt but then inexplicably missed a tap in for bogey, didn't feel right over it yet hit it anyway, grrrrrr.

Parred the 12th, hit a nice drive on 13 and the approach to 13 looked lovely but died on landing and left a tricky big swinging downhill putt for birdie, the putt was good but trickled about 4ft past. Made a poor attempt at the putt back up the hill and another bogey.

Then another bad drive on 14 forced another sideways chip out, managed to save bogey with a lovely chip from the edge of the green. Good drive on 15 but hit a shocker of an approach into long grass in the spinney, yet another chip out sideways...ended up with a double.

On the 16th hit a peach of a 60deg wedge to about 7ft and left a great chance for birdie but the putt just lipped out. Then on the 17th hit a sloppy approach and left myself under a big tree near the green, hit a what felt like a good chip but it clipped a branch and stopped well short. The par putt was short and then hit another bad putt that lipped out and another double. Then on the 18th, hit a bad drive leaving a recovery shot where I only had a very narrow gap between trees. Absolutely smashed a 4-iron through the gap, probably the best shot of the day. Then hit a decent chip to give me a chance of salvaging par. Unfortunately just missed a 20 foot putt and tapped in for bogey.

Front 9: 37 (+2)
    Back 9: 47 (+10)

For 36 points off 12. There was 3 or 4 putts on the back 9 that I'd normally sink in my sleep, so frustrating. Lots of good stuff to take from the weekend. Today I played to my handicap for the first time in 4 rounds. Also never scratched a hole in 2 rounds (including the boards outing yesterday), so the signs are positive again.

Got a lesson this week with my pro too, so hopefully I can sort out a few niggles for the second 18 of the Presidents next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

28 points, shocking front 9 hit the trees on all the par 4s and dropped a shot on each. Been working on a few drills to correct a slice and it's slowly coming together for me. Ball striking across all clubs is getting consistent now, holed out from a greenside bunker for birdie too.

Picked up an rbz hybrid for 20 quid, delighted with it.

38 points off 5 this morning in club competition. Bogeyed the first 2 holes, but held it together and birdied 3 and 7 to get back to level par. was +1 after 9 and double bogeyed the 10th, parred 11,12 and 13, birdied 14, parred 15, bogeyed 16 after a 3 putt and parred the last 2.

Really happy with how I played especially with how windy of a day it was. very difficult conditions

Came 2nd in the competition and cut 0.2 to get me down to my lowest handicap of the year, 4.9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

76/75 in naas 36 hole junior scratch cup, course in super nick, greens very fast, pins tucked away in very difficult positions. Very enjoyable day and my first 36 holer, Course was calm in the morning and windy in the afternoon. There was a 71 in for first 18 so say that will be hard to beat.

Nice shooting again, 2nd place I see although of a questionable 17 handicap. Handicap must be taking another severe downward spiral after Luttrellstown and again this weekend, down to at least 4 now?

How did you find the 36 holes format, obviously not too tiring with a better second 18. Was there a lunch or anything included with the entry fee. Didn't realise this was on this weekend and especially it being a 36 hole event as would otherwise have played it over Clontarf since I've never played Naas before and you can't beat a 36 hole event as a great day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Ben1977 wrote: »
    91 strokes for a nett 79 in captain's rd1. Hit the ball better than ever. Had a 10 on a par 5. :)

1 birdie
    6 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 D bogeys
    2 T bogeys
    1 +++ bogey

So the final went pear shaped for me. 99 strokes. The wind was in the total opposite direction from last week. No 10 on the card but plenty of triples, Ball coming off the club straight. Now if i could only aim straight.

Advertisement